Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

on 1/13/2018 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a good brush. It blends the product well, it's not harsh on the skin (it's very soft). The time needed for drying is average. It 's easier to pick up powder blushes than cream blushes with it, but other than that it blends them the same way. The only thing that it's a bit of a problem is that it's a bit too big, so it's easy to apply it on bigger area than you'd want to. But once you get used to it it's nolonger a problem.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this brush!
It's super soft. It grabs blush color really well and distributes it evenly. My blush looks well blended without any effort on my part.
I also love the fact that this brush stands up without any holders. Great design, great quality. HG!

What a soft brush! Yeah, I know, I repeat what everyone else already knows/said but I just can agree with them. It does not pick up too much product, plus you always can layer products. The end result always looks so good, like you spend a long time with blending, but in reality it's just a minutes. I like pink and so I like the design, of course. The brush can stand which is a huge bonus. All in all, I can say this is my HG brush and I already bought a backup. (Which is unnecessary, I know, but that shows how much I love this brush.)

on 9/17/2017 12:52:00 AM

I think at is point I can safely say I developed a love affair with Real Technique brushes. I used to buy only MAC brushes and now I feel so foolish spending all those money when RT brushes are way more affordable, sleeker looking and performs better.

I have been using my MAC blush brush for 15 years. It worked okay but it was big enough for my cheeks and for lesser quality blushes it can look a little patchy. The RT blush brush is larger and so fluffy and soft you can really control how much product you apply on your cheeks. Another plus is that the tips of the brush is white and his makes it so easy to see how much pigment you actually picked up.

Once again, worth every penny and just can't say enough good things about it. Go try it - you won't regret it!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This blush brush is a lot different than the traditional ones that I am used to, but I really like it. It's very soft and it actually picks up a ton of product, so the first time I used it I went a little overboard. However, since then I have gotten the hang of it. Instead of being rounded and slightly domed like most of the blush brushes out there, this one is long and tapered. I've found that the best way to use it is to tap the brush onto the blush at a 45 degree angle then apply it to the cheeks the same way; another way to explain this would be to say that I don't use the tip of the brush, but rather the side to apply blush to the cheeks. This gives a much more subtle, blended effect going up toward the temples that concentrates the pigment on the apples of the cheeks. In essence, I have to spend a lot less time blending my blush outwards to get the desired glowy, ombre-ish effect that I want. It is actually a genius design, though I would say there's a bit of a learning curve, especially if you are used to applying blush using the head of a domed round brush. Also, did I mention how freaking soft this thing is? I have a few other RT brushes for eyes and face and none of them are as soft as this guy is.

on 8/18/2017 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really don't reach for this brush much. I bought it to apply blush and that didn't really work. Then tried bronzer and that didn't really work either. Powder products go on rather patchy with this which is only natural since it's a synthetic brush but as it was advertised as super fluffy I wanted to give it a try. Well...no. I'm going to try it for liquid foundation but it might not be precise enough for that and I already have more great foundation brushes than I need.

So not really sure what to do with this. I also have the RT eye kit and except the eyebrow brush am not loving it. It was great at first, but once I got into MAC and Zoeva brushes I was like "oooh so that's what brushes are supposed to be like".

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So fluffy and soft! It applies blush beautifully in a diffused well blended way. The hot pink handle is really pretty and it never sheds.

I find this makes the perrrrfect bronzer brush. Its tapered but very soft & I've never had patchy bronzer since using it. I've had this brush for about a year and half now and I've never felt the need to look for something else to use because its that good.

on 7/25/2017 9:56:00 PM

I don't like this for blush. The brush is just too big for my face. I LOVE this as a bronzer brush! <3 The shape & size gives the perfect wash of bronzer. I use it to warm up my winter shade of IT Cosmetics foundation. (Since the next shade down is way too dark & they refuse to remedy the issue by adding a proper light shade.) When my foundation finally matches my summer skin, then I go in & contour, but yeah this brush is a great all over powder/bronzer brush.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been my blush brush for about 2 years. It's held up really well, even through the bajillions of washes it's gone through, and it hasn't shed one bit. I know some people think it's too big, but personally I don't mind the size. I feel like the domed fluffy shape provides a very natural application, regardless of the blush I'm using. That be said, is it the best blush brush I've ever used? Probably not, but for what it's worth I haven't felt the need to replace it with anything else. It's an affordable brush that works well imo.

Video Reviews & Tutorials