3.2

price range

Reviews

2.0

6 months ago

Disliked the scent of this and it made my vision very foggy after use so I guess it doesn't rinse very clean. Not drying but not worth the money. I prefer an oil cleanser that will remove all makeup and not leave a residue. Would not repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

1.0

a year ago

Super thick..hard to spread on face.... For my super sensitive dehydrated skin I found it too drying/caused breakouts On the plus side, when you add water it does rinse clean and took off all my makeup way too pricey and it smells realllllllly bad

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

2 years ago

I'll admit I didn't love this product at first - it took me a while to get accustomed to using the oil. It's quite thick, and there's a bit of an art to using it. I use this as part of my double-cleanse; I use this first. I put some on my hands and rub them together to get the oil heated, then I apply to my face and rub it on rapidly, making sure I wash my entire face (including eyes). Then I start adding water and keep working with the oil, eventually with more and more water to rinse it off. After that, I follow up with my usual cleanser (La Roche Posay Toleriane), to clean everything off and eliminate any potential residue. It does a great job of removing all of my makeup, including my eye makeup. I'm hooked on this product now, and have re-purchased a few times.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

2 years ago

OMG I have always for some reason or another over looked this. I think it's because no one talks about it and there are so many to pick from. I just tried it and wow! I am a super fan of THICK textures and this is just that. This does need some water right off the bat or it doesn't smoothly blend due to how thick it is. It's stunning. It's not slippy and thin like so many others. When you mix it together it also gives a mild heating affect for a few seconds. It cleanses the skin beautifully. I would highly recommend. The scent is a really nice NATURAL citrus no perfume in this.

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

2 years ago

I have used many oil cleansers. This one is not only expensive at $32 for 6 oz, but it doesn't do what a cleansing oil needs to do. First of all, the texture is already a bit too thick. The scent is citrus-like to me. I usually don't mind scents, but this is strong and goes straight up my nose for an instant headache. I also don't like the way it works on the skin. To me, a good cleansing oil emulsifies and feels like it becomes one with your skin. This one sort of sits on top of the skin and doesn't give me that milky color that accompanies really great cleansing oils. When I wash it off, it doesn't take makeup off like a dream. I wipe my skin with a cotton round of micellar water and see plenty of foundation still on the cotton round. There are so many other cleansing oils and balms that are not only cheaper, but work like charm in comparison to this one. Banila Co Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm The Face Shop Rice Water Light Cleansing Oil DHC Deep Cleansing Oil The one I am using now is fantastic. It's called the Re:cipe Green Tea Cleansing Oil and was only $17. Don't overpay for a mediocre brand and buy things that work for a fraction of the cost!

About reviewer (222 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I like this cleanser. it leaves my skin feeling moisturized, clean and great. it is a little too thick but I can deal with that. the price is tough to swallow ... about $30

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

3 years ago

I really disliked this product. Here are my thoughts: Pros: used as a second cleanser, it leaves skin dealing clean. Removes any film left from first cleanse. Cons: where to begin...... As a morning cleanse, it leaves my skin tight, squeaky clean- bizarre for an oil cleanser. It's super thick and tough to rub in. It absolutely doesn't emulsify into a milk with water, just turns into watery oil. The fragrance is meh. And I matter how deliberate I apply and wipe off, it always gets on my lips and refuses to rinse off. It tastes god-awful. It also has a weird warning sensation that does nothing to improve the experience. I won't repurchase.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I bought this oil to wash my face as I already like the Josie Maran facial oil. This really helped with keeping my face moisturized after using too much retinol products. I think I'm hooked even though it's expensive.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I do love this oil. For a deluxe sized sample in a sample pack of some Josie Maran and fell in love, unfortunately the price point is high. I use this on dry skin as a first cleanser and it feels so wonderful on the skin. No discernible scent I can find memorable.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairRed

3 years ago

This was my first oil based cleaner and it took some getting used to. If I'm wearing makeup, I use it as part of a two step cleansing process and find that it works best for my oily/combination skin to apply as the first step. I use a few pumps, covering my entire face and eyes. I will usually allow the product to penetrate before taking a warm cloth/splashing cool water over my face for removal. This product doesn't typically remove my eye makeup alone. Also I often still use my Clarisonic in additional to cleanser after this to ensure all makeup is removed and for exfoliation. Although wasn't a fan of the packaging, I had leaking/spills multiple times even when using the lock on the top. Overall this is a great product. I love how natural this feels!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35