Dior Powder foundation brush

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Dior Powder foundation brush
Powder foundation brush

4.3

This is a very high quality brush. The brush hairs are lush, dense and natural. the handle is made with a heavy wood with embossed CD logo on it (I've attached an image, there is an alternative version with a metal handle), and it comes with a black velvet sleeve that is very discreet and portable. When freshly washed the brush is a dream to work with; the hairs are light, fluffy, and provides an amazing coverage. The only problem is that after only one use the powder gets stuck in its very dense hairs and the brush becomes a stiff and less easy to work with. So unless you're very good with your brushes and wash them all the time, this brush is very high maintenance. It's also a bit on the pricey side, but not surprising since it is a Dior brush. I don't think that I would buy this again if I lost it or needed to replace this due to normal wear and tear. I would go with the Shisheido Powder brush instead - the hairs on the Shiseido brush are longer much easier to work with.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

As I've got oily skin, I stick to using strictly mineral powder face makeup -- I have been switching back and forth between BareMinerals and PurMinerals. That being said, the brush I have been using to apply my face makeup has been the Christian Dior powder foundation brush. The bristles are the perfect length and are very dense, dispensing the full coverage. The handle is also very steady and substantial, well-made, etc. As it's Christian Dior, it's rather pricey, but well worth it if you can splurge for the investment. It is one of my favourite makeup bag items and shudder to think of going back to a generic or drugstore foundation brush. It also comes with a lovely case, keeping the rest of the makeup in your bag off of it. I wash the brush very regularly with MAC's makeup brush cleanser, and hang it bristles-down to dry. It has held up amazingly after months of every day use, and does not shed.

I highly recommend this brush to anyone who applies powder or mineral foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I can't say enough good things about this full flat top brush. It's my absolute HG and I am going to buy a second one in case Dior ever decides to discontinue this gem. It's meant to apply Dior nude loose powder/powder foundation, however I only use it to apply liquid foundation. It's perfect at that. It provides air-brushed even coverage with every single liquid foundation that I own. It's great at blending, buffing, spreading the foundation over the face etc etc. Like with any foundation brush, coverage is not really sheer but I am not really looking for sheer coverage when I use a brush. If I need sheer coverage, then I just apply foundation with my fingers. Minor points - it does shed and it's quite expensive (but then again Mac is probably even more expensive). If I remember correctly it retails for 33 euros here, in the Netherlands. I LOVE this brush and can't imagine my make-up routine without it :-) I have 4 regular foundation brushes, which I used to be happy with, but I am ready to bin them as they are nothing compared to this Dior brush! UPDATE Before buying a back-up, I am going to try Sigma F80, which looks similar and has fantastic reviews. Besides it's twice as cheap and I get quite annoyed with the hair fall-out I get from Dior! UPDATE Sigma F80 is fabulous and no annoying fall-out! I am afraid Dior has lost lots of points, thought I still love the brush but I have noticed that I reach for Sigma more often than for Dior :-)