e.l.f. Studio Angled Eyeliner brush

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

I made my own angled brush by bending an old Gwp NARS brush that I had lying around. It made application of my liquid liner so much easier but one day the part that I bent snapped off. I decided to treat myself to an already-made brush.

I think this works fine with gel eyeliner. But, with my extremely oily lids, mac Liquidlast and milani infinite liquid liners are the only thing that don't end up sliding off my face, so I really needed this brush for liquid. And for that, this brush pretty much sucks.

I can't seem to get the right amount of product into the brush. I might get like a dot of product on my face at a time and then when I start moving the brush around, the bristles will start erasing and dulling what I just did. It is good at depositing globs of liner, or eating up your product so you end up with some streaky light gray fade marks. As far as drawing on a nice black cat eye - it's not happening.

I have taped back together my makeshift NARS brush until I find something decent.

3 stars just because it is fine for gel.

This is probably the worst brush I've tried from ELF> Most of their brushes are A+... This one is terrible. The bristles are far too short and barely existent. You can make it work but it's a PITA. Honestly their $1 detail brush with the white handle makes a far better eyeliner brush than this thing. Luckily I got it on sale so it was just over $1... but it's just so confusing that this brush is so bad when all of their other brushes are phenomenal

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was in the market to buy an angled eyeliner brush to use with gel liners. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, or have to be hassled with returning an expensive brush. ELF to the rescue. My only other experience with ELF brush is the concealer brush with the white handle which I love for cleaning up my cuticles when I do my manicures. So I figured it's $3 so if I don't like it, I can just toss it out. Pleased with this brush. Only have used it a couple of times, as I don't wear eyeliner much, but I can apply the wing on my cat eye liner very easily with a very tapered end. At $3 it's a very nice brush, however anticipate poor longevity especially for those that would be using it daily.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this brush is good for the price. i bought it after my old eyeliner brush from ecotools finally bit the bullet (rip). i like the shape and the angle of the handle. the bristles do get a bit frazzled but ive found that they can be smoothed out fairly easily and they've never scratched my eyelid when lining my waterline, which ive had problems with with other eyeliner brushes. overall, you cant really beat a 3 dollar makeup brush and ill probably buy another when this one gives out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I think this brush loses a bit of its precision after the first few uses but I do like using it because I have huge eyelids so for me it works nicely.
The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't pick up a ton of gel product in its bristles so I do find myself going back and forth with it.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I wish I have checked the review here before my purchase. It is a good thing it doesn't cost much.

The brush has spread out after one use. with ELF product it is always a hit or miss. This is definitely a miss.

I'm going to give this brush a bad review. It is going to seem like everything is wrong with this, but it's not so much pure hatred as it is the fact that I want to explain exactly where the problem lies with this brush.

My main problem with this is the bulky ferrule that makes it very hard to actually see what I'm doing. You can not lay the bristles of this brush flat agains your skin because of this awkward ferrule.

I have one of these liner brushes with the bent tip from Coastal Scents (bought it ages ago, don't remember the name), and it is by no means perfect, but that one has a nice thin ferrule and handle, and it makes a world of difference in making wings on my eyeliner and actually seeing what I'm doing!!

Also it's not very dense, which you would think is great because it's supposed to be thin, but it makes it very hard to apply gel liner. It can't hold enough product so either you apply a good amount of liner that dispenses in a clump on one place or you dip this brush 30 times to do one eye.

The bristles are very short and not very structured/stiff so it is kind of flimsy. The bristles fan out and make a thicker line than I want, and because bristles are sparse it can also get streaky.

And lastly, over time this frays out like crazy. It's so bad that even thick gel liner can't seem to "taper" the tip together. This problem is probably partly due to the way it has to be used (at almost a 90 degree angle on the skin) I can't really fix this by cutting away any of it because if the bristles becomes any shorter the ferrule will touch down on my lid no matter how I use this.

Now that I have drenched this in negative feedback, I have to say I actually can find use for this, but it is limited. I can use it with liquid liner. It is kind of useless because most my liquid liners have their own brushes that are much more convenient to use. The problem is still like I mentioned that I'm having a hard time making my liner very thin like I like, because of the fraying. And of course winging my liner is not an option with this.

All in all I don't recommend buing this. I am very certain you don't have to blow you budget to find a better alternative than this.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite eyeliner brush to use with gel liner!! I get a perfect cat eye wing everytime. The super pointy tip makes it very easy to draw straight lines and also makes it easy to do your liner as thick or thin as you'd like. It's very precise. I love it.

I have a couple of these brushes & I love them for applying elf creme black eyeliner. You can get a lot thinner more precise line with this type of brush than the slant angle brushes. Only $3! Elf makes lovely brushes esp the kind with the black handles. These are basically the only eyeliner brushes I use for creme or gel eyeliner.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The bristles splay out! I even tried to trim them a few times see I could get them to a reasonable point but that didn't work either. If you're trying to apply a thin line of gel eyeliner then do not bother buying this brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes