no images

Reviews

2.0
from

6 months ago

This is one of the few "meh" products I've encountered from Trader Joe's. It just doesn't moisturize - it's a dud. It soaks in surprisingly well given that petrolatum is so high up in the ingredient list (3rd ingredient, actually) but just doesn't do anything for me.It also leaves your skin feeling coated b/c dimenthicone is the 4th ingredient, but it's just not moisturizing. I love the pump bottle shape, but that's about it. I'll put it in the ladies room here for general use after handwashing, but I won't buy it again. Wish I liked it better, but I just don't.

About reviewer (206 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

You know that feeling when you've found a product that works you're afraid to try something else? That's how I feel about a Midsummer Night's Cream. It's vegan, fairly affordable, and has such a pleasant texture. Rich but not too rich. Also, there's that little fact that it actually moisturizes well. I buy at least a couple of bottles at a time to make sure that I never run out.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBrown

3 years ago

Nothing works as well as this on my extremely dry skin. Lasts and lasts. I put on everywhere after my shower. No itchiness driving me crazy.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

3.0

4 years ago

Feels good and a light scent but my hands are still dry.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

5 years ago

I have bought 4 bottles of this so far, and I am going back for more. I keep one on my desk at work, and that one goes fast, as everyone in the office is discovering it and using it. I keep two out at home, and use them all of the time. I use it primarily as a hand lotion, but I do use it as a body lotion sometimes, too, I think once winter is here I will use it more as a body lotion. It's pretty rich, and a bit more than what I like in a body lotion in the summer. it really helps keep my hands soft, and I am getting far fewer hangnails since I started keeping this at work. Really reasonably priced. I definitely recommend this.

About reviewer (493 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

6 years ago

Very inexpensive for a BIG pump-top bottle. Picked one up on a whim at a local TJ's and use it on the desk at work. Decent weight (mid-weight - not too thick, not too runny) and Unscented.

About reviewer (2422 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0

6 years ago

I bought this years ago & it was all natural. I forgot about it & recently bought another bottle out of convenience. It says unscented but smells fruity & herbal which I disliked. It's thick & creamy. It feels moisturizing on the skin. However, after a few weeks if daily use my hands are super dry & hurt. They feel like they have been burned! My husband felt my hands when I touched him & asked why they are so dry. This lotion is terrible. It's very irritating to my sensitive, dry skin & full of chemicals.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

7 years ago

This is light in texture and smells like fruit loops. The scent is very light and does not smell chemically like other unscented lotions, and to be honest is the main reason for my purchasing. I am only starting to be concerned about ingredients and I would love to have tried the old formula, so one lip pie off.

About reviewer (813 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

7 years ago

I picked this up for $3.99, thinking it might be a good, cheap alternative to the Dress Green lotion I am obsessed with but not able to afford at the moment. I use it primarily on my son who has eczema on occasion, and sometimes on my hands. I love the value and the pump but I find that it is a bit thin for a cream, the moisturization doesn't last very long, and it has a sightly floral/herbal base scent rather than a truly "unscented" aroma. For $4, I will use it, but it was not an adequate replacement for the other product.

About reviewer (405 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

2.0

7 years ago

I used to love this lotion/cream when it came in the rectangular-ish larger bottle and with the old formula (NO petrolatum, no urea, no TEA/DEA chemicals - only methylparaben as the harmful stuff)! It was my favourite unscented cream. It didn't cause breakouts, had no artificial fragrance. Just a lovely scent of aloe. Recently, I was shocked to notice the formula has changed, quite a bit. New ingredients (in priority order) are - butylene glycol, petrolatum, dimethicone, peg-100 stearate, hydrolyzed soy protein, tocopherol, TEA-carbomer, diazolidnylurea, methylparaben, propylparaben. In the new formula, glycerin, aloe juice, jojoba oil, avocado oil and all such good stuff has moved lower down the order. NOT good! Missing ingredients in the new formula - Cucumis Sativus, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) extract, Viola Tricolor Extract, Commiphora Myrrha Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Citric Acid, Allantoin So basically, I am paying just for a fancy bottle of petrolatum+butylene glycol and a bunch of nasty chemicals. It would have been better if they had upped the price a bit (which they have already done - from $2.60 to $4) and kept the old, working formula the same! HATE it when products sneakily change on us. Please write to Trader Joe's to urge restoration of the old formula.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm