Zoya Jules

Zoya 'Jules'

4.3

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

BRUSH & APPLICATION:
The brush size is medium. Smooth application with little to no streaks. Jules applies well with just one to two coats depending on personal preference. I applied two coats and topped it off with Seche Vite with no grittiness whatsoever. Just nice and smooth. I did removed one lippie for Zoya availability. I wish Zoya was sold in most stores. I purchased this from my local Ulta.

POLISH:
I would describe this shade as a taupe shade with gold and silver glitter with a slight purple undertone. This shade would go well with both warm and cool skin tones. On my medium-tan skin tone, this is a nice shade for spring. I have yet to wear it on my toes. The consistency is a bit runny, but don't be fooled, the first coat applied is not sheer at all. It is quite shimmery when applied with one coat. With two coats, it's more opaque.

WEARABILITY:
I wore Jules for about four days before I had my first chip. I wore this with a base and top coat.

REMOVAL:
I would suggest using 100 percent pure acetone to remove the glittery polish. Just make sure you wash your hands and moisturize immediately upon removal.

OVERALL:
I'm kind of on the fence with this color. I like the the polish overall. I'm just not sure if this suits my cool, tan skin tone. I have yet to try different types of polishes from Zoya. I probably wouldn't purchase this shade again.

on 4/20/2011 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I got this polish in a mini size with my April 2011 Birchbox. I thought it was the most boring one of the collection, but surprisingly, I like it! It's not your average metallic nude champagne polish. It's an antique gold shade with almost a gray undertone, that is much edgier than you would think from just looking at the bottle. Very chic and not 'old lady' at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Jules girl, I love you!

As many people have said, Jules is a champagne with a bit of a darker twist to it! I think it is a very unique metallic and really looks super chic on all nail lengths! Application for me with Jules was very good, the polish stays right where you place it and it isnt goopy or runny either. I got some minor tip wear after about 2 days, but didnt have any major chips when I took it off which was about 4 days in. Pretty much, just an awesome polish overall! The only area of concern I think anyone would have with this polish would be how it goes with your skin tone....

on 4/24/2011 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm wearing this right now and really like the color. Kind of champagne with slight gold and beige. Not over the top gold, but not so muted that you don't notice it. My manicurist loved it, and two woman at the salon asked if they could borrow it to you use on their nails too. This is my fourth bottle of Zoya, and so far all have applied evenly and worn well. I have two coats on right now, and I may apply a third today to see how it looks with increased depth. I think this would look great layered over other colors as well. I agree with the other reviewer who said that the only issue might be is how it works with one's skin tone. I am very fair, so I'm going to try it after I've applied self-tanner and see how it looks.

on 5/22/2011 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One coat and go! This color is gorgeous I would say its like an antique gold color.

on 5/30/2011 5:30:00 AM

I didn't think that I would like this, but I got a free .25 sample in my birchbox. Once I put it on, I fell in love. It's a nice every day color and it goes with pretty much everything. I like that the glitter is fine and it doesn't leave a chunky glitter feeling on your nail.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love Zoya Jules. I have had many Zoya polishes, and have a love-hate relationship with them. I love the bottle, the formula, application, but the colors are too much or too little, overdone or underdone; it seems that it is harder to hit a "just right" color for me by Zoya..

But Jules is it! It is just right, and much much more. It is a unique color, a gold neutral. It is not something you can easily imagine you want on your nails, but when you see it, you say "aha!". It combines my love of neutrals and of metallics, but it is a great color for every day. It has enough interest and beauty and just the right amount of sparkle; but it is not boring and I don't have anything else like it. I am thinking it will look very s-xy on toes too.

This is a soft gold polish. This is an extremely wearable gold without it being like holy gold nails! This is sheer so it needs 3 coats but the formula is really nice and it drys quickly.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the most gorgeous taupey/goldy/medium champagne color. It's so unique the moment I saw it I knew I had to have it. It doesn't look like the most flattering color in the bottle, but I really love wearing it on my nails---it's actually really flattering and perfect for the fall. i am nc25ish and really liked the effect on my skin tone.
I'm also really impressed with the wear time. I had it on for an entire 6 days without any chipping--amazing. i am new to zoya, but they are definitely becoming my favorite polishes ever.

on 11/3/2011 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I knew I had to buy this as soon as I laid eyes on it. Jules is really nice! A taupe-champagne with golden shimmer, and it applied very nicely! I only needed 2 coats to get it to look perfect, but I will have to update this after I see how long it lasts before it starts chipping. So far, I have not had great luck with Zoya polishes and the wear time... but everything deserves a chance, so maybe this one will work for me. The color is also very flattering on my skin tone (light olive).

Popular Polishes