3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 months ago

This mousse makes my hair look like new hair. Two to three times thicker. Noticeably so - so significant that people notice. I can’t even describe the difference it makes - from flat hair to Victoria’s Secret model hair. But that comes with a price. Like other reviewers mentioned - this product absolutely leaves a film on the hair. You will feel it in the hair especially at the roots. It makes the hair feel heavy. But how it looks - incredible. It will definitely leave a build up so a clarifying shampoo is a must. Another tip - just use a little bit. I have a ton of long, straight hair that goes to my belly button and I use only an egg size dollop max - usually even less than that.

About reviewer (271 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Left my already thin, fine hair lifeless and greasy looking with what seems like a film on it. Will not purchase again

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

I really love this mousse, but not the price. I have naturally curly hair that is below my shoulders. My curl pattern is spiral "ish", but not kinky. I love mousse's that provide hold and define my curls without being stiff or crunchy. I put this on lightly towel dried hair right out of the shower. I scrunch it in - then top it with a light hold gel( I use Paul Michelle's sculpting lotion). I let it air dry for about 5-10 minutes then I blow dry it on low as I scrunch it some more. I try not to touch my hair to much as it drys because this can leave it frizzy. If I do mess with it to much and it starts to frizz a little I use Biosilk Silk Therapy (VERY small amount) rub it between my palms then apply to smooth out frizzy areas. This is a great mousse and it works perfectly for my hair. I really notice a difference when I try to replace it. I will keep looking for something a little less expensive but until then I will use this.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesGreen

from

3 years ago

I realized after a few weeks that this was the culprit of all my forehead cystic acne! I couldn't figure it out but once I stopped the breakouts stopped. The acne was all over my hairline and along my forehead. :(

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3 years ago

I like it a lot. Volumizes and thickens my fine, shoulder length, slightly wavy, highlighted hair. Gives hair great shape and volume when I use this and a round brush while blow drying. Also looks good when I put some in and air dry. The can produces runny "flat mousse" toward the end...it ceases to create fluffy mousse as you reach the bottom. Smells great. A little overpriced but a great product for me.

About reviewer (133 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I loooooove this mousse. I've been using it daily for about a week. The only thing I don't like about it is the dispenser. An upright aerosol, whyyyy? I have a feeling I'm going to be desperately trying to get out like the last 1/4 of the can, when I get there. But other than that, this stuff straight up gives me Kate Middleton hair. I've been trying to achieve volume, body, control, AND softness when blowing out my fine, thin, flyaway-and-static-prone, balayage-highlighted hair. I used to have to combine a bunch of products, and I still didn't get the results I wanted, and my superfine hair would either be stiff/crunchy, or weighed down by hour 4 or 5 of the 'do, or both. I was a little skeptical of this mousse because of the bad reviews here, so I took note of the complaints and did a few things differently: 1. Shook the can a lot before dispensing. 2. Dispensed half of the "egg size" they recommend on the can. 3. Applied from the crown down, then just used my fingers to just barely rub any excess into the roots. 4. Blowdried with a big round brush. I agree that at first, your hair feels a little weird and filmy. Not weighed down, though. That first day, I was unsure if I liked it. I went ahead and curled the ends of my hair as usual and went to work. By noon, my hair is usually wilting. That day, at noon, my hair was still full of so much bounce and body, and the curls were still holding! I ran my fingers through my hair and it was like I had double the strands as usual. Day 2, I used it in the exact same way, and here's where I ran into the greasy/flat problem. My hair still looked nice all day, but not as good as the first day. Day 3, I used a clarifying shampoo instead of my regular shampoo, and BAM. Amazing hair. So, I think what's going on with this mousse is that you really need to be sure your hair is relatively low on buildup if you want to use it. Having clarified, I got three days of continuous use of the mousse before needing to clarify again. For the record, it wasn't just this mousse building up; I use the Split End Mender (amaaaaazing) and a thermal protector cream (just L'Oreal, nothing fancy), and sometimes a leave-in conditioner (Verb), on the daily. What I love most is that it somehow provides thickness, tons of body, AND control. I'm not constantly pushing flyaways out of my eyes anymore. And yes, it's expensive, but I use so little that I think it'll last a while. Kate Middleton hair. YAS

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I have to agree with most of the negative reviews for this mousse, will definitely not repurchase even if I would be paid to use it. My hair is very fine and is a bit longer than shoulder length. This mousse made my hair feel dirty, dull and somehow greasy, as if it had a film of some kind on it. As some reviews said, it also tangeled my hair badly and brushing through it while blow-drying was a challenge on its own!! I try washing my hair every 2nd day so it's not over processed with drying and styling, I will definitely have to wash it tomorrow morning as I don't have time to re-wash it right now after really trying my best to get some type of body in it. By looking at my hair it seems to have body but when you touch it it feels like cardboard and soooo unnatural, not what I was looking for. Will return it asap and just wish I would have bought the trial size first ????.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I can't count how many different mousse I have purchased in my life. However, I can say that the Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse is my favorite! I have naturally straight hair and attempting to curl my hair is a nightmare. While my hair is 90% dry I put in a hand full of mousse and brush it through my strands. I then use flexi-rods and wrap my hair as tight as I want. I wake up with extremely curly hair! My hair stays curly all day which is the best part about this product. I high recommend this to anyone, especially if you have straight hair!

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

5 years ago

Overall I really love the Living Proof range but I hated this product, I have tried about half a dozen products from this brand and this is the only one I dont like. I have longish, fine hair and although it did make my hair fuller, it also made it dull, lifeless and fluffy, I also stuggled with knots when brushing and blow drying. A big disappointment considering the other products are unbelievably amazing.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Kinky, Fine

5 years ago

Made my hair thick and sexy! Love the smell. A little goes a long way.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age25-29