Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

Burt's Bees  Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia
 Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/15/2018 12:21:00 AM

The red dahlia shade is one of my favorite (and first!) beauty products ever. Leaves a smooth, buttery finish and the perfect casual wash of color that can oftentimes be enough to brighten up the whole face. Since I usually wear very minimal makeup and really do not like the way lipsticks look on me, this is a great go-to. However, I am super pale and the red dahlia shade is as light as I go, the other shades barely show up on my lips at all, so I know these balms probably don't show up as well on more melanin-blessed complexions

on 6/3/2018 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love Burt's Bees beeswax balms in the stick/tin...I am pretty addicted to both, can't live without...This sounded great, having some color, but so little color payoff for me. My lips have very little color, they're light pink so I need way more color than this can offer, not going to work!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Red Dahlia looks like a dark claret red but applies a gorgeous dusty dark mauve on my lips. The problem with this lip balm is the formula. It dries out and causes my lips to chap.

I have been using the regular chap stick for soooo long but I am always disappointing with every other product they make...The name of this is misleading as it doesn't look red at all when on. Also its kind of messy...like it comes off tooo thin or something. Doesn't last long and looks blah on me. Maybe they should stick to their classics and not try to make more money off sub-par products.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love this color of this lip balm, but the formula is a no-go for me. Like several other reviewers have noted, the texture is very thin and... oily? Greasy? Not like a balm at all. And despite being a Burt's Bees product - which I expected to be super-hydrating -this product dries my lips out, especially in winter. It's back to my trusty Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker, which is only a tad less pigmented than this balm, but is never drying!

on 10/7/2017 1:49:00 PM

I love this stuff beyond reason. I'm on my third tube, and I've given some to friends who hadn't tried it yet and they're hooked now too. I think the Red Dahlia shade is flattering on almost everyone. It's perfect for when you want a little colour and moisture, but don't want to put on lipstick. I know some people find it a little slick and greasy, but I live in a very dry climate so I welcome the extra moisture. It's a little pricy, so I just buy it when it's on sale.

I was recently given Bite Beauty's tinted balm in Blackcurrant, and it's really nice too, but truthfully, this stuff is just as good at about a third of the price.

on 9/27/2017 9:30:00 PM

I'm definitely a nude/glossy, mauve/glossy lipstick type of girl, but I really like these a lot! Im just trying these this week for the first time, and bought 3 colors(red dahlia, hibiscus, rose). My Walmart only had those 3 shades, but I will definitely be on the lookout for the 2 brownish nude shades I see in the pics here! I like to lightly line my lips only on the outside, then use this tinted balm, on quick/no fuss days...it doesn't last a super long time, but I wasn't expecting it to...I will definitely repurchase this shade and some others.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have at least two of these in different bags/places in my house. I really wish I had tried this earlier because this is basically the tinted balm version of my HG lippie, Nars Dolce Vita. It's very MLBB for me. I've liked all of the Burt's Bees tinted balms that I've tried - this is the 3rd color I've tried: Dahlia, Pink Blossom and Zinnia. I'll definitely be repurchasing these over and over.

on 4/30/2017 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I guess I do have pigmented lips because I have to smear this on just to see even a hint of color change. If I like it on my lips get a touch more color...but not much. I like how it makes my lips look though. I hate the smell / taste of these too. I am nw20, deep winter.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my go-to lip color. Swatched on the skin, it looks brownish, but that doesn't show on my lips. I have relatively pigmented lips, so Red Dahlia is a MLBB shade with a berry cast to it. Very pretty and works well with my light pink-toned skin. It's slightly buildable, but putting too much on makes my lips feel a little greasy. Being the size of a lip balm, it's easy to carry with you and being tinted means you don't have to use a mirror to apply while still getting a good color payoff. The only con is that it has an old-fashioned, lipsticky smell.