Weleda Gentle Cleansing Milk

Filtered by hair type : Other
Weleda Gentle Cleansing Milk

4.5

Water, Sesame Seed Oil, Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Fragrance*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Witch Hazel Distillate, Iris Germanica Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*. *from natural essential oils

on 10/13/2013 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I like this but admit its not a do-it-all cleanser and as a result I only use this in the morning to wash my face but not at night to remove makeup/grime, etc. It has a creamy milky consistency and does leave a bit of film on the skin, but I don't mind because it adds to its moisturizing effect, which makes this perfect for the fall/winter months when my skin is drier than normal. There's a light herbal almost medicinal scent but that doesn't bother me. I'm not sure I'd repurchase, as this is pretty expensive and the packaging isn't the best. Other similar cream/non-foaming cleansers I enjoy are Boscia's soothing cleansing cream and DHC cleansing oil.

on 10/17/2012 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am on my 3rd bottle of this cleanser and I really like it. It leaves my skin feeeling clean, refreshed and happy (as in not dry, tight, bumpy, grainy or red). I seem to be breaking out less with this too because I think it cleanses without drying your skin. I have dryish, sensitive skin and now that I am almost mid-thirties my skin just doesnt seem to handle foaming cleansers anymore (even my cerave foaming wash was starting to dry and irritate) so I have switched exclusively to this. I use it morning and night. At night, I apply it to my dry face and really massage it in a few minutes to lift up makeup and grime. I get a baby wash cloth with hot (not piping hot) water and press to my face for about 30 seconds then use gentle downward motions to remove makeup. I keep going over my face till all makeup is removed. Since it has essential oils, I dont use it to remove eye makeup so I still use plain almond oil there. Then after removing makeup, I take a little more cleanser, massage into skin for a minute or so, and then splash it off with lukewarm water. This final step leaves me extra clean and leaves a light layer of moisture behind on my skin since I dont take it off with the hot wash cloth. Then I tone and put on my Weleda Almond cream and my skin is so happy and redness is reduced so I am happy :)