Zoya Sooki

4.8

on 6/12/2016 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Sooki is a beautiful cool cherry red cream finish polish. It is bright and cheerful, perfect for wear anytime of the year. Sooki is the perfect name for this polish based on the TV show "True Blood". I can almost hear Vampire Bill whispering "Ahhhh...Sooki".

It has a bit of a jelly like texture. The consistency is perfect as with so many Zoya polishes. Sooki applies smoothly and is opaque with two coats.

This polish comes packaged in the standard Zoya polish bottle with the standard brush. Nothing revolutionary about the packaging but it works well.

Typically Zoya runs $10.00 per bottle. I purchased this one 2nd hand at a much reduced price. IMO Zoya polishes are worth $10.00 per bottle as they are high quality and generally long lasting. However, I typically wait for a sale to purchase. I definitely would repurchase Sooki.

I will update on wear and the staining factor in a few days.

UPDATE: Sooki let me down a bit with major chips the 2nd day of wear. No staining though.

on 6/12/2014 4:34:00 AM

I must be the only person who didn't love this. I am picky about my reds and this one just didn't make the cut.

There wasn't anything special about it to me at all. This may have been one of the plainest, boring-est reds I've ever tried. Very disappointing because this color seems to get so much love.

And I enjoy all the different varieties of reds- dark, bright, classic, vampy, etc.

No problems with application or wear, opaque in two coats.

Wasn't for me- wouldn't buy it again.

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/6/2014 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this red creme! I had both Sooki and America, but felt the coverage was better with this shade and gave America to a friend. It's almost opaque in one coat!

LOVE this red. It's perfect for cool toned people like me. The formula is amazing too... opaque with one thin coat. Couldn't ask for more. My boyfriend commented on how good it looks, and he never comments about my polish. Amazing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a hot summer red. I think it's just perfect for that time of year, and bikini season. If the shade was inspired by True Blood, I think they were spot on in choosing a bright cherry red. I can imagine the character Sooki putting this on her nails and toes and then going out at night.

on 5/11/2012 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I wake up in my make-up
Have you ever felt so used up as this?
It's all so sugarless
Hooker/Waitress/Model/Actress
Oh, just go nameless....

Whenever I wear this Zoya polish in Sooki, the lyrics from the above Hole song always pop into my head. That being said...

This is a great, quite neutral, cherry-red, somewhat blue-leaning pop of color that makes your toes go BANG! and your fingers go POW! It's relentlessly cheerful, more than a little bit trashy, and altogether awesome. It lasts FOR-ever on your toes with minimal touch ups, but be warned...no base coat will for very yellow toenails make (blech, I know).

It lasted about four days on my fingers with a base coat and top coat before showing some tip wear and a bit of chipping. My toenails...well...I am slightly ashamed to admit that I am so lazy as to have gone an entire month with only this color...but, it's so easy and goes with everythiiiing....

Take your time putting it on (messy cuticle work will scream "amateur!" if you don't) and this is a beautiful color that goes equally well with a little black dress or your favorite tank top/capri/flipflop outfit. As versatile as it gets. Lurve!

Fun, bright cherry red!! This is the perfect red I've been looking for for soooo long. One thing-- It's crazy super pigmented so make sure you have the time and patience to work with it and not wind up with a mess. I was actually a little nervous about smearing and staining but it applies well and I am incredibly pleased.

on 3/6/2012 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Beautiful, bright cherry red that leans just a bit blue-- but it's such a small lean, I'd feel comfortable saying that it's neutral. It has flawless application in just one coat, but I still do two because I'm convinced that it makes the color look just a touch fuller. Sooki flows over the nail easily with no streaks, no bubbles, just red. If you're looking for a daring, perky red, this is it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The closest to a one-coat polish I've ever encountered, and definitely the best zoya i've used yet. Sooki is a stunning shade of red--I really don't think pictures do justice to it. It's very flattering on my cool, slightly pale skin tone, but it's such a true red that any woman would be able to make this same claim. I have amassed quite a few red polishes in my stash, but I find sooki to be unique among them. As a side note, I am sincerely hoping someone asks me what polish I'm wearing one day just so I can answer "sooooookie" in a voice like bill from true blood...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My friend bought me this nail polish as a gift. I LOVE this red polish! The color is very bright, so if you are looking for a more subtle red, I would not by this. The formula is very good as well: opaque (I used 2 coats) and smooth. In addition, the polish looks very glossy on nails even without a topcoat.

Popular Polishes