Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

Burt's Bees  Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia
 Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/7/2017 1:49:00 PM

I love this stuff beyond reason. I'm on my third tube, and I've given some to friends who hadn't tried it yet and they're hooked now too. I think the Red Dahlia shade is flattering on almost everyone. It's perfect for when you want a little colour and moisture, but don't want to put on lipstick. I know some people find it a little slick and greasy, but I live in a very dry climate so I welcome the extra moisture. It's a little pricy, so I just buy it when it's on sale.

I was recently given Bite Beauty's tinted balm in Blackcurrant, and it's really nice too, but truthfully, this stuff is just as good at about a third of the price.

on 9/27/2017 9:30:00 PM

I'm definitely a nude/glossy, mauve/glossy lipstick type of girl, but I really like these a lot! Im just trying these this week for the first time, and bought 3 colors(red dahlia, hibiscus, rose). My Walmart only had those 3 shades, but I will definitely be on the lookout for the 2 brownish nude shades I see in the pics here! I like to lightly line my lips only on the outside, then use this tinted balm, on quick/no fuss days...it doesn't last a super long time, but I wasn't expecting it to...I will definitely repurchase this shade and some others.

on 4/30/2017 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I guess I do have pigmented lips because I have to smear this on just to see even a hint of color change. If I like it on my lips get a touch more color...but not much. I like how it makes my lips look though. I hate the smell / taste of these too. I am nw20, deep winter.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have at least two of these in different bags/places in my house. I really wish I had tried this earlier because this is basically the tinted balm version of my HG lippie, Nars Dolce Vita. It's very MLBB for me. I've liked all of the Burt's Bees tinted balms that I've tried - this is the 3rd color I've tried: Dahlia, Pink Blossom and Zinnia. I'll definitely be repurchasing these over and over.

on 3/20/2017 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of the two products I've tried from this brand and both have been disappointing. I was really excited about trying Burt's Bees, it seemed like such a great all-natural brand, but so far, I'm extremely unimpressed.

This is an okay lipbalm, but the price makes it a big pass. If it was like two euros, I'd say sure, but for this price? Hell no. Get yourself a Lush lip balm instead, one of those in the little tins. The colour payoff is weak; I'm very pale with pale lips, and this barely shows up on me. I've always worn it with a lipliner underneath if I actually wanted to wear it out as makeup. Yet, there's enough pigment that I've ended up with smears all over my pillow when I tried to wear it to bed, as I usually do with my lipbalms.

It has a very unpleasant scent, overly strong, kinda like silicone, and it doesn't fade even when I've had it on for a while. It tastes unpleasant, too. I don't get a very 'all natural' feeling from how this smells at all. It does moisturise the lips, but not that well; the texture is very thick and heavy, almost like a lipgloss, greasy and sticky, and it just kinda sits on top of my lips and doesn't really want to sink in even a little bit, so I'd usually rub it in repeatedly, either with my fingers or by smacking my lips together like a maniac. I would put up with the unpleasant smell if it was an incredibly moisturising formula, but it isn't. The thick texture made me think it's maybe more like a protective lip balm than a moisturising one, so I've tried wearing it out when I go for walks and things like that, but always ended up with chapped lips anyway. It also has absolutely no staying power; because it's so wet, it doesn't at all manage to cling to your lips. I'd be reapplying this multiple times a day whenever I wore it out as makeup.

The packaging is nice, but nothing special. The price is laughable for what you get. I wouldn't buy this again. I'm giving it two lippies because it does work and the colour might work for some people, so it's not a total fail, but it's just not something I'd recommend to anyone looking for a good lipbalm.

EDIT: I uploaded some photos of swatches in natural light. A hand swatch and the balm on my lips, only applied to the left side of my mouth, so you can see what difference it makes (or rather doesn't make). Both applications are multiple layers, we're talking like 5 or 6 passes at least.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my go-to lip color. Swatched on the skin, it looks brownish, but that doesn't show on my lips. I have relatively pigmented lips, so Red Dahlia is a MLBB shade with a berry cast to it. Very pretty and works well with my light pink-toned skin. It's slightly buildable, but putting too much on makes my lips feel a little greasy. Being the size of a lip balm, it's easy to carry with you and being tinted means you don't have to use a mirror to apply while still getting a good color payoff. The only con is that it has an old-fashioned, lipsticky smell.

on 8/23/2016 6:40:00 PM

Like the color, do not like how greasy it is. Going back to Fresh sugar Rose once I use this up

on 6/17/2016 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I wanted to try one of these and was excited when I received one in my Birchbox. I love the color of this lip balm. It's a purple-ish, rosy color that shows up nicely on my lips while still looking natural. It's not long lasting, but I didn't expect it to be. When I run out, I'll purchase it when I catch it on sale.

This is just an OK lip balm. I feel like it just sits on your lips. I didn't feel like it moisturized, and it gave a lighter red color than I expected. I wouldn't spend the $4.99 for these specific lip balms again, personally.

I have no idea what the negative reviews are all about, saying this has no color pay off?? Maybe I have a new formula or something but I get excellent color with this! Like flush, red/dark pink that suits my fair but neutral skin perfectly. I wear this all the time, is so moisturizing as well. Also, mine just came in a tube without the cardboard packaging? Hopefully they realized what a waste that was.

The way I found this product was, this really gorgeous model was wearing it and I asked what her lip color was and she pulled out this. HG!

Popular Lips Products