Antipodes Vanilla Pod Day Cream

Antipodes Vanilla Pod Day Cream
Enter Title

3.8

Aqua (water), Butyrosperum parkii (shea butter), Squalane (vegetable), Leptospermum scoparium mel (manuka honey), Persea gratissima (avocado oil), Macadamia ternifolia (macadamia oil), Rosa canina (rosehip oil), Glyceryl stearate, Ceteareth-20, Ceteareth-12, Cetearyl alcohol, Cetyl palmitate (natural source), Lecithin (vegetable), Tocopherol (vitamin e), Macropiper excelsum (kawakawa leaf), Vanilla planifolia (vanilla oil), Citrus nobilis (mandarin oil), Citrus grandis (grapefruit seed extract), Iodopropynyl butylcarbarmate, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this product. It's a super hydrating, thick cream that just smells divine. I'm not a big fan of fragrance but this cream doesn't irritate my skin at all. Will definitely repurchase.

I have been using Antipodes for the past three years. I think it is amazing. Lovely packaging, great smell, my skin absolutely loves this product. It just soaks it up and feels hydrated. I really believe that it has helped with the fine lines and dry spots that have started to appear.

on 1/31/2016 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This smells so nice and ingredients list seemed great for me, it is VERY moisturizing but in pretty sure this was too heavy and broke me out a bit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this and the avocado night cream after seeing Essiebutton raving about it, and i totally understand why she loved it so much!
It smells amazing, ingredients are amazing and it moisturizes my skin very well.
It is very lightweight and applies smoothly. Its a bit pricier on the official website so i purchase mine on feelunique.com and i think ots a very affordable moisturizer considering the size(2oz)
I just ordered my third jar of this and im just very glad that i have found the perfect cream for me!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I am a huge fan of the kiwi eye cream so i thought I would test out other antipodes items including the day and night cream. This cream is wonderful if you aren't planning to go out in the sun or ect. A perfect day cream for a lazy day round the house. It doesn't contain sunscreen so you might need to apply that separately if your plans include being out in the sun for more than a little while. It isn't nearly as thick as the night cream to me but if you think its too thick rub it in first, wash your hands, and wait five minutes and by then its usually settled in, leaving your skin soft natural and calm. Beautiful little containers that still last awhile and are so cute!

on 8/8/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I simply love this cream!

I actually find it bit too rich for some parts of my face, so I normally use it for the days I'm not putting make up on or as a night cream even. Although putting a lesser amount is also an option. It really hydrates well and smells bit odd yet amazing!

What I love the most about this product that it not only is natural, but also feels that way, it feels thick and dense, but not in this nivea sort of way :)

on 6/13/2014 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Stinky, irritating and expensive. Okay it's official, I hate scented face products! Even if it's essential oils. This cream (and it's night time counterpart) is quite disappointing. First of all my face looks and feels greasy when it's on, then my face becomes red and irritated, and then I start to develop acne. Natural isn't always better for you. The main moisturizing ingredient (shea butter) isn't the best for facial use because it has a tendency to cause acne (which it did) other than that there are a few beneficial ingredients blended with what smells like a ton of different fragrant oils. Although I no longer use solely natural products, I would recommend Trilogy products over Antipodes. As much as I like to support NZ products, this was a miss for me. Also this is jar packaged which unhygienic and destabilizes ingredients.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the first Antipodes product I bought. It's sold in Canada only at ebeauty.ca so I was so very excited as it comes all the way from New Zealand. The smell is amazing - my mom didn't like the smell as much but she doesn't like vanilla. It also has an earthy green/rainforest smell to it, too. This cream is very hydrating and my skin looked amazing the day after I used it too. I loved it so much I went ahead and ordered 2 more Antipodes products, lol.

on 4/18/2015 10:43:00 AM

This cream is very creamy and gentle. I have this product in the mini-size .5 oz. tube, which I find more hygienic than the other jar packaging. This cream has a pretty strong smell of vanilla, so if you do not like strong scents, beware. I find this cream to be a little on the greasy side during the day, but it layers fairly well underneath an SPF cream. This is an excellent choice for a night cream. I would repurchase this product because the ingredients are great and the cream does a good job of moisturizing year-round.

on 5/27/2015 7:25:00 PM

I am now on my second tub of this cream, so I liked it enough to repurchase it. I love natural and ethical skin care, and this range contains natural ingredients, organic and isn't tested on animals. It is a thick moisturiser so it does leave a thin sheen of oil on top of the skin, which is great for dry patches but not if your skin is oily. I have combination dry/acne prone skin which is a pain to deal with but found that this cream didn't break me out as long as I used only a very small amount on the specific dry areas of my face. The only thing I don't like is that as a day cream I would expect this to have SPF in it, especially since it's an Australian brand, but it doesn't which means means putting another layer on top of it, which I don't like to do as that encourages blemishes. It would also be better if it came in a pump bottle rather than pot for hygiene reasons. Although it is expensive, it lasts a long time as a little goes a long way. It also has a pleasant, natural vanilla scent which isn't overpowering.