REVLON Super Lustrous Lip Balm

REVLON Super Lustrous Lip Balm

4.4

on 11/13/2011 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is great lip gloss, I have this in Pink Crystal. I am a gloss junkie and this is one of my faves. I hate sticky lip gloss but this has a great texture. It stays put and is not too shimmery. It looks quite bright in the pot but isn't when you apply it. I really like the colour and the smell is delicious.

I love this lip balm! First off, the packaging is adorable, i love the sleekness of it, and the little mini lip brush that fits inside the lid. Secondly, the smell is amazing! It smells just like watermelon jolly ranchers, yum!!! I got it in the shade pink crystal, and it really enhances my natural lip color, it adds a hint of color and shine and looks like my lips but better :).

on 7/13/2011 11:58:00 AM

Although I like the formula a lot, and the built-in brush actually works and is a nice touch, I have to take off 2 lippies for frostiness. I have the Peach Crystal shade, which looks like such a lovely sunny golden coral in the pot, but goes on with an almost blue-white frost that is not so pretty against my red hair and yellow skin. The actual balm has a lovely and not-overpowering watermelon scent, and a nice thick creamy texture that really stays put. It's not a gloss, for certain-- not shiny enough for that. But it would make a great tinted balm if it stayed more true-to-shade.

I still use this, but only on top of lipstick. On its own, it makes me look frostbitten!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought these balms in Peach Crystal and Pink Crystal. I have very lightly pigmented lips but they are always super chapped and dry. I love these balms a lot! I find them very moisturizing and I actually love the brush that comes with them. Even though it takes a few dips into the product to coat your lips with the brush, it still gives a nice smooth even application. These balms are sheer and could be a bit more pigmented but on my lips they do give a wash of coral and pink. I can't wait to go buy the blueish colored one! =D.

on 4/21/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

LOVE this lip balm! This new balm by Revlon came in 3 shades, and being the lip balm / gloss addict that I am, I bought all 3 shades. Clear Crystal, which looks like a sparkly light blue in the pot, goes on basically clear - but it's shiny. It reminds me of a limited edition lip gloss by Prescriptives called Tranquil that was around maybe 10 years ago or the JK Jemma Kidd for Target - Angelina Maxi Kiss Plumping Lipgloss. Pink Crystal looks super bright pink in the pot, but again, goes on sheer and is really a super juicy berry color on me, and perfect imo for Spring - and last - peach crystal - a tangerine color in the pot, yet a sheer wash on the lips. All are sheer, smell sweet like watermelon jolly ranchers, super balmly, yet glossy - they all have small flecks of shimmer in the pot - on the lips not so much. The lid of the pot holds a built-in brush which I thought would render itself useless but I actually like it. It's nice not to have to stick your finger in the gloss for a change and the brush is not bad quality at all.
Bottom line, these smell yummy and juicy in the pot, and look yummy and juicy on the lips! Bonus - It has SPF 15.