Avon ANEW CLINICAL Luminosity Pro Brightening Serum

Avon ANEW CLINICAL Luminosity Pro Brightening Serum
ANEW CLINICAL Luminosity Pro Brightening Serum ANEW CLINICAL Luminosity Pro Brightening Serum

3.7

WATER/EAU GLYCERIN CYCLOPENTASILOXANE PROPYLENE GLYCOL GLYCOLIC ACID THIODIPROPIONIC ACID TRIOXAUNDECANEDIOIC ACID ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE ASPARTIC ACID PETASITES HYBRIDUS LEAF EXTRACT ZEA MAYS (CORN) KERNEL EXTRACT FOENICULUM VULGARE (FENNEL) FRUIT EXTRACT PHYTOL PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7 PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER BUTYLENE GLYCOL CARBOMER AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL POLYSORBATE 20 PHENOXYETHANOL CHLORPHENESIN DISODIUM EDTA PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891

on 8/8/2017 2:52:00 PM

Another deliberately disingenuous product from Avon.
Their blurb tells us this will brighten the skin and fade dark spots and discolorations with “injectable grade
L-Aspartic Acid” to deliver “dramatic brightening results”.

This is how they describe it:

*BRIGHTENING GEL: designed to eliminate dull skin cells to visibly retexturize and reveal a brighter complexion.
*ANTI-DARK SPOT HELIX: infused with medical-grade
L-Aspartic Acid shown to help fade visible dark spots. IN JUST 3 DAYS.

This is how several blogs and websites describe it:

Dual formula – Anti-Dark Spot Helix, formulated with injectable-grade L-Aspartic Acid (vitamin C) to help inhibit pigment production causing dark spots, and a Brightening Gel (glycolic acid) formulated to help remove dull skin cells that can add years to the look of skin.

Firstly do they assume we'll all be impressed by throwing around terms like “injectable grade”? (Obviously they must. Why else would they use it).
The only two products commonly *injected* are Botox or fillers like Restylane. Vitamin C is never injected. It's a topical treatment.

Second the two ingredients commonly used to fade pigmentation, discolouration and age spots are Vitamin C and Retinol. This contains neither.

What it DOES contain is L-Aspartic Acid (an amino acid variously described as a fragrance ingredient; hair conditioning agent; mild exfoliant; moisturizing ingredient).

More importantly what it DOESN'T contain is L-Ascorbic Acid (which is Vitamin C).

So not only have Avon been very duplicitous and deceptive in their formulation and their marketing of a product with a similar-sounding ingredient name, their cunning has convinced many women (judging by the many internet reviews) that this is actually diminishing their dark spots when it has absolutely nothing in it capable of doing so.

Avon even state that you may feel some “tingling” as your skin *acclimatizes*. (To what? The fragrance ingredient / hair conditioning agent / moisturiser?).

In promoting this product as lightening and brightening skin, removing dark spots and “enhancing luminosity” Avon are deliberately attempting to portray it as a Vitamin C treatment, which it clearly isn't.

The only ingredient it contains that WILL do some good is the Glycolic Acid (the "brightening gel") but the original asking price of this ($59.99 for 30mls) was an exorbitant price to pay for Glycolic Acid - an ingredient that more usually comes in quantities three times that for a third of the price.
(Pixi Glow Tonic for example - 100ml for $14.95).

Shifty and sneaky Avon.

Instead of devising ways to manipulate the consumer just make good, proven-effective products. Then you won't have to.

I decided to shop around for something new last payday because I was getting bored of this. I ended up with a Lush serum bar, which is fine, but I am missing this serum so much! I'll never stray again.

I've seen a lot of comments about how thick it is, but it does absorb well. The smell isn't my favourite, it's a bit like a dentist's room, but luckily it's very faint and quickly disappears. I use day and night under respective moisturisers and I'm cursing myself for giving up on it in this horrible wintery weather.

I've put 5 lippies for the price because there are lots of really great deals on ebay with this one, so try there rather than the Avon site.

I am using this at night in conjunction with the Reversalist Serum during the day and I am getting nice results. My skin is definitely more luminous since using this product and I am seeing slight fading of brown marks.

Most of the poor reviews are coming from the younger set. I can see where this would be too thick for someone in their 20's. I don't think I would have used it then either. But for someone in their 40's or up this works very nicely. I find it perfect for my drier skin which soaks it up. I have experienced no breakouts or other issues. continued >>

on 2/7/2012 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I Dont Like to Bring the good rating this stuff is super THICK
and greasy it made my skin crisco even do a apply pea size
I can feel heavy coat on my skin this irritated my skin NOT good for sensitive skin I feel good hydrating But it made my skin look super greasy I find it clog my Pores I love OLAY serum fragrance free is way Better in price and Quality is was
waste money I gave to my sister I notice she doesnt used it too probably because it sucks.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my first stab at a review for this product, and will edit as I go along. I agree with commentors below who describe this as rather thick. I use on pump for my entire face, neck and decolletage. Most nights I use this after the Anew glycolic pads, and it feels hydrating, In the morning, without other night cream, I wake up with skin that is plump and slightly moist. I will come back and revisit in a few weeks when I can report on long term use, as I have only been using this about a week.

This has not caused my normal skin to break out, it feels and looks beautiful the next morning. I don't feel a need for an extra cream on top of this. This would definitely be HG material if it weren't dc'd. Which is annoying because when I took the skin text at the Avon website, this was rec'd to me very recently. *sigh*

I've been using this product for over a year now and I love it. When I first started using it I noticed it was very thick and didn't absorb fully into my skin I was concerned because my skin is usally oily and very acne prone but it was a little expensive so I decided to stick to it... in about 2 months I finished the bottle by then I could see a huge improvement in my skin.. my scars had deminished greatly, my skin was more smooth and even toned. I encourage anyone to try it. I'm now on my 6th bottle and love it. . The longer I use it the more I notice little imperfections are gone. .. because of this product I've completely stopped using foundation and concealers is that good...I will definitely continue buying it.

on 4/25/2011 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I got this in a kit. I hate to be lower the rating, but this is breaking me out. I eliminated this for a week in my routine, and my skin is back to normal again. I am 30 and starting to see signs of aging, but I dont know what to do, because this serum is almost full and I may give it to my neighbor. It does moisturize my skin really well therefore dont need a moisturizer afterwords.

on 4/21/2011 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have used this product for over 60 days (in the evening after washing face and after applying AHA pad and allowing that to dry and before moisturizers).

This products does deliver what it is advertised to do and that is 1. brighten/even skin tone 2. minimize the appearence of fine lines.

This is a serum that has the consistency of a silicone primer but just a tad thicker. The first few applications may sting a bit but I'm used to AHA pads and the sting is nothing compared to AHA.

NOTE: I only use half a pump at a time. I put one half of a pump on the back of my left hand and dab clean fingers into it and apply it to my neck and face in a thin layer. Very thin. Thin is the key here because too much product and it will sit on your face and may cause outbreaks.

I do like this product but it needs to be used sparingly and it needs to be used at least a month and half daily before results are seen.

on 11/15/2011 1:48:00 AM

Two weeks using this product and I can really see a difference in my skin. My pores are smaller, little crease lines are minimized, and my skin is definitely brighter. I'm a fan! I've been pairing it with my usual Olay Regenerist and they seem to make a good pair. I did get two pimples using this, and I don't usually break out, so I suspect this might be the culprit, but it is possible I used too much. A little goes a long way.