Philosophy Summer Grace

4.3

on 8/30/2016 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm not a fan of the Grace fragrance lines... with the exception of this one right here! This, to me, smells of coconut, toasted vanilla, bergamot, citrus, and beach. The minute I sprayed it in store I noted this was a dead ringer for Replica's Beach Walk, which is waaaaayyy more expensive (they also both have most of the same ingredients). This is not only a wonderful summer fragrance but an everyday one; its light but lovely; its also surprisingly complex (IMO) for such an inexpensive perfume. Its too bad this is a limited edition fragrance BC I get the feeling I will run through this quickly.

I noticed there are mixed reviews for this perfume, and I wonder if it has something to do with the variations which were released. The one I purchased today is named Pure Grace Summer and has a white label with a sort of sunburst design. There was another named Summer Grace with a label depicting florals on it, which I have seen sold online [Caveat I am not sure if the one with florals on it is even authentic as I have only seen it sold online]. My presumption is there could be a difference between these two... I purchased mine from Ulta and it smells fresh, clean, and has very good staying power.

I am impressed by the sort of casual sophistication of this scent, given the price point. I purchased the set which was Eau de Toilette 2 oz and Cleanser and moisturizer 8 oz for $54.00. If you see this limited ed. set, pick it up - you won't be disappointed!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I must have gotten a good one as my version has such a *pow! factor that even when I put another fragrance over it, it overpowers it!! I think that is great for it seems that the lasting power was a bit lacking for most people. Sometimes I try to mix fragrances just to see what happens...

My impression of this fragrance is that it is Gardenia and other white flowers and a bit of peach or something. If you like Gardenia you will love this.

on 3/26/2014 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I usually love Philosophy fragrances so I was excited to try this one. It smells nice, a lot like Ocean Dream, but it gave me a headache that lasted quite a while.

on 1/5/2014 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to like this soooo much. I kept trying it. I can barely smell anything and even when I use a lot. I smell faint flowers of some kind, but nothing that sticks out.
So disappointed because I love the idea of a "clean" smell and nothing obtrusive. None of the scents from Philosophy smell like anything to me. Maybe it's my chemistry or my nose isn't sensitive enough, not sure :( Personally I think it is overpriced for what it is.

I really like this fragrance. I have re-purchased it once because of how much I like it. I'm rubbish at choosing fragrances so if I like something I generally stick to it - this is floral but not TOO floral. But this fragrance has no lasting effect on me, it just won't hang around long enough. And the bottle, though lovely, is obviously very cheap to produce. So ... as much as I like it, for what it is it's too expensive. And I won't repurchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to purchase the small 'Amazing Grace' perfume and I kid you not, right when I would get half-way through the bottle, the pump would break. This happened twice... thank goodness for Sephora's awesome return policy... but by the second time I was over it. I still had the AG body butter... and I hate wearing fragrances alone. So I stumbled upon this and decided to pay the difference and give it a go.
I LOVE this... I love summer fragrances... and this is my favorite perfume, just amped up. It's still so pretty and super feminine, but it has a sexy summertime note that makes it so different. I still use the original AG lotion and just use this spray. Everytime I wear it I get compliments. The original AG is very mild... this one is a bit more noticeable and so far the bottle has not stopped working. I will continue to buy this as long as they make it.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this fragrance. It is a beautiful floral and it wears a little bit longer than Amazing Grace for me. I like both the Body lotion and the fragrance.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I almost missed this one. Philosophy product's packaging is very simple. I only tried this because of the title. I got a two day sample and I love this. The scent is so fresh and girly. I loved wearing it. I just wish it had more staying power. I will be purchasing this one.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Absolutely beautiful fragrance, perfect for summer! Its a very light, fresh and non-offencive smell so is perfect for every-day wear. I am a big fan of Philosophy products and I had to smell this when I found it in-store. I instantly fell in love with the pretty, feminine fragrance and simply had to buy. Even the bottle is elegant and simple and will look great on any girls dressing table. It does fade in a shorter amount of time that perhaps you would hope (as previous reviewers have mentioned), but to me this is not too much of an issue. The price is fair for the amount in comparison to other fragrances. Will definitely be buying the matching body lotion! Highly recommended :)

on 5/30/2012 8:42:00 AM

This perfume is perfect for me. I've been mulling over Philosophy scents for a while and the moment I smelled this one I was sold. It's so light and fresh, it's summer in a bottle. It fades on me a little but my boyfriend can smell it on me hours later so the fading is not that much of an issue.

Popular Fragrances