Weleda Gentle Cleansing Milk

Filtered by age: 36-43
Weleda Gentle Cleansing Milk

3.0

1 review

Water, Sesame Seed Oil, Alcohol, Jojoba Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Fragrance*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Witch Hazel Distillate, Iris Germanica Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*. *from natural essential oils

As a brand, I like Weleda because many of the products are packaged in metal or glass, and I do not buy products packaged in plastic for environmental reasons. Also, since they are a European company, it's my perception the products are less likely to be unhealthy and full of potentially unsafe chemicals, due to stringent European product safety standards.

I had been using Dr. Hauschka Sothing Cleansing Milk (also packaged in glass and European) and wanted to try something similar. The Weleda cost a bit less per unit than the Dr. Hauschka, so I thought I'd try it it. Here's my take...

What I don't love about this cleanser, first and foremost, is the very strong fragrance. It's a heavy herbal/floral scent. When looking at it, I didn't notice that "fragrance" is the sixth ingredient on the product list. Even if it is a naturally derived fragrance, it's way too strong for my liking. Since it's an open bottle top, it also tends to pour out all at once, which is wasteful. I don't care for the somewhat thin consistency, either. It's a lot thinner than the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk.

I guess it's doing an OK job of cleansing my skin. I haven't had any issues since using it, and I do tend to have fairly sensitive skin. I don't wear much makeup (i.e., no foundation) but since it's so thin in consistency, somehow my perception is that it isn't really taking everything off at the end of the day. After using it, my skin feels fine, though, neither stripped nor filmy.

In the long run, I'll be going back to Dr. Hauschka.

Pros:
Packaged in blue glass
Realtively short ingredient list
Lower per unit cost than Dr. H

Cons:
Uncontrolled product dispensing
Very strong scent