Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Balm

3.8

on 6/12/2012 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is actually pretty nifty! Love the little brush too very handy and is more hygenic than putting you finger in. Definately would buy again, bought this in the pink colour think its pink cyrstal.

I wear it everyday in the morning and it keeps my lips super soft all day and the smell reminds me of another lipgloss i had but is no longer being made, so overall very moisturising, smells good, packaging is nice and neat and compact and is great if you are opting for a simple balm with a slight tint (note very slight!). I would recommend this product. Will buy again!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like another reviewer mentioned, this product is similar to L'Oreal's HIP Jelly Balms. I like that Revlon included a mini lip brush so that you don't have to dip your finger into the jar to apply it (but the brush is a little flimsy). I have 'Pink Crystal' which is a hot fuchsia pink. Although the colour looks super bright in the jar, it applies very sheer and just adds a slight pink tint to my lips. Unlike Revlon's Super Lustrous Lip-glosses, they don't give off the best shine since they are only lip-balms. The formula is not sticky and has a smooth consistency. They are quite moisturizing and have SPF 15. Best if you like sheer colours or else you might be disappointed.

on 7/13/2011 11:58:00 AM

Although I like the formula a lot, and the built-in brush actually works and is a nice touch, I have to take off 2 lippies for frostiness. I have the Peach Crystal shade, which looks like such a lovely sunny golden coral in the pot, but goes on with an almost blue-white frost that is not so pretty against my red hair and yellow skin. The actual balm has a lovely and not-overpowering watermelon scent, and a nice thick creamy texture that really stays put. It's not a gloss, for certain-- not shiny enough for that. But it would make a great tinted balm if it stayed more true-to-shade.

I still use this, but only on top of lipstick. On its own, it makes me look frostbitten!

on 6/17/2011 4:38:00 AM

this balm is super sheer, not really pigmented at all, feels good on the lips but a bit tacky. smells is good but fades away fast. adding a small mirror to the packaging would have been so much better.