Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Condition

Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Condition

de-ionized water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter)*, Argan oil, coconut oil*, Behentrimonium chloride, essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin, emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, Panthenol (vitamin B-5), avocado oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract, Tocopherol (vitamin E) and Daucus Carota Sativa (carrot) seed oil.

on 6/5/2016 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this! Give it a try! It makes my hair so soft and shiny! I have almost finished my whole bottle of this and have already purchased another bottle. I love letting the conditioner sit on my hair for atleast 3 minutes, rinsing it out, towel drying my hair and then adding a dime size amount to the ends. My hair looks so much healthier. The ends of my hair are very damaged due to bleaching and this conditioner works wonders! Would definitely recommend!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I used this conditioner as a leave in and also a regular wash out conditioner. Using it in any way leaves me with an itchy scalp and itchy hands so i'm pretty sure im allergic to an ingredient. When I use the matching shampoo it doesn't do that to me. Overall there's nothing that special about this conditioner. Would not get again because of the allergic reaction I had :(

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/1/2016 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Good stuff!

I purchased a bottle of this conditioner for $10 to go along with the complementary shampoo and am satisfied with the condition of my hair whenever I use the combo! Must be said that I have long, black, and straight Asian hair, very typical. I have never had a hair treatment or dyed my hair before. I use four pumps every time I wash my hair because I'm a person of excess.

This conditioner organic, helps a small business, not too pricey, and helps my hair become healthy, look shiny, and feel soft? Great! I usually don't buy into the hype of organic beauty products but hey, the ingredient list seems pretty decent and I do feel good about using this product.

I like the scent of this conditioner and people compliment on it when I'm around them, so no complaints there.

I would purchase this again; this was my first "nice" hair conditioning product and I have no desire to look for a different conditioner as this satisfies all my requirements. I am low maintenance when it comes to my hair and prefer it that way.

on 4/1/2016 5:43:00 AM

Holy cow this is good stuff. I use it as a leave in and makes my hair so soft and shiny and detangles so well. It had a nice light smells.now oily at all

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this on the rec'd of a Facebook friend (she suggested the 1 in the tub but I didn't see it at Kroger), so I got this recently & tried it a couple of times & have to report back to y'all that this is awesome! I'm so going to buy some more from this brand, esp since it's fair trade/sustainable/Vegan & has amazingly high quality products for a very modest price. I mean yanno u can buy suave for $2 but ur not getting certified organic & other good-for-ur-hair ingredients w a company I'm glad to support their business practices so I kno $10 is a lot for a DS product but look what ur getting. & my hair feels so good after I use this. The smell is amazingly good kinda like VS Dreamy Vanilla my hair is 2C & I flat iron it so it takes a lot of abuse. This makes my hair shiny & deceptively healthy looking even thou I'm abusing my heat appliance for heat styling & my hair is even growing! I use this/Mane & Tail/Loreal/Queen Helene Cholesterol all on a frequent basis rotating (4-5 days) depending on what I feel like. My mom commented my hair looks "lighter" so I guess it enhances hi-lites!! My hair is soft & shiny after using the other products w this as a rinse out (leave on for 3 mins no experience w leaving in "yet" gonna try eventually!). My flat iron just glides thru my hair like buttah & hair stays strait.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I first tried this conditioner as a rinse out and was pretty underwhelmed by the results. I had most of a bottle left and wanted to use it up before I bought any more SM products during one of the BOGO events. The bottle does say you can also use it as a leave in so I began using it to moisturize my hair throughout the week. Turns out it's exactly what my thick, low porosity, type 4 hair needs. I use the LCO method every other day or so but I find that with this conditioner my hair is so moisturized, I don't necessarily have to refresh my hair that often if I don't want to.

Sure the product is at the higher end of the drugstore conditioner price range but the quality is well worth the price especially if you watch out for BOGOFREE sales.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this as a rinse out and leave in conditioner. As a rinse out I apply this to wet hair in the shower and comb it through with a wide toothed comb. I wait until the very end of my shower to rinse it completely out and my hair so soft and detangled. As a leave in I use a ton of this on my whole head from roots to ends. My hair is left so frizz-free, moisturized, soft and shiny without any weigh down. The fact that there are no silicones is awesome because it means my hair is actually getting healthy to the core and not just the outside shafts. I have color treated and permed hair and this product has really saved it from the damage that just comes with the territory. The smell is really strong even though this product doesn't contain any SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCE.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great conditioner. Its thick, creamy and moisturizing. And the smell is wonderful! Very easy to detangle your hair with this and leaves your hair soft and smooth after you rinse. My only complaint is its too thick to be in a pump bottle. Its hard to pump out and once you start running low it's impossible to get out. They should put it in a jar instead like they do there hair masques.

on 10/15/2015 9:01:00 PM

This did nothing to restore my hair. My hair is just highlighted. It tends to get frizzy and it is on the dry side. The conditioner is slippery feeling but made my hair dry. I used it as a deep conditioner and as a quick 3 minute after shampoo conditioner. Neither way did it make any difference. My hair came out dry and greasy. I threw this away.

on 10/1/2015 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this for about a month along with the Shea Moisture Moisture Retention shampoo, and neither worked for me. I wrote a lengthy review on the shampoo because I was particularly disappointed with it. This conditioner, while not as terrible for me as the shampo, just didn't work with my hair texture, which is very fine, on the thinner side but with slight volume due to my wave, oily at the roots, dry and weak, and Mrs. Frizzle frizz.

Anywho, this conditioner certainly did
nothing to "restore" just as the shampoo did nothing to "retain moisture" and didn't tame or enhance my hair in any fashion, which is all I really ask from conditioner. It left my hair feeling simultaneously greasy and heavy whilst stripped and tangled which was kind of puzzling. Also, I guess because of the massive tangle factor, I was losing an insane amount of hair, even when I tried a different shampoo for a couple of weeks. And by insane I mean clumps in the shower, clumps when combing out wet, and clumps even when I most tentatively ran my hands through dry hair.

Again, as I noted in my review for the shampoo, I've reached the conclusion, at long last, that the natural thing just isn't for me. I believe my hair likes a bit of the man-made stuff like silicones. I've transitioned in the past week to a sulfate free L'Oreal shampoo and a Dove conditioner and my hair looks and feels healthier than it has in a long time. Just FYI, before I started the Shea Moisture thing, I was using Avalon Organics Biotin shampoo and conditioner (in the dark blue bottles) and it left me stripped and tangled, leading to damage and a trim of three inches.