Trader Joe's Spa 100% Pure Jojoba Oil

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

My skin is oily acne prone and dehydrated and jojoba oil is an awesome makeup remover and night moisturizer!! It's quite oily and does take a while to sink in so I only use it at night and I mix a couple drops of it to my cerave pm moisturizer. My eyebrows and upperlip are the dryest so I apply it directly there.

I fully believe in its pore clogging and moisturizing properties!! I used this a long time ago one summer and noticed less pimples and smoother glowier skin when I did and eventually stopped because I thought makeup remover wipes were more convenient. But I've picked it up again this summer AND AGAIN I've noticed I've had very minimal pimples unless I mess up and don't remove my makeup one night. This is worth a try if you have pesky hormonal acne that pops up frequently/you need a natural makeup remover/have dry flaky skin! One small issue is that the packaging sucks and oil drips down the side making it necessary to travel w this thing in a ziploc. But it's worth it!!

My skin is so happy I found this product.
I was as acne sufferer for 14 years. This is one product that finally helped keep me clear.
I use it as a makeup remover. It removes even waterproof mascara with ease.

I apply a few small drops in the palm of my hand and dab it on my eyes. Gently rub my makeup as it dissolves. If my skin has been extra dry, I just rinse with water and pat dry. Leaving a little oil on my skin keeps it stay soft for the day. I don't need much as I'm prone to looking greasy.

My favorite thing to use as facial cleanser is
Dr. Bronner's tea tree oil liquid soap. The tea tree oil also has helped to keep my skin clear. But this soap can feel a little drying and that's why I apply jojoba oil first then use only a little bit to rinse it off -if I feel I need to rinse.

I wear only iamgreenminded.com 's mineral makeup. All the makeup she sells is rated 0 on the comedogenic scale.

So that's it. Aside from occasionally using trader joe's head to toe balm in the winter if I experience very dry skin, I'm only using jojoba oil and castile soap. The rest of my acne treatment is internal.
*I should note I also don't use shampoo or conditioners unless it's natural. I do a little diluted Dr Bronner's and rinse with apple cider vinegar.

By internal treatments I mean I don't eat a lot of sugar, like I usually go a few weeks where I don't eat any sugar at all of any kind except from fresh fruits. I never eat processed prepared meals so I can control what goes into my body.

I also take the following supplements:
*Evening primrose oil -helps balance my hormones so I don't get breakouts around my period.
*Salmon oil -these seem to help with keeping my skin from being dry. Fish oils have a lot of benefits not just for skin. I like these pills because they're 100% wild salmon oil.
*Biotin -great for growing hair long, and long strong nails, and my skin seems to like it too. some people say taking biotin breaks them out, but this works for me.
-all are from trader joe's
*Tumeric pills - taking Tumeric really helps calm inflammation. I found these on amazon. I also cook with the spice to keep up my intake.

Take it from me I have tried everything and been prescribed every acne treatment in existence. I've spent hundreds to thousands of dollars trying to treat it.

Unfortunately acne and other skin problems are so personal and what works for me will not work for everyone. But I do encourage you to treat it internally with a healthy diet and definitely try evening primrose oil if you experience around your period. This can help see much with hormones.

Also look up the comedogenic ratings of the ingredients in everything you put on your face. Makeup, cleanser, creams, sunscreen, even shampoo and conditioner as they can leave film on your skin. Find products that are 1-0 on the scale.

I've done my homework. And my skin is so happy I did.

Another great treat from Trader Joe's. I use this as a facial makeup/sunscreen remover, all-over moisturizer, and occasionally add it to the ends of my hair. I even use it on my dog 's dry skin after bathing her. It's non-toxic, so totally safe for that.
Love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Packaging could be better, as it drips occasionally. That's the only downside, though. I love this oil I primarily use it as a mix in with my liquid foundation and BB cream. My skin runs dry and a couple little drops of this mixed into my base really add a little extra luminosity. I learned this trick from Wayne Goss on YouTube LOL. It's also a helpful product for removing that stray bit of lash adhesive. Great price, all natural.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This brand, as well as NOW brand, did not work for me. It didn't make my skin feel hydrated, in fact I got more dry spots on my face. I threw it away and gave up on jojoba oil thinking my skin didn't agree with it.
I discovered that Uncle Harry's brand which I used to use solely for Tooth Powder also makes other products sou thought I'd try out their jojoba oil and for the first time my skin didn't feel dry, didn't break out. I guess all jojoba oil isn't made equal.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What else can I add that all the previous reviewers haven't already said? It's jojoba oil. Decently stable, doesn't smell, and the surprisingly bright goldenrod color doesn't transfer to the skin, thankfully. I have used this as a makeup remover only occasionally because I am evidently the biggest klutz around my eyes and when I use it I get in my eyes and suffer bleary vision for the rest of the night, so that's not a use for me. It is a beautiful post shower moisturizer for face and body, locking in moisture and generally being wonderful.

What I love about this is that I live close to several Trader Joe's and it's just right there, affordable and amazing. What I do not love is the packaging, not that I expect it to be any fancier, but there seems to be no way to keep a bottle of oil totally neat. It requires occasional wiping and certainly don't set it down on a delicate surface. But it's wonderful stuff and I will buy it again.

The best makeup remover ever. I also use this as a moisturizer. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out. It's a fantastic oil.

I had been using very expensive facial cleansing oils like Tatcha when a friend took me to Trader Joe's one day and showed me all the stuff she buys there for skincare because it costs so much less. Most people here use jojoba oil to remove eye makeup, I've been using it as my cleanser since running out of the expensive cleansing oil.

My skin has never been more clear and feels so nice and smooth. It actually felt a little dry when I used the expensive oils. I get the sense that most people put it on wet skin, but I've been following the steps I used with Tatcha, which is to put on dry skin before adding water. The jojoba doesn't turn creamy/milky when water is added, but the oiliness dissipates. Then I use a warm washcloth to wash it all away, although in the shower or tub I just wash it off with water.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Now I use this as an eye makeup remover and I love it! It works just as well as other products marketed as eye makeup removers but it's simple and natural and cheap!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite makeup remover out there. It is natural and healthy for the skin, you don't have to worry about any harmful chemicals in the product, and it is so soothing. I rub it on my skin and let it sit for about 30 seconds and the makeup that has been on my face all day just seems to fall off. I will never buy another remover again.