Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

Burt's Bees  Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia
 Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia Tinted Lip Balm Red Dahlia

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This gives a sheer wash of color, much lighter than it appears in the tube, yet creates a pretty, natural looking, brick red tint on the lips. Hydrates well, and has a pleasant sweet scent. This is my daily go-to, since I don't like lipgloss, and lipstick can be too "done up" for casual days. Would repurchase this shade!

on 3/20/2017 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of the two products I've tried from this brand and both have been disappointing. I was really excited about trying Burt's Bees, it seemed like such a great all-natural brand, but so far, I'm extremely unimpressed.

This is an okay lipbalm, but the price makes it a big pass. If it was like two euros, I'd say sure, but for this price? Hell no. Get yourself a Lush lip balm instead, one of those in the little tins. The colour payoff is weak; I'm very pale with pale lips, and this barely shows up on me. I've always worn it with a lipliner underneath if I actually wanted to wear it out as makeup. Yet, there's enough pigment that I've ended up with smears all over my pillow when I tried to wear it to bed, as I usually do with my lipbalms.

It has a very unpleasant scent, overly strong, kinda like silicone, and it doesn't fade even when I've had it on for a while. It tastes unpleasant, too. I don't get a very 'all natural' feeling from how this smells at all. It does moisturise the lips, but not that well; the texture is very thick and heavy, almost like a lipgloss, greasy and sticky, and it just kinda sits on top of my lips and doesn't really want to sink in even a little bit, so I'd usually rub it in repeatedly, either with my fingers or by smacking my lips together like a maniac. I would put up with the unpleasant smell if it was an incredibly moisturising formula, but it isn't. The thick texture made me think it's maybe more like a protective lip balm than a moisturising one, so I've tried wearing it out when I go for walks and things like that, but always ended up with chapped lips anyway. It also has absolutely no staying power; because it's so wet, it doesn't at all manage to cling to your lips. I'd be reapplying this multiple times a day whenever I wore it out as makeup.

The packaging is nice, but nothing special. The price is laughable for what you get. I wouldn't buy this again. I'm giving it two lippies because it does work and the colour might work for some people, so it's not a total fail, but it's just not something I'd recommend to anyone looking for a good lipbalm.

I have no idea what the negative reviews are all about, saying this has no color pay off?? Maybe I have a new formula or something but I get excellent color with this! Like flush, red/dark pink that suits my fair but neutral skin perfectly. I wear this all the time, is so moisturizing as well. Also, mine just came in a tube without the cardboard packaging? Hopefully they realized what a waste that was.

The way I found this product was, this really gorgeous model was wearing it and I asked what her lip color was and she pulled out this. HG!

on 8/23/2016 6:40:00 PM

Like the color, do not like how greasy it is. Going back to Fresh sugar Rose once I use this up

This is just an OK lip balm. I feel like it just sits on your lips. I didn't feel like it moisturized, and it gave a lighter red color than I expected. I wouldn't spend the $4.99 for these specific lip balms again, personally.

on 6/17/2016 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I wanted to try one of these and was excited when I received one in my Birchbox. I love the color of this lip balm. It's a purple-ish, rosy color that shows up nicely on my lips while still looking natural. It's not long lasting, but I didn't expect it to be. When I run out, I'll purchase it when I catch it on sale.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure why I ignored these balms for so long. They're not exactly cheap, but they do feel nice on your lips and Red Dahlia is a unique shade. It's not red, berry, or pink, but some combination of all of those shades depending on your lip tone. It lasts an ok amount of time, but like with all BB balms it doesn't tend to hang around for long or hug your lips with long lasting moisture. What I do love about it is the way it makes your lips feel and how it instantly makes your lips softer and more comfortable. I also bought Sweet Violet for a soft pink tone.

on 4/14/2016 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this to use as a sheer lip tint after buying and enjoying the hibiscus one. I actually don't mind the packaging because it applies so sheerly. A few years back Burt's Bees had an almost lipstick version of this that I loathed applying because it was too opaque for precision application in the chaptick type tube. This applies sheer with a very faint hint of moisturizing colour. Doesn't irritate my lips, cause edge of the lip acne and overall I would repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This packaging sux! I have never rated packaging 1 lippie but I got home & somebody has jacked the tube inside! Returned to the store & checked the tubes b4 I bought them thankfully coz about half of all of the cardboard tubes were empty...wth!! & they have some lady seems like always stocking/hanging around the hair/makeup aisles (loss prevention?), but yeah that was annoying coz it's easy to get am empty tube & not much on color selection when half have been stolen!!!! The cardboard tube is pointless, aids in thievery & stores don't restock coz they think they got a bunch of lipbalms still when in reality they are empty. I am sorry if I sound crotchety in my old age but I was also expecting a big fat tube of lipbalm not the brown ugly (standard sized) tube inside. I got Red Dahlia hesitantly thinking ohh might be too dark well it barely deposits any color, I get better pay off from Bonne Bell Dr Pepper Lipsmacker. I won't rebuy, I have 1 other "color" if u wanna call it that I use the term "color" loosely. I'm better off sticking w my BB lipsmackers I don't care that I'm gonna be pushing 40 I <3 my lipsmackers til the day I die. This was a huge disappointment. The color very weakly reminded me of Clinique black honey IF I slathered Vaseline all over my lips b4 I applied it to dilute it big time. I am using these as expensive chapsticks basicsllu like the price was exorbitant & inflated but the one good thing about it is that no SPF (SPF tastes gross in some lipbalms) & all natural which all natural goes a long way for me in redemptive terms. Caveat emptor: go buy a BB Dr Pepper Lipsmacker for $2 it may have juvenile packaging but the color payoff is what I wished red dahlia would've been. Burts bees had disappointed me so far twice in a row. I have 2 more products to try I bought so I'm hoping for better luck. I really, REALLY wanted to like this & it's a definite "miss" for me.

on 12/29/2015 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i don't want to say that it's terrible but it was really disappointing. the moment you put it on it goes on very smoothly, and the colour is really subtle (which i like). however, i'd say maybe within 10 minutes of wearing it the colour and the actual balm (???) separates in a weird way and settles into lines and into strange patches. ive never owrn this out so i don't know the long-term effects of this, but i honestly wouldn't recommend it

Popular Lips Products