Zoya Jules

Zoya Jules
Zoya 'Jules'

3.3

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a great neutral. Gray meets gold. Sort of the color of a shell. Something a little flashy, but totally work appropriate. I think its awesome for me since I like gray, but plain gray with my skin tone tends to look like dead hands. Add the flash of gold and magic!

I thought application was about on par with most of Zoya's shimmers. It wasn't as runny as some other brands, but it did not need any thinner. It made it easy to not flood my cuticles.

on 12/12/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Jules is such a cameleon color on my NC25 skintone. Its a neutral shimmery earthy gold-taupe overall....antique golden pewter maybe? In different lighting situations it can look warm, cool, gold, grey, or beige lol! At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but after a day on my nails I was in love :) Least to say its a very unique shade. I thought the formula was fine and you get full coverage in two coats.

Maybe I got a bad bottle, but my Jules is thick and gloppy. It's nearly impossible to do one coat evenly or thinly, and it separates, bubbles and pulls on subsequent coats. Then it chips off within a day. This is the only Zoya shimmer I own, so I wonder if the formula was poor.

The color is gorgeous and unique, but not flattering against my skintone (NW/C20), either.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

BRUSH & APPLICATION:
The brush size is medium. Smooth application with little to no streaks. Jules applies well with just one to two coats depending on personal preference. I applied two coats and topped it off with Seche Vite with no grittiness whatsoever. Just nice and smooth. I did removed one lippie for Zoya availability. I wish Zoya was sold in most stores. I purchased this from my local Ulta.

POLISH:
I would describe this shade as a taupe shade with gold and silver glitter with a slight purple undertone. This shade would go well with both warm and cool skin tones. On my medium-tan skin tone, this is a nice shade for spring. I have yet to wear it on my toes. The consistency is a bit runny, but don't be fooled, the first coat applied is not sheer at all. It is quite shimmery when applied with one coat. With two coats, it's more opaque.

WEARABILITY:
I wore Jules for about four days before I had my first chip. I wore this with a base and top coat.

REMOVAL:
I would suggest using 100 percent pure acetone to remove the glittery polish. Just make sure you wash your hands and moisturize immediately upon removal.

OVERALL:
I'm kind of on the fence with this color. I like the the polish overall. I'm just not sure if this suits my cool, tan skin tone. I have yet to try different types of polishes from Zoya. I probably wouldn't purchase this shade again.

Popular Polishes