Weleda Gentle Cleansing Milk

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Weleda Gentle Cleansing Milk

Water, Sesame Seed Oil, Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Fragrance*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Witch Hazel Distillate, Iris Germanica Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*. *from natural essential oils

on 10/16/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm on my fourth bottle of Weleda's Gentle Cleansing Milk and have no plans to stop now- I love this stuff.

I have sensitive, oily skin, and some time back, I decided that I was going to start treating it differently. Instead of washing with a cleanser designed for oily skin, I started using this cleansing milk and following it up with the Weleda toner. For whatever reason, this seems to have made a very positive impact on my skin. The oil production seems to have decreased, possibly because I'm no longer stripping the oil away.

In any case, this cleanser leaves my skin soft and fresh. Over time, I've noticed a decrease in redness and fewer breakouts, as well. The product has a texture like a very thin lotion, and has a very pleasant and distinctive herbal smell. I pour out a nickel-sized portion onto my hands every morning and night, massage it into my face, let it sit for about 30 seconds, then rinse with warm water. The cleansing milk is especially effective when used in conjunction with Weleda's refining toner, but it highly recommended on its own, as well. Great stuff.

on 10/14/2011 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was on sale at Target for about $10 (orig.$19) which is pretty pricey for a cleanser that's only 3.4 fl oz but I heard good things about Weleda so decided to give it a try. Now this is formulated for people with normal/dry skin (I have sensitive/oily) but since it's getting cold where I live, I figured it would be okay. Verdict: I only use this at night because it leaves a slight film on my face which I actually like because I don't like putting a bunch of stuff on my face before I sleep (let your skin breathe!!!). Also, water doesn't really get the job done- what works for me is splashing my face with warm water, pouring a quarter size of cleaner in palm and massage all over face, then take a cotton ball or pad and wipe off cleanser. This method takes off all my makeup along with the cleanser so my skin feels clean but moisturized and comfortable. Overall I do like the formulation of the cleanser but the bottle is so bulky and you have to be careful pouring it out or you'll literally pour half the bottle down the sink! I would buy again at the sale price but def not for full price.