Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Color Stick

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Color Stick
RedJosie Maran Reds

3.5

Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil**, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Beeswax**, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter**, Copernica Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax**, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)**, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter**, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) Butter**, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)**, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil**, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil**, Leptospermum Petersonii**, (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil**, Menthol**, Tocopherol**, Ethylhexylglycerin**, Caprylyl Glycol (and) Phenoxyethanol (and) Hexylene Glycol** May Also Contain: Mica (CI 77019)**, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)**, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)**, Carmine (CI 75470)**, Blue

on 7/11/2016 11:30:00 PM

I love these! So far I have all matte/opaque shades except for Summer Lovin' which is a sheer nude with peach tones and shimmer. I also own another sheer one called Pink Peony without shimmer. The rest are more solid and matte without looking dry: Happy (natural place nude), Rosey (mauve), Love (sort of a light natural reddish mauve that is not bright at all), Voluptuous Violet (light violet but not bright either), & Spice (warm brownish tan nude). I have seen some bright colors such as Pink Picnic is a hot pink without shimmer I tried once. There's a lot of variety out there, but if the kits the rare colors were sold in were a while ago, they could be getting dry. So far, mine are all creamy so reviews complaining on texture those are old or they didn't keep using the inside cap. My only complaint is opening two caps to apply and wish they had developed the outer cap with the inner cap attached under it. Great as blush for half a day, they need a noon touch up. I love them as lips more, I don't like to wear lipstick all day, but I get full color and a balm texture that wears off "evenly", that's the best part, no rims left or migration. I highly recommend if you want something better than a lip butter. You can even use on eyes, I just use a touch blending out my crease but my lids are too oily. These are tasteless also, has an herbal scent that is light. Feels more moist than most lip products I've tried, too.

Updated to add the color Glow i just got in has larger sparkles along with fine shimmer. Glow is on the sheer side. It's a peachy soft red, perhaps coral. I dislike the distracting glitter flashes or it landing on a pore, or a lumpy part of my skin to draw notice there. I would not recommend Glow, but all others listed are five lippies

Pros: Lasts forever and nice color choices. Cons: really hard to blend, weird smell. I won't repurchase.

on 8/29/2015 7:17:00 AM

I have this product in several different colors. When I first got this product, I used it daily and was very satisfied with the results. Now that I have shopped around a little bit more (fastforward three years in the future), I think that a better cheek stick option would be Vapour Organic Beauty or W3ll People. They both have a creamier texture than the Josie Maran stick and apply better. Josie Maran's sticks are also shinier, which may be the look you are going for, but I prefer a more matte or a more subtle sheen for my blush.

The colors I have are:

-Coral: a bright pinky orange which is great for fair-skinned folks

-Happy: a medium pink which would compliment fair to medium skin tones

-Love: a medium pink with a tinge of coral, better for fair to medium skin tones

-Rosy: a deep reddish pink, definitely on the dark side, better for medium to dark skin tones

on 7/3/2015 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I personally don't like this product. My skin is dry, and blending this is a nightmare for me. Tried putting the bar directly on my fave, and also with a brush. Just don't like the texture or the color on my skin. I'm pale, so it looks like my cheeks are irritated, with a little sparkle thrown in.

I have this in Rosey and I adore the color of it and it blends beautifully into the skin. The price isn't too bad. I only have one complaint...it has a shimmer to it and it's not the look of it that bothers me but more so the texture. It isn't really smooth (on my face it is but not while in stick form). It's not a big deal just something you might want to consider.

on 5/21/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have this in Red, and Guava (a new shade that's similar to MAC Ramblin Rose), and I adore it. The stick is huge, and so color concentrated I can't begin to guess how long it will last. I use this on my lips and cheeks and it looks natural and pretty. The stick is quite convenient for carrying around with me as well. Compared to the Lip and Cheek Creamy Oil this lasts longer on my lips, but not as long on my cheeks. I mix and match anyways. I love Josie Maran's "reds" because the are pure red, without leaning toward pink, orange, or purple. This stick in Red adds a pop of energy and healthy flush to my face. Fantastic product.

on 12/15/2014 11:04:00 AM

I love the argan color stick because it blends so smoothly on my aging sundamaged skin. It is portable and lasts a long time. I have been happy with josies products thus far. I also find that it lasts on my skin. Some of the other cream type blushes i have tried disappear so quickly leaving me with no color. This just gives you a lovely natural glow that lasts and keeps me looking more youthful.

on 10/16/2014 4:15:00 AM

I use this product everyday for an effortless healthy look. On my cheeks it gives a natural wash of colour and a glowy highlight. Great blendability It's great on chapped lips as its hydrating as well. I also use this product on my eyelids for a wash of colour. Other pros include the smell and the price. As for the cons, I don't like the packaging, it looks cheap with that plastic cap with words scrawled over it. Won't say this is a very long lasting product either but you can easily take it with you anyway.

on 9/5/2014 2:30:00 PM

These color sticks probably the best value for blush I've seen among high-end brands--$22 for 0.5oz of product, whereas most blush products come in 0.3oz of product or less. The newer Argan Infinity Lip & Cheek Creamy Oil is the only other high-end blush I've seen that is also 0.5oz, but is $18 instead and of course different in formula (and probably better for dryer skin).

I purchased an Argan Color Stick in Peony way back and loved the color, the sheerness, and the how easy it was to blend, and that it was a product I could take on the go and not need any extra brushes or sponges--just a blend with my finger. This also has a strong herbal smell--which, against popular opinion, I actually like--but the smell is fleeting after application. I liked the product enough to purchase a set of 4 from Sephora that includes the colors Beautiful, Pink, Coral, and the highlighter shade Twinkle. The colors the sticks are offered in vary in finish. I don't find that this product is very buildable, but I like it that way because some colors, such as Beautiful (a plum purple) would be too bright and garish if not sheered out.

Despite this product containing argan oil and my skin being combination-oily, I didn't find that the product felt heavy at all on my skin throughout the day. I do find that I could use another application after 4 to 6 hours, depending on the season or humidity. It also feels a tiny bit sticky right after applying, so I remedy the tackiness with a light dusting of a powder blush. It kind of defeats the purpose of being a stand-alone product or product-on-the-go, but applying powder blush does extend the staying power and makes it feel more comfortable.

The packaging appears elegant, but I actually do find that it's a little on the chunky side considering that I do like taking my products in a small makeup bag. If the packaging were taller/slimmer like Clinique's Blushwear Cream Sticks, I think this would be more convenient to tote around. The stick twists up like a lipstick (which by the way, the color can be worn on the lips but I find the application a little clumsy because the stick's diameter is so wide, and they're not moisturizing enough for my dry lips). The twist-up part of it looks luxurious but it's just gold-plated plastic and the twisting mechanism does feel cheap loose (flick of the wrist will spin this like a spinning top!). The NYX Blush Sticks and Clinique Blushwear Cream Sticks have a sturdier twist-up mechanism that doesn't feel like it will break.

Underneath the cap is another air-tight, inner cap covering the actual stick to prevent the stick from drying out. I think it's a great addition, considering that I've had the minis for about a year and they still feel as creamy as when I first bought them. But unfortunately, my Peony shade recently dried out despite being covered, but Peony is an older shade so it could be possible that the product had finally gotten too old...! Oops.

Overall, I liked the Argan Color Sticks as they're versatile cream blushes/lip colors that make a great understatement when worn, and they're made with natural ingredients so aside from the price tag, I don't feel guilty wearing these. I do wish the stick was not as sticky, was taller, skinnier, and sturdier--then this would be my absolute favorite blush product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A different textural addition to my makeup kit. It is a very sheer colour which becomes a modern way to consider blush. It's soft but it's there. It's colour that seems to emanate from your skin instead of laying on top of it. As we get used to paring away foundation we also need to consider products that do the same for blush. This is modern; this is fresh. I picked up Rosey which is a muted pink, not quite dusty, which unlike any "multiple-use" product really does a good job on lips as well as cheeks. It has a very smooth application and the argan oil isn't greasy, slimey but rather glistening and moisturizing. It held up very well on a humid day and will be a welcome addition in the winter. Since there is so much unwarranted squawk about the scent, here it is: smells like Noxzema on application, which isnot offensive and dissipates in 3 seconds.

UPDATE: had to lower the rating. It doesn't last more than an hour so it is definitely not worth the cost.