Ruby Kisses 24/7 Eye Shadow Magic Primer

Ruby Kisses 24/7 Eye Shadow Magic Primer

4.8

on 6/6/2016 6:29:00 PM

Having done my eye-shadow religiously for years, my introduction to eye primers sent me reeling. I mean by that point I had gotten so used to hastily re-applying my shadow mid-day that such a product seemed like a false promise. Nevertheless, as a budding makeup enthusiast I did quite a bit of research. I first started out with the L'Oreal Magic De-Crease primer, which while a good product to get me used to primers, tended to cake up and didn't prolong my shadow enough to justify the onslaught of beige flakes. My search then took me to the higher end Urban Decay Potion primer that so many makeup artists promoted and raved about. Alas while my heart said yes, my wallet said no (the age old struggle strikes again). So imagine my delight when I discovered a product that was rated well enough, mimicked the charming design of UD's primer, and was much, much, cheaper.
This product held up incredibly well from the get go, probably even a bit too well. At one point I think I tried to wipe off a bit only to realize my eye makeup and I were in this for the long-haul. Seriously, I've never rated a product so high. And not only that but being the type of person to own way too many of the same thing (i.e foundation, mascara, concealer, ect.) It was proof of true love that my primer and I remained monogamous. I've even been swimming with this on, and while it doesn't promote being waterproof, it certainly kept my makeup more in place than it had any business being (surprisingly easy to wash off though). The formula feels a tad bit greasy but don't let that discourage you, this stuff means business. It did take me a couple times to get used to it, though truthfully that's probably a reflection on my own incompetence. Regardless, I've had the same tube and used it everyday for roughly five months now with no signs of stopping. Also thanks to a small sample of UD's primer I now know I'm not missing out on anything. Bottom Line: if you want to take your makeup game to the next level, or lock it firmly in place, Ruby Kisses is your go to!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

A little dab, and your eyeshadow will stay on All Day Long! It's amazing!! My greezy hooded eyes stay perfect the entire day, till I wash my makeup off at night. And it is Super Duper Cheap. LOVE!

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/22/2015 11:45:00 AM

I have used the Urban Decay Primer Potion for quite a while. I recently decided to try the Ruby Kisses primer to compare the quality. I love it! It is identical to the much more expensive UDPP. Will continue to purchase this item and save my money.

on 5/10/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Happened upon this at a beauty supply store for $5 and it is great! I was concerned the consistency was a bit thin, but it smooths on nicely and dries quickly. Eyeshadows go on nicely and stay put!
It's not a good practice, but my intricate, smoky look eye still looked great the next morning after falling asleep with this on.
This is a keeper so far!
EDIT** Forgot to mention the ingredients list is nearly identical to UDPP!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Its the end of the day and my eye shadow is still going strong. I took a nap, rubbed my eyes a couple times, and I am suffering from watery eyes and my make still hasn't budged.

The packaging is a cute hot pink tube like UDPP. You can find these at beauty supply stores that sells weaves. I paid 5 bucks for it which is so much better than the 12 bux for UDPP at Sephora. Why pay more when it does the same thing. Also I think this looks cuter in my makeup bag.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It arrived, everybody! It arrived!

This was sitting in my Amazon shopping basket for the longest time, because I'd seen some great reviews...and yes, part of me giggled at the shameless attempt to replicate UD's design.

(I mean seriously - UD must be just delighted....)

I do still love my NYX primer, and I love the Jumbo "milk" base even more. Because I'm using Jumbo more and more often I decided to try one more liquid-based primer to keep as a backup since NYX was almost empty.

The product is quite a bit more liquid-y than NYX, but don't let that dissuade you. It does what it is meant to do and it actually makes my eyeshadow stay put better than NYX.

I'm very glad to have another option available and it's very reasonably priced (I got it for a couple of dollars less than the NYX stuff)

This one stays in my "Oooooh yes, you can live here" drawer.

on 8/13/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is an awesome product for the price! Super cheap and worth far more! The texture of this is a bit more liquidy than UDPP, but the performance is about the same, that is, amazing! The packaging looks like how UDPP used to be packaged, in a wand tube. I use this every day and it keeps my eye shadow going strong. I buy this at a beauty supply store.

on 7/11/2014 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this eyelid primer because it helps my eye shadows stay all day long with no fading or creasing. This is a great product and I will continue to buy and I hope they never stop making it.

on 7/6/2014 12:22:00 PM

Sunday morning and Friday's NYX Iced Mocha shadow is still going strong. I'm old, lids are dry. Yes, it scares me, too.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Yes!!! Love this. Only 5 bucks from local beauty supply. Works just as good if not BETTER than most prestige brands. Will def be repurchasing.