Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

on 11/15/2016 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is affordable for most budget-conscious people and although it could be softer, the quality is better than some of the synthetic brushes I've tried from other brands. I recall a brush from Morphe and another from Bare Minerals that would shed profusely and had to be tossed after a few months. I am gentle when I clean brushes and dry them upside down, so my brushes rarely shed unless they are poorly made. I have some amazing brushes from Trish McEvoy that are more than fifteen years old that are in impeccable condition, but they were far more expensive than this. Real Techniques products tend to be good bargains.

PROS:

1) It’s cheap – 8.99.
2) It’s great for applying bronzer, especially to larger areas.
3) Can be used as a powder brush to set foundation with loose powder.
4) Easy to clean. Dries quickly.
5) Synthetic brushes are resistant to bacteria and cruelty free.
6) It never sheds.

CONS:

1) Despite the fact that it’s named the “Blush Brush,” it’s too big for me to use it as a blush brush. It should be called a bronzer brush.
2) Sometimes I wish it were softer. I have other brushes that are more luxurious than this (but naturally they cost more).

on 11/12/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This brush is huge! I can't use it for blush, which is disappointing because it's so cute. I will try to use it a different way with different products so I get some use out of it. I do intend to buy other brushes in this collection because I LOVE the color! The bristles are soft but they do get scratchy if I forget to add olive oil to the baby wash I use to wash my brushes with.

To Read all 285 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/9/2016 11:23:00 PM

I adore this brush so much. I don't use it for blush often tho. I find it's perfect for applying bronzer, but it works well for very pigmented blushes too. This is a very fluffy blush that distributes powders beautifully. It's fairly large, the perfect for size for bronzing, Keeps my bronzer looking nice and diffused, not muddy. Also, helps me not to apply too much powder at once. I use this brush every time I apply bronzer now. It's replaced all other brushes for this purpose. I own two and plan to purchase more. I've experienced no shedding and the two I own are holding up very well after numerous washes. Give this brush a try, it's amazing!

on 11/9/2016 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I don't use this for blush I find it too large. I do use it as a setting brush though . I also use it to remove powder after I've baked my face .

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

My number 1 go to blush brush, it's soft and the white bristles really show you how much pigment you're picking up so you can control how much you apply and not overdo it, which being really pale and not liking clownish looking blush is a big deal for me. I only have one other specifically for blush brush and feel no need to get any others. This one performs like a high end expensive brush but for a fraction of the price. Couldn't ask for more.

on 10/20/2016 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a huge blush brush. The bristles are super soft and I love the tapered head. I don't generally wear blush since I have rosy cheeks. I bought this to use with my Guerlain Meteorites. It does a good enough job but I ended up getting a Hakuhodo B110 to use instead. The natural Goat (Sakoho) bristles do a much better job of picking up the product. I use this brush now for my pressed Double Wear Powder and it makes the application just beautiful. The tapered head gets into the areas around my nose with just enough product and the application is beautiful. I washed it at least seven times and it has not shed at all. I would say that I highly recommend this brush as it is beautiful and well made.

on 10/11/2016 1:30:00 AM

Blush brush. Love it!! Super soft. Great Quality!! I use it with the MAC and Nars blushes. Application is very natural. I was able to use my Ulta coupon to purchase this product. I will definitely purchase other brushes in this collection. Brush was ~$9, minus the 20% off. Great purchase.

on 10/6/2016 5:40:00 AM

A little bulky,, not so soft

I love how soft this brush is, it applies bronzer so easily. I love the sturdy handle, and it's so affordable and frequently on sale too. some of my powder brushes were starting to shed and I needed a new one so I saw this had a near perfect rating so I decided to get it I also will use to apply setting powder. easy to clean, very versatile, great price, soft touch.

You know I've had this brush for about 3 years or so so decided it was time to write a review.

I absolutely love this brush! I love powder blushes and this brush applies them like a dream.
Yes the brush is big but it's also tapered so only a some of it touches your skin. Yes it's fluffy but I like to apply my blush with a light hand and gently built it up especially when using a super bright blush (looking at you MAC Frankly Scarlet).

I use this brush by holding it near the end of the handle and lightly sweep the bristles against my cheek a few times. When I think I have enough I diffuse my cheeks with my MAC 187 brush (but any stippling/kabuki/buffing brush will do). Beautiful natural looking cheeks every time.

The brush picks up just enough product to do a few sweeps. Also I use powder blushes so can't comment on how it handles cream blushes. I've never had any problems with washing it or any issues with fraying or loose bristles.

I honestly can't remember how much I paid for it but RT brushes are reasonably priced and are often on offer in Boots/Superdrug in the UK.