Laura Mercier Baked Eye Colour - Wet/Dry in Black Karat

No Image

4.2

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This can be used dry or wet but I believe the outcome and overall vibrancy of the shade is best used wet IMO. I love this shade for the fact that I can pair it with just about any lippie shade. I don't regulate myself to only using this for special occasions or night time. I wear it during the day with a pinky nude lippie. Nighttime I will pair it up with a rich burgundy lippie. The wear time....I get six hours of solid wear time before I actually see some fading or creasing.

on 11/24/2016 5:49:00 AM

My absolute favourite party eyeshadow. I always use it wet and it looks spectacular . It is more gold than black but on me it's such a flattering colour. When I apply it wet it sets very quickly and it stays put until I want to take it off. I have not had any problems of glitter falling into my eye and irritating them (an issue with other eyeshadows). My only issue is there's no mirror in the pallet but it's a minor point. It is expensive but it's so perfect I don't mind paying-!

I have never tried a baked shadow that I liked....but this one looked sooo pretty in the packaging. Yet again another baked shadow that looks better in my makeup case then it does on me :( The color is really strange....black karat yet to me it comes off more brown with gold glitter flecks. Once on it almost looks a bit green/goldish. If you do like the color I would suggest applying it wet. The color has way more intensity and stays put longer. Using while dry it is the opposite...gone in an hour and lack luster....I have learned my lesson...NO MORE BAKED SHADOWS!!!!!

on 11/18/2014 12:05:00 PM

Love it! Beautiful.Amazing....I could go on and on. Seriously this is so well ....fabulous! Lets face it the price is off putting however its worth it. I use it wet. Dry its kinda ok but doesn't do the eye altering amazing thing that happens when you wet it. What I like is that it is sparkly but not in that I am 16 years old kinda sparkly. I think its great for day and great for night. It makes my hazel-green eyes soooo shiny green and it works well with taupe shade eye shadows and with the black shades and with purples, really its a chameleon of an eye shadow. You can also do a totally nude face with it or use it with a darker cheek and lip and somehow it never looks wrong. My only negative is that I get sparkles on my cheeks but I will say I don't care. I can wipe them off. Some eyeshadows I don't think are special enough to go to that extra effort but this one it just is. It is a very grown up eye and very sophisticated. It is also expensive looking ....you know when you see that lady out that just looks like she knows how to do makeup and you wonder if you could ever look like that? well somehow this does that....It really is just special.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I take my hat off to whoever the genius is that invented this amazing eyecolor. I have yet to try it wet (not that brave and haven't had the time to try to be). But this color is incredible. I got it as a sample; a teeny tiny little pot in a Sephora 500 point beauty insider gift set. I use it at least 3 times a week and the pot is still almost full (I use a simple eye sponge applicator when I use this). The first time I wore this, a guy I work with said hi to me one day, then just sat there and stared at me for a creepy second. When he saw I noticed, he said "whatever you did to your eyes today looks gorgeous". Once a man said that to me I knew I had struck gold. I can't wait to try the other colors from this collection. I do agree with another reviewer that dry this isn't very pigmented, but it is dark if you don't normally wear darker colors. I feel like it is buildable, so thats a plus.

This stuff is really expensive for what you get. It's a nice shimmery eyeshadow but it's not very pigmented. I like it and will use it but will not repurchase.

on 1/22/2013 11:20:00 PM

I received this as a freebie - I have fair skin, and black eye shadows don't usually work on me. I tried this one skeptically - and I LOVE It. This has become my 'go to' eyeshadow- especially on those days when I'm in a hurry running errands. I use an angled brush, smudge it just above my eyeliner - and I am out the door. Fabulous!

on 11/9/2012 10:08:00 AM

The black karat colour was made for my skin tone and clothing tastes. I wear it dry to work and wet on an evening and weekend. I also love the ballet pink and lagoon colours.

Pros:

Just the right amount of sparkle
Good coverage
Stays on. And on.

Cons:

Doesn't blend as easily as some other shadows, e.g. Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue, my particular favourites there are Indigo (matt) and mink (Sparkly

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I really like this shadow on my gray blue eyes. Makes for a beautiful smokey eye. However, I already have 2 very similar shadows: Urban Decay in Cobra, and the dark forest green with gold shimmer in Maybelline quads Sea Sprite and Gutsy Green. However, it's such a beautiful color, I must keep it! The difference between Black Karat and Cobra is that Cobra has gold shimmer and looks a bit more charcoal, while Black Karat has gold glitter and looks almost brown in comparison. I also find Black Karat to have more fallout and is harder to control.

on 10/2/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Simply amazing. I decided to get this on a whim and I am so glad I did. No pictures will ever do this shadow justice. Perfect amount of shimmer for a night on the town and subtle enough for daytime! I personally use it as a crease shade, as I am quite fair and even with a smoky eye black is just too harsh. This looks soft, diffused, almost angelic. Every time I wear it I get compliments from complete strangers telling me I look pretty, instead of my makeup. Wet is just as nice, but I would never wear it wet myself. Worth the money! :)