NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan

on 7/10/2016 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of my favorite mauvey-pink lip creams, it's an everyday lip color I keep in my makeup bag at all times.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first googled Milan swatches, it seemed like the colour was different from person to person (this depending on the skin tone, of course). On me, it is a bright deep bubble gum pink. I love this shade so much now that it is spring - it goes with almost everything. I would totally buy this again.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/1/2016 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a medium bright pink. I chose this thinking it would look better than the Tokyo which is pale pink, but this one is far too bright and candy-coloured for me. I put Stockholm on top of Milan and the resulting shade is perfect. Stockholm alone is like a light beige-tan. Milan is bright bubble gum pink. Mixing them and then lining them with a mauve pencil gives a perfect look that is highly flattering.

I bought these 2 shades which I had not tried before because I am sure they are discontinuing the soft matte lip creams. So many shades are gone already and the new formulations such as Suede and Lingerie are probably taking their place. Because I love the consistency so much I am willing to blend the shades.

Update Jun 17/16: Milan over Maybelline Untainted Spice is a stunningly beautiful rosy pink. Much better than mixing two lip creams because it has more staying power with a lipstick underneath. Lately I got sick of reds all the time and experimented with nudes and pinks combined. This is the absolute best combination.

First of all, the price. I live in Europe where the price inflation drives up drugstore brands like maybelline and nyx to prices comparable to Mac - one nyx lipstick will usually set you back about 20 dollars, crazy ! But for some reason the smlc's are Only 10 dollars! These usually sell out pretty fast and there are usually just one or two colours in stock, so whenever I go into town I buy one, because I know it won't be there. When I bought this one there was no tester so I bought it assuming it would be a nude ish dusty rose, like the packaging. Well, when I opened it and put it on in the mirror, I was a bit shocked. It was a dark, moderately bright mauvey pink. It is a stunning color and really suits my skin however it looks nothing like the tube. I strongly advise you swatch before buying. I didn't really like the applicator, but the formula is great. Lasts 3-4 hours (which is a decent time), dries to a matte finish, is not drying and is light and comfortable on the lips, something I've noticed most liquid to matte lipsticks aren't. Smells amazing - this product is one of my fabourites

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Feels and smells like candy mousse on my lips. I love the texture and it doesn't look too patchy and uneven on my super dry lips. Gets sometimes a bit too dry after a while, but a little bit of lipbalm rescues me. I also love this shade, a darker pink but more dusty than bright neon. Affordable price for such great quality!

The texture of these are phenomenal! They are mousse-like and set to an almost nothing feel on your lips (the tiniest itsy bitsy bit sticky). There is no transfer once they set and they fade minimally over time so I would consider these long wear. The only issue is, full opacity isnt till 2-3 coats so I suppose the darker colors are not a good idea as excessive layering can lead to a cakey look. These are not heavy feeling like a lipstick or gloss but they aren't drying like other matte liquid lipsticks. Its like its own unique formula and a must try.

I am NC40 and regarding the color Milan, I can pull it off as long as I dont layer it to full opacity. The color on the tube is peach pink (nude almost) but it comes out far more blue toned/Lilac-ish (clashes with my yellow undertone skin if I wear it opaquely as it is quite bright). Sheerly it is complimenting and a soft pop of color. If you are lighter than NC35 this is a nice blue toned pink, anything darker than NC40 be aware this might get too Nicki Minaj looking. I dont regret my purchase however, I can make it work in indoor lighting in winters with a sheer coat. I just love the actual product and will definitely repurchase in other medium shades.

on 6/30/2015 10:17:00 PM

This is a perfect dark pink for my NC35-40 complexion. It not a nude pink like the outside of the packaging suggest, which is why I avoided this color when I saw it in stores. But its gorgeous, like bright mauvy pink. It is mlbb for me.

It lights up my face and its what I wear when I just want the right amount of color without being too loud about it. I can imagine on lighter skin tones it might be too bright.

Lasting power is around 3-4 hours for me. I love the texture of the lip creams, they don't feel like anything but they have amazing opacity.

My husband actually told me that this was my pink.

I would definitely repurchase.

on 6/30/2015 12:59:00 PM

meh....

like others said, the color of the tube is not true to the color of the actual lipstick. Its more of a in your face bright fusica than a nudey pink.

However i like NYX and this forumla, but the shades are hit or miss for me.

on 6/29/2015 10:13:00 PM

It is ok. In pics it looks like a sophisticated pink. On me...it turned into just another fuchsia type color. Not excited about it. I am nw20, deep soft winter.

on 3/21/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The lower than average rating is due to the fact that the color of the tube's exterior is not reflective of the color you actually end up with. I was thinking it would be more of a neutral pale mauve based on the packaging. Color is bit more of a true raspberry pink. Although the color works fine on me with my dark hair color & fair skin tone, it's still not what I expected and a bit too similar to other lip products I already own. Still, it does get high marks for ease of application, dries down pretty quickly, feels like you aren't wearing any lip product at all - so truly matte. Transferring is really minimal - color lasted pretty well through drinking a coffee and bottled water right up until lunch. And the price was great - on sale at CVS for under $4.