Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush
Blush BrushBlush BrushBlush Brush

4.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This blush brush is a lot different than the traditional ones that I am used to, but I really like it. It's very soft and it actually picks up a ton of product, so the first time I used it I went a little overboard. However, since then I have gotten the hang of it. Instead of being rounded and slightly domed like most of the blush brushes out there, this one is long and tapered. I've found that the best way to use it is to tap the brush onto the blush at a 45 degree angle then apply it to the cheeks the same way; another way to explain this would be to say that I don't use the tip of the brush, but rather the side to apply blush to the cheeks. This gives a much more subtle, blended effect going up toward the temples that concentrates the pigment on the apples of the cheeks. In essence, I have to spend a lot less time blending my blush outwards to get the desired glowy, ombre-ish effect that I want. It is actually a genius design, though I would say there's a bit of a learning curve, especially if you are used to applying blush using the head of a domed round brush. Also, did I mention how freaking soft this thing is? I have a few other RT brushes for eyes and face and none of them are as soft as this guy is.

on 8/18/2017 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really don't reach for this brush much. I bought it to apply blush and that didn't really work. Then tried bronzer and that didn't really work either. Powder products go on rather patchy with this which is only natural since it's a synthetic brush but as it was advertised as super fluffy I wanted to give it a try. Well...no. I'm going to try it for liquid foundation but it might not be precise enough for that and I already have more great foundation brushes than I need.

So not really sure what to do with this. I also have the RT eye kit and except the eyebrow brush am not loving it. It was great at first, but once I got into MAC and Zoeva brushes I was like "oooh so that's what brushes are supposed to be like".

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So fluffy and soft! It applies blush beautifully in a diffused well blended way. The hot pink handle is really pretty and it never sheds.

I find this makes the perrrrfect bronzer brush. Its tapered but very soft & I've never had patchy bronzer since using it. I've had this brush for about a year and half now and I've never felt the need to look for something else to use because its that good.

on 7/25/2017 9:56:00 PM

I don't like this for blush. The brush is just too big for my face. I LOVE this as a bronzer brush! <3 The shape & size gives the perfect wash of bronzer. I use it to warm up my winter shade of IT Cosmetics foundation. (Since the next shade down is way too dark & they refuse to remedy the issue by adding a proper light shade.) When my foundation finally matches my summer skin, then I go in & contour, but yeah this brush is a great all over powder/bronzer brush.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been my blush brush for about 2 years. It's held up really well, even through the bajillions of washes it's gone through, and it hasn't shed one bit. I know some people think it's too big, but personally I don't mind the size. I feel like the domed fluffy shape provides a very natural application, regardless of the blush I'm using. That be said, is it the best blush brush I've ever used? Probably not, but for what it's worth I haven't felt the need to replace it with anything else. It's an affordable brush that works well imo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favourite multi-purpose brushes. It's soft, not too dense and never sheds when I wash it.

With bronzer, it gives a really smooth, blended and diffused look which means I never look too obviously bronzed or caked in colour. The size is perfect for getting all over the forehead and softly shading the cheeks. Too big for precise contour, however.

For blush, this borders too big but i really like a diffused, natural blushed look. I'm not super precise with blush, I concentrate most on the mid-cheekbone further back and then blend forward towards the nose. This helps me to never be caught looking like a clown. It's perfect for bright or deeper colours and helps sheer them out, but for lighter shades I go for more of a dense brush so some colour shows up.

For highlight, it's too big for my liking unless it's a very specific type of highlight. I use this for my elf illuminating palette powders as it helps smooth them all over the face lightly. For "real" highlighters I use the RT setting brush and it works amazingly.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite brush for blush application. It's excellent at diffusing pigmented blush on the cheek. It gives a natural, airbrushed finish.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I couldn't apply bronzer without this perfect brush.

on 5/31/2017 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG ALL REAL TECHNIQUE BRUSHES ARE TO DIE FOR! GREAT PRICE & SUPER SOFT! I CAN'T PUT THEM DOWN! THEY'RE EQUAL OR BETTER THAN ANY HIGH-END BRUSHES OUT THERE. I DID A REVIEW ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL GO CHECK IT OUT :) HERE'S THE LINK:

Video Reviews & Tutorials