Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hisbiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo

3.7

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (Coconut Oil), Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Rosemary Extract, Silk Protein, Proprietary Essential Oil Blend, Guar Gum, Stearic Acid, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Hibiscus Flower Extract

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My hair is short, color-treated, slightly dry, and wavy-curly. I wash my hair once a week.
I originally thought this was a moisturizing shampoo because of its reputation and it felt moisturizing when I used it.
However, by the second day my hair looked dry (but it had a lot of fullness) and the curl had gone so I used a moisturizing conditioner. On the third day my hair still looked dry and there was a little breakage. I gave my hair a light wash with Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Shampoo & conditioned with Ouidad Curl Quencher Conditioner. On the fourth day I conditioned again with Ouidad Curl Quencher Conditioner.
My hair finally felt in balance.
Shea Moisture advertises that it's for curly hair and that it provides moisture and shine. It has eliminated sulfates, parabens, and other "bad" ingredients. However, it's not at all suited for curly hair, or dry hair, both of which require moisture. Shea Moisture dried out my hair more than any clarifying shampoo I've ever used.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love the smell of this shampoo but it makes my hair so dry, my ends feel like straw when I use it, it must be the coconut oil, protein overload for curly hair, makes my wavy hair really shiny but that's it, towards mid-week I start to get really itchy scalp at the crown.

To Read all 43 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Although I would buy this product again, it's not a product I would ever go out of my way for. I actually really like the fact that it did not strip my hair of oils whatsoever. It felt very nice by the time I was done and that was the first time I've ever felt what it was like to NOT have your hair stripped of its natural oils. The smell is also beautiful. The only reason I'm not head over heels over this product is because this particular line of the Shea moisture is supposed to specialize in curls and I really don't feel this product did anything for my curls. I think it's the least defined I've ever seen my curls, and the frizziest I've ever seen them...

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The third shampoo I tried from this brand. So far, this is the most moisturizing one I have tried from the others(Jamaican Castor Oil Shampoo and Black African Soap Dandruf.

So far, the best moisturizing shampoo I have EVER tried. For my Asian/Caucasian hair that is easily oily at the scalp, straight, very thick and very long, I dont need a super moisturizing shampoo and this is juuuust right. I think any more moisture or oil would be too much and I dont think I will try a more moisturizing shampoo than this one. My hair does feel extremely soft and silky but not as airy, bouncy clean like the others. Does not make my scalp oily though; it is so gentle and soft in cleansing and there is no sulfates. I should only use this if I washed my hair already the same say or with a deeper cleaning shampoo the day before. I could NOT wash my hair with this shampoo when my hair has a pre-treatment(similar to what the reviewer below me stated) or very oily to start off with.

The texture, smell and easy lather altogether is tropically divine! The smell alone makes me happy to use this(smells like a pineapples). The ingredients look pretty natural and exotic.

If you are looking for a soft&gentle cleansing, VERY moisturizing shampoo: This is the best so far and while it is not the cheapest, it is not salon priced. SheaMoisture keeps impressing me with their haircare. Would buy again!

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I decided to try this product because of its reviews. I would pre poo my hair before shampooing so that my hair would not be stripped of most of its natural oils . but when I this product in my hair there is no need to pre poo. I can finger comb with ease. After shampooing my hair, I let it air dry and my hair curls are defined and smelling really great.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love so much this stuff , the smell is divine. I am from Portugal and for a long time I was looking for a sulfate free shampoo and lastly I find out this wonderful stuff, It's work very well on my 2c / 3a hair type . Is a natural product and in begining maybe take a dry look on hair but with the time it's adapt for the really best appearance. For now I'm looking for the conditioner, but it is finished on shop, so I get I want really try the both together.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I found the shampoo made my scalp itch and made the roots look greasy and the conditioner made my hair rough!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Nope. dried the hell out of my scalp. left me flakey and itchy and the only way I got any relief was massaging oil into my scalp and letting it sit for hours before washing w/ my standard GVP Tea Tree and Lavender poo/dish. Tried using less, but still had the same result. My sister loves it so it's not a total loss.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I felt like this dried my hair out more than regular soap. Hated it!

Pretty terrible stuff. I have long, color-treated, thick hair. I've used this shampoo a few times and, while it smells great, it leaves a strange film on my hair. Maybe that's the result from all the oils used in the formula. I don't know. I just know that my hair feels coated and strange. I definitely won't finish the bottle and I certainly won't repurchase.