NYX Nude on Nude Palette (20 eyeshadow + 10 lip)

NYX Nude on Nude Palette (20 eyeshadow  + 10 lip)
Nude on Nude Palette (20 eyeshadow  + 10 lip)Profile Pic

3.7

on 3/25/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

this palette isnt one of nyx's best. the color pay off is just ok. some lighter shades come off chalky. the lip colors are sticky and sheer.

on 12/25/2015 7:03:00 PM

The color pay off for this palette isnt great so you have to put like an eyeshadow cream base to enhance the colors (primers can be used too but eyeshadow creams are better for this palette). It has a lot of mattes which i love (i prefer matte). I dont really use the lip products as i think that theyre unhygienic since theyre just out in the open so i cant really comment on that (but my sister loves it!). This eyeshadow palette is good for day to day makeup and not for formal events. All in all it was just a meh and okay product.

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

There are some shades which are more pigmented than the others. The lighter more matte shades are more harder to show up and color payoff. The lipsticks included are truly the winners here. They have a nice glossy finish and good amount of pigment that will show up even on darker colored lips.

For full photos/swatches you can visit here:

on 10/8/2014 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

The palette is worth every penny. They say the shadows are chalky and not pigmented enough. The product does its job well especially if you use primer and a good brush. It's a great palette for everyday use. For a makeup artist like me, I still prefer UD Naked palette on clients but for my daily eyeshadow routine on my self, the Nude on Nude is good enough.

on 5/6/2014 12:03:00 AM

This is a very easy, everyday eyeshadow palette for me. I love how effortless the colors are to wear, and how everything has something that easily matches. I know some will be disappointed how the color pay off isn't great, but for me it's nice because for a daily look I don't want anything heavy.I wish the shadows were a little less chalky though, that would be nice. It's a good idea to moisturize just a teeny bit before putting them on.
The lip drawer is fun, and I like swiping on the colors over my eos balm. I agree they look kind cheap and bad on their own, but if you try it over chapstick I think it looks so much better. It also makes the color lighter and I am a fan of that.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Blech. Returning this to HauteLook as it is truly horrible. The shimmery eyeshadows are SO cheap with overly-large multi-colored glitter, and the matte shades are chalky and awful-looking on my 43-year-old eyelids. There is not one lip color in the whole palette that I would ever wear - they all look cheap and tacky when applied. I have now officially learned my lesson when it comes to NYX palettes - I've had similar bad experiences in the past. Never again.

on 3/4/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Like many of us, I was choosing between NYX Nude on Nude palette and Urban Decay's Naked 2, and finally went for NYX as it has more eyeshadow colors (I wasn't that interested in the lip colors nor expected much from it, and I was wrong about that!). Still cannot compare it to Urban Decay's palette (never tried it), but I must say I love NYX Nude on Nude.

I'm quite happy with eyeshadows and especially about the fact that almost half of them are matte (I absolutely prefer matte colors for a day-time make-up). Good staying power, too (I always use eyeshadow primer though).

Lip glosses was a bigger surprise. More creamy and moisturizing than I expected. I can tell I won't be using all of those 10 colors, but I already have my one or two favorites.

The packaging is cute and quite small for a palette of so many colors (huge plus). The two applicators (one for eyeshadows and one for lips) are not enough and I'm using my own ones, but that's often a case with other paletts too, I guess, so I'm not really complaining about that.

on 2/21/2014 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

All the shadows were extremely chalky an not a lot of pigment. :(

on 2/10/2014 9:49:00 AM

I was contemplating on getting Urban Decay's Naked palette for the longest time and decided to walk into Sephora to purchase it. funnily, I was swayed to discount counter and saw this palette on sale. I was very surprised to see similar colours in it, with an extra bonus; a deck filled with 10 lip colours ! Score. I had to purchase it.

While this palette is very commonly compared to UD's Naked, it suffices with a range of neutral eye shadows which I can imagine to suit all kinds of skintones. The colours come in a range of very wearable shimmers to matte textures.

I've tried swatches of UD, which are extremely good quality eyeshadows I must say (highly pigmented, and has a buttery texture to it). Though I must admit NYX's quality is not comparable to UD's, however, it is good enough for everyday use. In fact, unless if peer closely or apply heavy makeup, I doubt there's discernible difference between the two (but i may be wrong, idk). Some of the shades can be a little powdery, and does not show very well on the eyes but they're good enough to be used alone or with other shades.

The lip colours turned out to be of good quality, all colours are creamy, pigmented, and is a great addition if you're looking to expand your lipstick collection

All in all, I reckon that NYX's palette is of good-enough quality and is excellent value for money. However, if you want a top-notch EXCELLENT quality eye shadow palette, then go for UD's one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I really like this product as most of the shadows and lip glosses are very pigmented. I like using the eyeshadows mainly for highlighting my inner corners and browbones. However, I find that the matte shadows are a little less pigmented than I had hoped. I got this product for a great price at 49RM (14.64 USD) so I feel that it was very much worth its price. I would definitely repurchase when it is on sale.