Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Cleansing Oil

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Cleansing Oil

3.2

Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polysorbate-80, Polysorbate-20, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Pomelo Grapefruit) Seed oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, (Antioxidant), Sucralose.

on 2/13/2017 12:49:00 PM

This was my first oil based cleaner and it took some getting used to. If I'm wearing makeup, I use it as part of a two step cleansing process and find that it works best for my oily/combination skin to apply as the first step. I use a few pumps, covering my entire face and eyes. I will usually allow the product to penetrate before taking a warm cloth/splashing cool water over my face for removal. This product doesn't typically remove my eye makeup alone. Also I often still use my Clarisonic in additional to cleanser after this to ensure all makeup is removed and for exfoliation. Although wasn't a fan of the packaging, I had leaking/spills multiple times even when using the lock on the top. Overall this is a great product. I love how natural this feels!

At first I hated this product! I had just finished my Burt's Bees Cleansing Oil and QVC had a Josie Maran gift set that included this product.

So here's the trick. Vigorously shake the bottle. Pump 2-3 times. Rub between your DRY hands and apply to your DRY face and start to emulsify your makeup. Take 2-3 minutes to allow for your makeup to breakdown, and then finally wipe away with a wet wash cloth.

I use waterproof mascara on occasion and this product does not remove it all the way, so I still must use an eye makeup remover. I also wear long wearing foundation a few days a week, and I see traces of it on my toner pads, but not in an amount that I would consider the product ineffective

I like this product. I don't think think it is my HG cleanser, but it is higher on the list than the CeraVe or Cetaphil cleansers that are nice on the skin but don't remove diddly.

I liked the Burt's bees but man...the smell was unpleasant. I do think it was a little bit better insofar as breaking down my makeup, but I believe the Josie Maran brand is a better quality. Definitely smells better that's for sure!

on 1/2/2017 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Im not sure why it's getting a 3.5 out of 5. I love this cleanser!!! Im super lazy when it comes to taking off makeup and all i do is just rub this on my face, massage, and rinse off. This even takes off my waterproof mascara (ok not 100% but nothing does on the first try). Like i said, i love it. I did receive this as a gift from a friend but i will be buying this on my own once its gone.

I have a deluxe sample of this. My usual is Purity but Lately I have been cleansing with a mix of castor oil & jojoba, sometimes avocado. I thought this was straight up oil and it's not. Sadly this didn't do my skin any favors . It left my skin slightly slightly dry compared obviously with my oil method. I prefer Purity much better. I can't get past the smell and potential irritating ingredients this includes. Not a fan, would not recommend.

on 10/14/2016 6:18:00 PM

I've been using this product for 1-2 years and love it. I want to clear something up that I'm seeing in other comments: This is not a thick oil, not should you need to apply it to damp or wet skin. What I learned is that the ingredients can separate. The first time I used it, after using a tiny sample bottle, I was shocked by how thick and sticky it seemed. I contacted Josie Maran customer support, and they quickly responded that I should try to shake the bottle before using. When I looked more closely at the bottle, I could see one liquid floating over another. As soon as I mixed it (I don't shake because eventually some will leak), it felt thinner and silky—as it did with my sample use. (I gave it a 3 for packaging quality.)

on 9/4/2016 11:59:00 PM

This was an underwhelming product. I was looking for a gentle and effective cleansing oil and read some rave reviews on another website so I decided to give it a go. It is definitely thicker and stickier than other cleansing oils I have tried and that would have been alright if it did its job.

It did not do a great job of removing eye makeup so I had to rub quite a bit to get the majority of product of my eyes. The worse part, it is extremely drying. It left my skin feeling very tight and that is un-acceptable.

I do not recommend this product and I will not be repurchasing but I feel skincare is very personal, something that works for me may not work for you. However, this oil is not cheap so I would be hesitant to purchase without getting a sample.

This was my first Oil-based cleanser I'd ever bought four or so years ago. It was….very unremarkable, but it did all it said it would hence the three-star rating. There are much better ones out there that don't sting the eyes, and are less sticky-thick.

on 7/2/2016 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my second bottle of this product and couldn't be happier with it. It thoroughly cleans my combination/pily skin without stripping it, and is perfect for year around use. I would even argue that my skin goes through less breakouts now than before. My only complaint is the packaging - I leave this bottle on my bathroom counter and after I pump out a bit, a little ring of oil always end up near the base (I suspect that the top leaks somewhat). Otherwise, this is a great product and I will repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I first tried this in one of Josie Maran's sampler packs. This was not my first oil cleanser, but it ended up becoming my favorite. I used the full 2 oz bottle and then purchased and used the full 6 oz bottle. I love the scent of this oil cleanser. It is citrus scented without being cloying. I also love the feel of applying this cleanser and how my skin feels after washing it off. I only need to use one pump usually to cover my whole face. I rub it in usually for the whole minute. Then I start to rub in a little water to loosen it up before splashing with more water. This rinses off easily and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. I have combination skin and I feel this is just right for my skin. Would definitely repurchase.

on 5/20/2016 9:02:00 PM

This is the second oil cleanser that I've tried and I really like it. I'm reviewing the travel size so the packaging and price were fine by me. It is thick, but it shouldn't be dragging across your face--people struggling with that just need to add a teeny tiny bit of moisture! I actually like to use this in the shower after my face has been steamed.

It leaves skin very soft and I didn't experience any dryness or tightness. It doesn't always remove all my makeup - but if I buff it in correctly (ie. not be lazy with it) it does a pretty good job. I love oil cleansers because they're perfect for my combo skin. I also love that this is natural and has simple ingredients. The smell doesn't bother me, it's very faint.