Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Matte Lip Tint in Exposed

No Image

4.2

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've loved this Lipsurgence since I received it as a gift at Christmas in 2011. In fact, I still have that old tube. I just ran out and had to purchase the new LipLingerie. I read a LOT of reviews critical of the new LipLingerie and am here to tell you, they are on par. Anyone who really feels that there is a drastic difference in color or other properties forgot what the Lipsurgence looked like. I swatched them side by side and they are identical. I will say the LipLingerie is slightly less matte than the Lipsurgence, and slightly more pigmented (although the Lipsurgence is also years old). This is a great lip product I will continue to purchase and repurchase.

on 1/4/2016 9:35:00 AM

Ugh you guys, I have about 37 reallllly close dupes for this color but I bought it anyway. Because it's basically perfect. Exposed is not a nude on me, but rather a MLBB+ (just made this up, the + means it also offers something extra I guess). It's a browny rose that looks warm, almost terracotta in some lights, but also has mauve tones that seem to balance out the warmth. AKA it is almost truly neutral on my cool-ish, light-ish, olive-ish skin. It's a modest shade that is perfect for work yet can definitely be worn into night. It has some edge and is surprisingly sexy.

So yeah I bought it because I clearly love shades in this color family but also because the formula is amazing. These Tarte matte pencils, and I know you don't want to hear this because they are $24, are simply vastly superior to the drugstore dupes. It GLIDES on, feels like silk, the pencil tip perfectly defines, it lasts for hours comfortably and fades evenly. It is definitely matte but, and call me crazy, seems to have the same kind of effect on the lips as a matte-yet-illuminating foundation does on skin. It's a plush effect, which is rare with matte lipsticks. Doesn't emphasize flakes or lines. Has a slight minty tingle and scent. A light layer of balm before application is a must.

I also have the shade Envy and it is just as great. This whole line is highly recommended.

on 12/29/2015 9:41:00 PM

I cannot rave about this lip crayon enough. Fair warning though, while I would say this colour is in the nude/neutral family, it is definitely not a fleshy coloured nude on me. It is more of a mauve leaning brown with terracotta in there as well.

This is easily the most comfortable matte lip product I have ever worn. It felt like there was nothing on my lips. It does have a minty smell and mild minty feeling on the lips, but this dies down after a few minutes of wear. It is velvety and smooth to apply, and has a completely matte finish. It wears for a long time, through food and drinking, and because the product does not stick to the lips it wears off evenly and subtly. It has never been drying on my naturally dry lips, and had never flaked, split or pooled.

This is easily one of my favourite lip products and I get compliments and questions about where to buy it every time I have worn it.

on 4/9/2015 10:12:00 AM

This is the perfect pinky MLBB color for me - it's a very natural shade and it makes me look well-rested and healthy, something having 3 kids under the age of 8 doesn't usually allow.

The lipcolor itself is pretty thick and goes on heavy - I use a clear or very light natural pink gloss over it to make it look more natural and not be so gloopy. I would guess it has to do with the natural ingredients but it really doesn't bother me. Slight mint scent and tingle on application.

The lipcolor swivels up so not wasted product with a sharpener, either.

I really love it!

Perfect MLBB shade. INSTANT holy grail status. I just apply a nice balm (the Matte Lip Tints are so matte that they require some sort of balm or creamy lippie so that they will spread on the lips properly) and then I have really nice natural-looking lips that are defined just enough. I actually ordered another after using it for about a week. This is my go-to natural lippie. LOVE IT.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This was supposed to be nude, instead it is a terracotta color on me. It does look nice with the right makeup, but it is super hard to match up my makeup to something so warm.

on 11/4/2014 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think this lip tint is really a true lipstick. It's a pretty pink nude. It's too pink for me to wear as a nude lipstick, as I tend to prefer more brown nudes, but - here's why I love it - it makes a lovely lipliner under just about any color. It gives other lipsticks staying power, and, it keeps other colors true. I have a big issue with most lipsticks turning on me - must be weird body chemistry, but many brands turn pink or almost fuchsia on me. This product, when used under another lipstick, prevents that. Love!

I love this shade and I love almost everything Tarte has to offer. I do feel that this crayon is a bit too dry to wear as a lipstick. I use this crayon under the Lipsurgence glass in Exposed. It gives the gloss an extra boost of color and staying power.

on 8/1/2014 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this product is my all time absolute favorite lip product. i wear it everyday. if i over apply it, it can become drying but the color is the perfect nude for me. hg. ill always own it

on 3/3/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

absolutely obsessed with this product!! It's a matte lip tint, has a velvety texture and seems to plump the lips. Long wearing, beautiful nude color. Has a slight mint flavor it. I mix and blend it at times with lucky which is a light pink to give it more dimension. Love. Love. Love. Absolute must have!!!

Popular Lips Products