Passion Fruit (Maracuja) Oil

Passion Fruit (Maracuja) Oil

4.4

100% Pure cold-pressed passion fruit oil (maracuja oil)

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

It's been over a year that I've used this product. What compelled me to buy this was the Maracuja oil hype. I didn't want to spend so much on the Tarte version. So when I did some research I discovered that it was passion fruit oil. For the face I like this more than all the face oils I own other than coconut, and argon oil which I feel is better for extremely dry, or abused skin on tougher areas of the body, removing makeup. But this is so much lighter weight and absorbs so fast into the skin. Nothing irritating, not perfumes, reasonably priced, no fancy packaging (got mine off of ebay from a US seller $9). Sometimes I use this as a carrier oil to be used with essential oils, or thin down other carrier oils to get the perfect viscosity depending on my needs.

on 9/8/2016 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the GoW Organic/Odorless and recently began using it when a Rx topical caused an epic Perioral Dermatitis flare. Typically you're supposed to avoid putting anything on PD, but the itching/burning was unbearable so I had to throw caution to the wind. Calendula cream and Zinc Oxide ointment did absolutely nothing, and then I remembered that Passion Fruit Oil had anti-inflammatory and anti-itch properties so I mixed one drop with several spritzes of distilled water and spread it all over my face. Five minutes later, it was like angels singing -- the itching and burning had completely stopped and the rash looked much calmer. I've been doing this twice a day for 3 days now and my skin continues to calm down. The PD is still there, but definitely slowing down and starting to clear up.

Despite being filtered/odorless, it does have somewhat of a light nutty smell that lingers for a bit. Similar to but not nearly as strong as Argan oil. It's a medium weight/viscosity and does take about 5 or so minutes to completely sink in. Mixing it with a bit of water or hydrosol makes it much easier to spread and helps it sink in better. I have oily/dehydrated skin and find that it provides plenty of moisture without being astringent or too heavy. I'm also extremely clog prone and the PF hasn't contributed to the problem.

Oils are VERY "your mileage may vary," but I'd definitely recommend trying this one if you are prone to irritation/eczema. I have several other oils coming that I plan on trying since my skin simply doesn't tolerate commercial products anymore and Passion Fruit isn't ideal during the summer, but I will definitely be keeping it on hand for winter, mixing with lighter oils, and when irritation strikes.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/11/2016 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has been amazing for my dry, acne prone, sensitive skin. I don't use it straight, instead mixing a few drops into my moisturizer (currently Obagi Professional-C Peptide Complex) which gives it just the perfect amount of moisture for my skin. Considering how little I use I doubt I'm getting any other skin benefits than hydration that won't break me out, but it does that so SO well. For the record I use Ko & Humble brand, and have been very pleased with it.

on 5/21/2015 7:35:00 PM

I bought this when Tarte first introduced maracuja oil, but I wasn't interested in paying their price for the oil. I have dry/dehydrated cheeks, and I thought this would be good for them. It isn't moisturizing enough for me. I have even used a drop in my eye area (where the skin is very dry) and have not found this to be much help.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A fine oil for the face, light and not too greasy, but not very moisturizing. Emu oil is way better.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I haven't been able to find a moisturizer that is 100% natural and chemical-free and everything else irritates my skin, so I have been using this at night and it has actually done a really good job of balancing and moisturizing my skin. I don't like the idea of putting oil on my face and it feels wrong, but it is moisturizing!

Update:
I found a natural moisturizer that is WAY better, and I don't have to put oil on my face lol... its Amazonia COllagen Stimulus Firming Moisturizer, I'll review it when I have more time!

on 3/27/2014 7:06:00 PM

Oh my god. I only recently started using this stuff again and I had completely forgotten how amazing this stuff is!

My skin had been really dry and flaky lately and none of my moisturisers or oils seemed to help, no matter how often I applied them. I had completely forgotten I even had passion fruit oil, but thought I'd try it anyway.. But WOW.
I first used it as a night time moisturizer and woke up with amazing looking skin! It was hydrated and felt super soft and plump.

It's so nice and light. It also minimizes my blemishes (kind of makes hem disappear) and doesn't seem to clog my pores, I love this stuff!
Must say I've only tried the Oca Brazil brand, but it works like a charm.

I have been using maracuja oil for a couple of years now and I like it. So I tried finding a cheaper alternative to rhe Tarte. After researching and trying different brands I found out that not all oils are equal. Some (cheaper ones mostley)have residues on the bottom and those ones tend to havea stronger smell to it and also tends to clog my pores. The more expensive ones Tarte and Providencia cosmetics tend to have lighter smell and it has no residue. I found out that some oils go through a expensive filtering process which gets rid of the residues and what not. I personally did not see any improvement to my face using the Tarte oil but I used it becauae it made a good miosturizer.

on 1/31/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I tried Tarte's Maracuja oil (got it as a gift) and really loved the light texture and how quickly it absorbed without causing breakouts or turning me into a greaseball, but I'm not going to pay for the name when it's just plain old oil. I now use other brands (GoW, etc) and there is no difference in texture, feel or quality. It has become my favourite oil to add to my moisturiser or just alone overnight to keep my combination skin soft and balanced. It really reduces any redness, dryness or irritation from the cold weather, and gives my skin a gorgeous glow if I'm tired or after a long flight. I also have very sensitive skin and this does not bother me at all and has no scent (which often flares up my skin) and is much better than the majority of store-bought pre-mixed oils (ex: Clarins Lotus Oil) which contain irritating essential oils that my skin cannot tolerate.

I still occasionally use argan oil but it is heavier and I find it does not absorb as quickly, and makes my skin feel more greasy - so I reserve it for more extreme winter dryness or for use around the eyes only. If you have combination skin and are looking for a facial oil to try - passionfruit is great and I highly recommend it! Patch test and try samples first as always if you are breakout/clog-prone.

on 12/12/2013 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

THIS IS THE BOMB! I have been fiddling around with oils for a long time now, and can't believe how different this is! It is more serum-like than oily. It doesn't clog, it doesn't sting, it doesn't irritate! It's super cheap and I can use it all over myself! * happyface
*don't waste your money on the expensive T---e brand. I bought 500mls for about a tenth the price.