Weleda Gentle Cleansing Milk

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Weleda Gentle Cleansing Milk

3.3

Water, Sesame Seed Oil, Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Fragrance*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Witch Hazel Distillate, Iris Germanica Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*. *from natural essential oils

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am on my second bottle of this facewash, and I am obsessed. I have combo skin with mixed parts: oily in t zone, dry on cheeks.
You can read more about the benefits of cleansing your skin with an oil based cleanser elsewhere, but let me say it is the best change I have made for my skin. I use this cleanser mostly at night, but in the winter it it my day and night cleanser (because my skin is more dry).
I use the facewash three ways depending on my skin's needs, so it is super versatile.
1. I wet my face with warm water, and rub some between my hands and apply it to my face. Then I put a warm washcloth on my face and rest for a minute, then I rub the washcloth around and splash my face to rinse with water. This is my go to way of using it. Next up: toner, moisturizer. I wake up with glowing, non oily skin.
2. I can use this as a makeup remover first, then follow the steps above. I will rub it into my dry face and wipe off. This will remove stubborn eye makeup and that colorstay type of lipstick.
3. If I am feeling lazy or my skin is just dry, I will wet my face with warm water, rub the cleanser into my face and then wipe it off with a wet warm washcloth instead of splashing it with water. This leaves my skin very moisturized and I skip the toner and moisturizer.
Some other observations:
-the bottle is kind of expensive, but one will last me almost a year. So, totally worth it. I use about a nickel sized amount each time.
-the bottle is made of pretty blue glass that I admire each time I use it.
-the smell is absolutely divine. Now that I have been using it for so long, it just means "clean and relaxed" to me.

on 6/7/2013 1:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Since having a baby my skin has become dry, after years of struggling with oily, acne-prone and combination skin. I bought this cleanser at my local natural foods store on a whim, mostly because I have had good experiences with other Weleda products. After using this cleanser at night for a few months, I am not in love with it. The bottle is lovely to look at but as other reviewers have mentioned, the cleanser just pours out too fast, leading to waste. I have experimented with wetting my skin first, versus applying it to dry skin then rinsing, and I think I like the latter option. That leaves my slim feeling soft and refreshed. The scent is lovely and it has a nice milky consistency, although some may find it a tad strong, even medicinal. It could Be thicker. when I use it on wet skin I feel as if little actual cleansing is occurring. I don't like that you cannot use this on your eyes to wash off eye makeup; I just like a multitasking cleanser like my old Shu Uemura oil cleanser better. I think I'll stick with Weleda for body oils and hand cream but will not be purchasing this cleanser again.

"Gentle" is not a word I would use to describe this product. Left me with red hot cheeks for about an hour after cleansing.... and my face felt dryer than it had even before. The packaging again is problematic.. although the blue glass bottle looks nice on my shelf, having no pump makes it difficult to use and too much of the product pours out at once.
Definite disappointment.