Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Enter Title

4.1

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 4%, Octisalate 4%, Octocrylene 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Trisiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Steareth-21, Nylon-12, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Ascorbic Acid

on 3/21/2017 2:33:00 PM

I enjoy this product a lot. I have sensitive, combination skin and have been looking for a daily moisturizer that doesn't irritate my face. I'm 29, and damaged my skin with tanning and smoking in my early and mid-20s, and I'm now seeing crows feet and forehead wrinkles.
So for about 2-3 months I have been applying this cream twice daily, and while I see no significant change in my fine lines and wrinkles, it leaves my skin feeling very soft and supple. I feel this product does more to prevent further wrinkles than it repairs, but maybe I'm not seeing the results because I look at my face daily.
I will continue to buy this product because of how nice it leaves my skin feeling, and it does a great job of not irritating or widening my complexion.

on 2/27/2017 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My current HG moisturizer has a retinoid in it but I was looking for a product with a higher concentration. I've had my eye on this for some time and finally decided to give it a try. After using it for about a week, I broke out with small cystic acne on my forehead. My forehead or cheeks are the test areas for new products - if I get a pimple in either of these areas, it's because of the product.

The product itself has a nice consistency - it's thin and light on the skin. There is no discernible scent. That said, it's not as moisturizing as I had hoped and of course, my skin hates it so back it Ulta it went. I shall with my HG Confidence in a Cream.

on 11/27/2016 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am in my 20s but I decided to give it a go because I have so many premature wrinkles and I never took care of my skin. The cream is good for the price. My skin feels smooth. But it is a bit drying and brings redness to the skin. But it goes away pretty soon. I haven't noticed any significant difference with the wrinkles but it's too early to tell

on 11/21/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for the past two weeks and have been very surprised with how well this works. Most products with sunscreen typically break out but this one has not. I also have sensitive skin and this has not irritated it at all. I do notice that my forehead looks a bit shinier than usual, but it is not too bad, sometimes I prefer my skin to look a bit glowy versus straight matte. If I want a matte finish I just touch up with powder midday. I also have noticed a significant improvement in my skin tone, texture and fine lines. This is the difference in my forehead lines and appearance after about two weeks of using this cream daily and my clarisonic: http://imgur.com/MhUZ8dC

on 7/24/2016 4:56:00 AM

How is this product only $20?!

Ok. I have been SEARCHING GIRL for months for a good moisturizer that has SPF, but also hyaluronic acid.
I have used Neutrogena Acne Moisturizer for years and I love the scent and clean feeling of it, but I don't have acne, so I needed a good switch.

I have failed a thousands times with Olay moisturizers that I end up giving away...

Finally, I kept seeing this stuff and I decided to try out. HOLY SHIT GIRLLLLLL

First of all, it smells like silky heaven. If there is a heaven, I'm sure it's silky and I'm even more sure that all the candles emit this scent throughout.

NOW, I've only just turned 23 last month, I don't technically NEED this gem, but preventative care is the best care, right?! If I had a mother, I'm sure that's what she would have told me.

I've only used this for one day, so why the hell am I making this review. Probably because I am so excited to have finally found my gem of a moisturizer to replace my previous one. I feel like I have graduated :)

It would be pretty difficult for this let me down, seeing as all I need is sun protection and moisturization, I don't yet have any wrinkles that need repairing.

I will come back in a month and spill the tea about how much I love this product. This seems like a good one. xo

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have purchased this 2 or 3 times already. So far, it's been my favorite moisturizer with SPF. I used to use Clinique's Super Defense Moisturizer, but after having children, I find that I can't spend as much on beauty products for myself. I have dehydrated, dry-combo skin. After turning 29, I started to get hormonal and cystic acne; so I have to be extra careful about what I put on my skin. A lot of moisturizers tend to clog up my pores and cause acne that I wouldn't be getting otherwise. Fortunately for me, Rapid Wrinkle Repair isn't one of them. When you apply it, it starts out looking oily, but your skin (or at least *mine*) absorbs it pretty nicely. When I wear makeup (usually liquid or cream, though occasionally I'll throw on something powdery), this actually helps with the application. In the Summer, it's usually moisturizing enough on its own. In the Winter, though, I have to apply a light moisturizer before applying this one...to help out my dehydrated skin. Plus, the extra moisture helps with the dry patches I tend to get in the Winter. Because it's not always moisturizing enough for *MY* skin, I gave it 4 lippies. That and because I feel like it's expensive (about $20 at my local Walmart). I guess it's good compared to the $45 I used to shell out for the Clinique moisturizer; but when you're on a tight budget, $20 is a lot for one product. The good thing is that it lasts a good while (about 3 months or so), when used once a day everyday. Also, I don't put this on my eyes because my eye area is already oily, and my eye liner tends to smudge and transfer. When I put this on my eyes in the past, it just made the smudging and transferring worse. Fortunately, the rest of my face doesn't get as oily.

on 10/22/2015 12:28:00 AM

I would probably buy it again. Enjoyed this product a lot, but I wouldn't say it's the best out there. The smell is nice and the texture is great, not thick and not greasy. It does what it's supposed to do, but didn't wow me. I'll probably keep looking for something as well.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Its a little pricey and I didn't notice much changes on my wrinkles, so I recommend using this with a stronger night formula. However, I Bought it again because I love the night cream and this keeps my skin protected while still giving me the benefits of a retinol cream during the day. Its pricey, so I always buy it on sale. Even on a sale, I pay $27, so I'll keep looking for a cheaper alternative.

I would totally recommend this to a friend.

on 1/1/2015 12:05:00 PM

I wanted to wait until I'd used the whole product, but it's been a week and I think that's enough. I've tried just about everything for skin care products, from Aveeno to Olay to Guerlain (that's some expensive stuff, right there - effective, but expensive) to Boots No. 7 to Algenist... I'm willing to try anything.
This is, so far, the best product I've found.
I turned 30 recently and right before that I treated myself to some skincare products from Sephora. The Algenist line was a little expensive for my taste but I figured, hey, I'm almost 30 - time to treat yourself, right? Start taking care of this. I also lost about 70 lbs in the past year so the elasticity in my face has diminished somewhat. I'm starting to notice wrinkles that haven't always been there.
Age? Possibly. Weight loss? Definitely.
Whatever the reason it was unacceptable. I was less than impressed with my purchase. I'll review those separately on their pages. So for Christmas one of my presents was a Walmart gift card. Yep, Walmart. I searched online for good skin care products with a decent price and found many great reviews for Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair. Retinol is apparently a great thing for aging skin so I figured I'd look into it.
I bought the night cream, day cream with SPF, and the eye cream for less than $60. I didn't get the serum but it's on my list for the next trip.
Now to specifics: My skin - fair, pretty sensitive, touch of rosacea, beginning to show signs of aging (slight wrinkles around the eyes, smile lines, etc.), not acne prone. Because my skin is sensitive I was hesitant to try it, but as soon as I got home I cleansed my face and slathered it on collarbone to hairline. Slight tingling, but I read that was to be expected. I took that as a sign it was working. No extra redness, no sensitivity. I figured I'd try it the next day, too. (Some websites recommend gradually introducing products with Retinol due to the drying effect.)
I've used it now for a week and I can already see a difference. My skin is SO much smoother, I can see the slight lines in my forehead beginning to disappear, and the smile lines aren't as noticeable (I mean, except for when I'm smiling, lol). My skin looks better now than it has in the past five years, I'd be willing to bet. This morning I used a brown sugar and honey scrub to gently slough off the slight dry patches caused by the Retinol (another side effect I read about and am starting to notice) and once again slathered on the day cream collarbone to hairline and topped it off with an SPF 50 (fair skin - cut me some slack). My skin looks amazing. The scrub did cause some redness, and there was a bit more tingling with I applied the moisturizer, but I had a worse reaction from the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and the rotating brushes you buy for facial cleansing. In 20 minutes the products were all absorbed and redness very much gone away. My skin stays hydrated throughout the day and my makeup goes on much better. The "flawless face" (after foundation, haha) we're all after is very much possible with these products. I'm going to go buy the serum ASAP. I'm hoping these products continue to be as effective as they are right now. I'm reviewing the eye cream and night cream separately but I will say I'm just as impressed with them as I am with the day cream. And I LOVE the fact that there's SPF.

on 12/29/2014 4:10:00 PM

I really really like this product, but I can't quite say I love it.

The great things about it are the level of sunscreen, the consistency (goes on smooth, non-greasy, no white residue) and it works well under make-up. After a few weeks of use, it hasn't broken me out and the packaging is rock solid.

However, it's just not... extraordinary. I haven't noticed any real 'wrinkle repair' or anti-aging benefits other than the SPF. Now, I'm in my late 20's and don't have a lot of wrinkles, but I was hoping to notice something above and beyond. I suspect the anti-aging ingredients aren't at a high enough level to make a difference. Also, I wish there was no fragrance. It doesn't smell particularly bad, kind of soap-like and fresh (my boyfriend smelled it on my face and asked if I had just had a shower). However, I'd rather just smell like myself! The price isn't terrible, but seeing as this moisturizer is pretty basic it seems a bit steep. I'd spend more on something if it was spectacular.

Despite this product's shortcomings, I can't deny that the great things about it ARE great. It's not easy to find a light, decently-formulated moisturizer with SPF that smells 'ok' and doesn't cause breakouts. Really, you don't NEED much more than that, I just WANT more than that. I feel like there must be a daytime moisturizer out there that can blow my mind! I'll keep looking for something extraordinary (and it'll likely cost more) but until I find it I would buy this again to tide me over.