Maybelline Expert Eyes Duo- Velvet Crush

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/11/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My first time trying Mayebelline shadows again after nearly 15 years. I did not like the formula back then for lack of pigment and chalkiness. I tried again because I heard they redid the whole line of shadow quads. Wow...they are pigmented now and super soft.

This quad is in some beautiful grayish purples (my favorite colors). VERY velvety (no pun intended) and soft. One swipe and I had good color. These are soft and romantic colors and great for everyday. This new formula reminds me of UB or Too Faced. NO glitter though. NONE. Just very soft and silky.

The liner color is such a gorgeous charcoal color but soft and lighter with a plum undertone. The base color is such a nice pale pink that looks great even on its own. The crease color is light enough to use on the lids. The lid color is a nice lavender that looks fabulous.

on 11/10/2007 9:20:00 AM

You know the type of colors that you can just grab and know they'll work? This is how I feel about this quad. I love every color. The lightest color is a great base and isn't too frosty or sparkly. It gives off a very subtle blue/gray hue that looks natural. The lid color (2nd shade) is probably the most frosty of all the colors. I don't use that as much. However, the contour color and dark color are great. Again, not too frosty or over-the-top. Great staying power on my oily lids. If you use Urban Decay's eyeshadow base, you get even more staying power. I have greenish/gray eyes and these colors work perfectly. Makes you wonder why you spend so much money on expensive eyeshadows. By the way, this is a quad not a duo as the title indicates.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great staple for those of us who can not afford Stilla eye shawdows! I love how it looks on my blue eyes! The brushes that it comes with hurt my eyelids so I use my own brushes. But for 5.49 can I really complain!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this eyeshadow duo - it's such a staple in my makeup kit, and for about 2 years now, i've kept my eye out for similar colors in higher-end brands, just because i can be a brand junkie and look for any reason to expand my collection...but i've never found anything exactly like the shimmery silvery brownish-mauve that i love so much in this duo. To be honest, the darker shade is not really spectacular to me, as i have many other shadows about that same color. But i LOVE the lighter shimmery shade and just wish that i could buy a case of that alone (maybelline *might* sell alone, not sure?)...anyhow, these colors are gorgeous, even the deeper shade. i think you could get a really sophisticated look from these super cheap drugstore finds - i am dark skinned and not everything shows up on me, so i LOVE this shadow duo!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love this duo! The colors are a shimmery taupe and deep matte plum, together they look perfect! You'll get pretty sophisticated eyes. Unlike other Maybelline shadows, the shades in this duo are very pigmented, I highly recommend it, great for fall/winter. My only complaint is that it has been discontinued, too bad. Get it while you can!

on 12/21/2003 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yo, Smo-kayyy! Velvet Crush (~$4) is a deep shimmery taupe paired with a deep matte plum. The taupe is similar to MAC's Satin Taupe, but not as strongly plum-toned. The plum reminds me of MAC Blackberry, but I don't have it to compare. I used the taupe on the lid and crease w/the plum wet to line, and it's smokin', if I saw so myself. Technically discontinued, but I've seen this at Dollar Tree recently.

on 1/11/2003 1:45:00 AM

Wonderful for a vampy-eye look! Rich and deep shades, great layering effect too. Cheap, and great!