Ruby Kisses 24/7 Eye Shadow Magic Primer

Ruby Kisses 24/7 Eye Shadow Magic Primer
24/7 Eye Shadow Magic Primer

4.5

This stuff makes even the crappiest eyeshadow apply well. I love it! It's thin & has a slight tacky feel even after it dries. My tarte eyeshadow clung to it beautifully. The only downside in my opinion is the packaging. It's almost impossible to use all of the product because of the bottle design. But the formula itself is great!!! And for the price you can't beat it even if you do have to waste a little when you get to the bottom.

on 11/29/2016 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This eye primer does nothing for me.

on 11/1/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

It's marginally better than e.l.f.'s $2 eyeshadow primer but all in all, I still see moderate creasing and smudging of my eye makeup at the end of the day. Not rocker-chic messy either, just slightly tired girl who needs to wash her makeup off messy. Hah!

I can prevent this by pressing in translucent powder after it dries and /then/ applying on eyeshadow but that dampens the pigmentation somewhat. In retrospect, this is a nice budget option but for those whom price is no object, I'm a bigger advocate for NARS eyeshadow primer over this one.

on 6/6/2016 6:29:00 PM

Having done my eye-shadow religiously for years, my introduction to eye primers sent me reeling. I mean by that point I had gotten so used to hastily re-applying my shadow mid-day that such a product seemed like a false promise. Nevertheless, as a budding makeup enthusiast I did quite a bit of research. I first started out with the L'Oreal Magic De-Crease primer, which while a good product to get me used to primers, tended to cake up and didn't prolong my shadow enough to justify the onslaught of beige flakes. My search then took me to the higher end Urban Decay Potion primer that so many makeup artists promoted and raved about. Alas while my heart said yes, my wallet said no (the age old struggle strikes again). So imagine my delight when I discovered a product that was rated well enough, mimicked the charming design of UD's primer, and was much, much, cheaper.
This product held up incredibly well from the get go, probably even a bit too well. At one point I think I tried to wipe off a bit only to realize my eye makeup and I were in this for the long-haul. Seriously, I've never rated a product so high. And not only that but being the type of person to own way too many of the same thing (i.e foundation, mascara, concealer, ect.) It was proof of true love that my primer and I remained monogamous. I've even been swimming with this on, and while it doesn't promote being waterproof, it certainly kept my makeup more in place than it had any business being (surprisingly easy to wash off though). The formula feels a tad bit greasy but don't let that discourage you, this stuff means business. It did take me a couple times to get used to it, though truthfully that's probably a reflection on my own incompetence. Regardless, I've had the same tube and used it everyday for roughly five months now with no signs of stopping. Also thanks to a small sample of UD's primer I now know I'm not missing out on anything. Bottom Line: if you want to take your makeup game to the next level, or lock it firmly in place, Ruby Kisses is your go to!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

A little dab, and your eyeshadow will stay on All Day Long! It's amazing!! My greezy hooded eyes stay perfect the entire day, till I wash my makeup off at night. And it is Super Duper Cheap. LOVE!

My full makeup every day of the week routine is no longer in effect ,but for years it went on and I never relied on an eye shadow primer.At this time Florida's weather lets you get away with going ultra basic in your makeup,but when I go for a sultry or well kept full face I enjoy so much more resorting for an eye shadow primer,having found Ruby Kisses 💋 primer as my first one ever was a great hit.Without the tag of most talked about products it does a wonderful job of brightening and keeping your eyelid makeup fresh for hours in a row.

on 5/10/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Happened upon this at a beauty supply store for $5 and it is great! I was concerned the consistency was a bit thin, but it smooths on nicely and dries quickly. Eyeshadows go on nicely and stay put!
It's not a good practice, but my intricate, smoky look eye still looked great the next morning after falling asleep with this on.
This is a keeper so far!
EDIT** Forgot to mention the ingredients list is nearly identical to UDPP!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Its the end of the day and my eye shadow is still going strong. I took a nap, rubbed my eyes a couple times, and I am suffering from watery eyes and my make still hasn't budged.

The packaging is a cute hot pink tube like UDPP. You can find these at beauty supply stores that sells weaves. I paid 5 bucks for it which is so much better than the 12 bux for UDPP at Sephora. Why pay more when it does the same thing. Also I think this looks cuter in my makeup bag.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It arrived, everybody! It arrived!

This was sitting in my Amazon shopping basket for the longest time, because I'd seen some great reviews...and yes, part of me giggled at the shameless attempt to replicate UD's design.

(I mean seriously - UD must be just delighted....)

I do still love my NYX primer, and I love the Jumbo "milk" base even more. Because I'm using Jumbo more and more often I decided to try one more liquid-based primer to keep as a backup since NYX was almost empty.

The product is quite a bit more liquid-y than NYX, but don't let that dissuade you. It does what it is meant to do and it actually makes my eyeshadow stay put better than NYX.

I'm very glad to have another option available and it's very reasonably priced (I got it for a couple of dollars less than the NYX stuff)

This one stays in my "Oooooh yes, you can live here" drawer.

on 12/22/2015 11:45:00 AM

I have used the Urban Decay Primer Potion for quite a while. I recently decided to try the Ruby Kisses primer to compare the quality. I love it! It is identical to the much more expensive UDPP. Will continue to purchase this item and save my money.