REVLON Super Lustrous Lip Balm

REVLON Super Lustrous Lip Balm

4.7

on 11/13/2011 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is great lip gloss, I have this in Pink Crystal. I am a gloss junkie and this is one of my faves. I hate sticky lip gloss but this has a great texture. It stays put and is not too shimmery. It looks quite bright in the pot but isn't when you apply it. I really like the colour and the smell is delicious.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like another reviewer mentioned, this product is similar to L'Oreal's HIP Jelly Balms. I like that Revlon included a mini lip brush so that you don't have to dip your finger into the jar to apply it (but the brush is a little flimsy). I have 'Pink Crystal' which is a hot fuchsia pink. Although the colour looks super bright in the jar, it applies very sheer and just adds a slight pink tint to my lips. Unlike Revlon's Super Lustrous Lip-glosses, they don't give off the best shine since they are only lip-balms. The formula is not sticky and has a smooth consistency. They are quite moisturizing and have SPF 15. Best if you like sheer colours or else you might be disappointed.

on 4/30/2011 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I, too, love this balm! It makes me very happy to see there is a brush in the lid. No mess! It smells like watermelon candy but the fragrance is very light and slowly disappears as you wear it. The consistency is sort of thick but it's not sticky at all and it's very sheer. It lasted about 2 hours before I had to reapply. $8 is a bit more than I want to pay for lip balm but since it's LE, I figured I would splurge for the pink one and I'm glad I did. The only thing I would add is a mirror in the lid.