Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush
image 1image 2image 3

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is pretty much the only Real Techniques brush that I don't like. For me, it's too big to use for blush. I end up getting blush too high on my cheek bones underneath my eyes. I also find the application to be uneven and splotchy and I would end up with too much product on my face. This part could be user error, but needless to say I wouldn't repurchase. I've tried making this brush work with many different blushes and even tried it to powder my face but the shape doesn't work for that.

on 6/29/2016 3:23:00 AM

After getting the Core collection for my Morphe replacements, I needed a blush brush to complete my face brush set. I kinda messed up with the purchase of this brush because I failed to read any reviews beforehand. I bought the brush thinking it would be dense enough for my cheeks (I pat, not swipe). Unfortunately, using the brush the way it's supposed to be used only accentuated my uneven skin texture.

Do note that this isn't a bad review of the brush. It's still as soft as my other RT brushes and it feels like heaven on my skin. The bristles were just not suitable for me. And if your skin texture is as uneven as mine, please reconsider.

To Read all 276 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/12/2016 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For me, I think this brush is the best brush of RT. It's not dense and give me nice effect from applying powder blush (I have both compact blush and mmu blush) Easily wash off and dry quite fast because its bristles is not dense. The brush's shape is round and give me soft effect on my cheek. The bristles is softer than RT Powder brush. I recommend this brush for powder blush and powder hightlighter in large area (or you might use it as powder brush) Price is nice by the way.

Super inexpensive but it performs really well. The brush head is rather large and floppy but I find that it picks up product rather easy and applies it beautifully. My blush looks really nice and even, doesn't apply it blotchy. I also love using this to apply setting powder.

on 4/18/2016 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This brush picks up powder easily without having to rub against the product's pan - just one swipe picks up enough blush for both cheeks. Further, the domed shaped fluffy bristles distribute product evenly and flawlessly. My blush always looks natural and light handed after using this brush.

The low price makes it possible for me to have a separate Real Techniques blush brush for all powder types: one for blush, highlighter, bronzer, and setting powder. This tool works well for all powders!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok. So when I first started using this, I wasn't that impressed because I like my blush brushes more on the less...floppy side. So more dense and not necessarily super soft. And this brush is a lot floppier than my blush brushes and maybe a little too soft. However, I have tried using this brush on more pigmented shades that require a lighter hand and it works nicely. I don't have to worry I'm picking up too much. I also use dip the tip in and find that works nicely for a lighter contouring. I also like using it for a light dusting of powder, though I do have an different main powder brush. It's also nice for highlighter and blending. So it has a lot of different uses. So while I wouldn't use this as a main blush brush (just for really pigmented one), I like using it for all the other reasons.

on 4/3/2016 10:25:00 AM

Great brush for powdering the face. This blush over the (scratchy) Powder brush any day!
I'll use it to liberally bronze my face also.

Bought it in a pack with the sculpting brush and fan brush. Two thumbs up for this pack.

on 4/3/2016 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't really find I reach for this brush often. For me it's way to big to apply blush but I sometimes like to use it for bronzer for when I just want a light dusting. I find it applies the product quite sheerly.

on 3/24/2016 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am surprised that there are negative reviews about this brush. I bought it recently and I am very pleased with my purchase. It picks up the right amount of blush, it blends it easily onto the face, and it makes highly pigmented blushes, such as MAC Harmony, easy to work with. The bristles are very soft and easy to clean. No complaints. I would buy again if I had to. I most definitely recommend it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I lurve me some Real Techniques! I have the powder brush, the retractable bronzer brush, the beauty blender dupe sponge (orange 1), & this blush brush after I decided I was a) sick of my crappy Revlon brushes were shedding like madness b) my wetnwild brushes are "nice" for $2 but not big & proper fluffy c) I was sick of double dipping using same brush for bronzer/blusher/powder & I'd end up lopsided looking! Other than brushes from subbie boxes & half of a set of ancient Sonia Kashuk brushes these are IT baby! I like using this w the UD Gwen Stefani blush palette or TF those heart shaped compacts. The results are drastically better for me. Get this brush u won't be sorry nor regret splurging.

Popular Makeup Brushes