Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush
Blush BrushBlush BrushBlush Brush

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This a lovely brush, the bristles are very gentle on the skin and it does not shed when you wash it. It's also very reasonably priced at £10 and is overall a very pretty brush (if appearance is important to you). However, I don't think this is good for blusher. It's far too big and applies the product too to much of the face.

I do think this is an amazing powder brush though, that's how I use it and because it's duo fibre, it doesn't pack on too much product, avoiding a powdery, cakey looking face.

Overall, yes, I would recommend this, as a powder brush but no, I wouldn't recommend this as a blush brush. I think smaller blush brushes are better as you can get a more controlled application, something you can't achieve with this.

I agree with other reviewers that this brush doesn't work well for blush. It's just too big. That said, it is a very good powder brush and I use it for that. It applies just the right amount Chanel Double Perfection powder foundation.

on 2/9/2017 6:22:00 PM

I've read so many beauty bloggers who've "raved" about this brand being the next best thing to sigma. Have to disagree. This is a horrible brush. It fell apart on the first washing, not to mention the numerous horrid applications of product...Big Never Again Purchase for me.

on 2/9/2017 4:01:00 PM

I dont know if its only me. But my blush is patchy using this brush. I wasted money

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was confused when I opened the package and saw how large this is- seemed big for a blush brush. I use it for a highly pigmented blush- this brush gives me a wash of color and looks subtle. I like to use this brush for bronzer. The tapered head helps me place the product and it's a breeze to blend. For a synthetic brush, it's very soft. I am impressed with most of the RT brushes and this is no exception.

on 1/22/2017 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I loved this for a while but I agree with the below reviewer. It's not amazing with blush. Maybe when you first get it, it works great but after a few washes the bristles get a bit scratchy and it applies blush patchy and not perfectly even? I always find I have to go back in with my buffer brush to make sure everything is perfectly blended after I use this.

on 12/20/2016 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've had this for over a year and I just don't like it. Something about the shape makes it so I never get an even application of blush, and then I can't blend it out. I love my other RT brushes, but I'm retiring this one as soon as I find a better one.

on 12/20/2016 12:59:00 AM

This is so soft, I use this to apply blush, powder, bronzer...anything, the finish is so natural, besides, this one pick up products not that much, so it will not lead to heavy makeup look, cons is that you need to do several times to achive what you want

on 11/15/2016 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is affordable for most budget-conscious people and although it could be softer, the quality is better than some of the synthetic brushes I've tried from other brands. I recall a brush from Morphe and another from Bare Minerals that would shed profusely and had to be tossed after a few months. I am gentle when I clean brushes and dry them upside down, so my brushes rarely shed unless they are poorly made. I have some amazing brushes from Trish McEvoy that are more than fifteen years old that are in impeccable condition, but they were far more expensive than this. Real Techniques products tend to be good bargains.

PROS:

1) It’s cheap – 8.99.
2) It’s great for applying bronzer, especially to larger areas.
3) Can be used as a powder brush to set foundation with loose powder.
4) Easy to clean. Dries quickly.
5) Synthetic brushes are resistant to bacteria and cruelty free.
6) It never sheds.

CONS:

1) Despite the fact that it’s named the “Blush Brush,” it’s too big for me to use it as a blush brush. It should be called a bronzer brush.
2) Sometimes I wish it were softer. I have other brushes that are more luxurious than this (but naturally they cost more).

on 11/12/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This brush is huge! I can't use it for blush, which is disappointing because it's so cute. I will try to use it a different way with different products so I get some use out of it. I do intend to buy other brushes in this collection because I LOVE the color! The bristles are soft but they do get scratchy if I forget to add olive oil to the baby wash I use to wash my brushes with.

Popular Makeup Brushes