Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Cleansing Oil

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Cleansing Oil

3.2

Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polysorbate-80, Polysorbate-20, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Pomelo Grapefruit) Seed oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, (Antioxidant), Sucralose.

on 11/22/2017 11:53:00 PM

I like this cleanser. it leaves my skin feeling moisturized, clean and great. it is a little too thick but I can deal with that. the price is tough to swallow ... about $30

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really disliked this product. Here are my thoughts:
Pros: used as a second cleanser, it leaves skin dealing clean. Removes any film left from first cleanse.
Cons: where to begin...... As a morning cleanse, it leaves my skin tight, squeaky clean- bizarre for an oil cleanser. It's super thick and tough to rub in. It absolutely doesn't emulsify into a milk with water, just turns into watery oil. The fragrance is meh. And I matter how deliberate I apply and wipe off, it always gets on my lips and refuses to rinse off. It tastes god-awful. It also has a weird warning sensation that does nothing to improve the experience. I won't repurchase.

on 2/13/2017 12:49:00 PM

This was my first oil based cleaner and it took some getting used to. If I'm wearing makeup, I use it as part of a two step cleansing process and find that it works best for my oily/combination skin to apply as the first step. I use a few pumps, covering my entire face and eyes. I will usually allow the product to penetrate before taking a warm cloth/splashing cool water over my face for removal. This product doesn't typically remove my eye makeup alone. Also I often still use my Clarisonic in additional to cleanser after this to ensure all makeup is removed and for exfoliation. Although wasn't a fan of the packaging, I had leaking/spills multiple times even when using the lock on the top. Overall this is a great product. I love how natural this feels!

on 4/28/2017 2:21:00 AM

I do love this oil. For a deluxe sized sample in a sample pack of some Josie Maran and fell in love, unfortunately the price point is high. I use this on dry skin as a first cleanser and it feels so wonderful on the skin. No discernible scent I can find memorable.

At first I hated this product! I had just finished my Burt's Bees Cleansing Oil and QVC had a Josie Maran gift set that included this product.

So here's the trick. Vigorously shake the bottle. Pump 2-3 times. Rub between your DRY hands and apply to your DRY face and start to emulsify your makeup. Take 2-3 minutes to allow for your makeup to breakdown, and then finally wipe away with a wet wash cloth.

I use waterproof mascara on occasion and this product does not remove it all the way, so I still must use an eye makeup remover. I also wear long wearing foundation a few days a week, and I see traces of it on my toner pads, but not in an amount that I would consider the product ineffective

I like this product. I don't think think it is my HG cleanser, but it is higher on the list than the CeraVe or Cetaphil cleansers that are nice on the skin but don't remove diddly.

I liked the Burt's bees but man...the smell was unpleasant. I do think it was a little bit better insofar as breaking down my makeup, but I believe the Josie Maran brand is a better quality. Definitely smells better that's for sure!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this oil to wash my face as I already like the Josie Maran facial oil. This really helped with keeping my face moisturized after using too much retinol products. I think I'm hooked even though it's expensive.

on 10/14/2016 6:18:00 PM

I've been using this product for 1-2 years and love it. I want to clear something up that I'm seeing in other comments: This is not a thick oil, not should you need to apply it to damp or wet skin. What I learned is that the ingredients can separate. The first time I used it, after using a tiny sample bottle, I was shocked by how thick and sticky it seemed. I contacted Josie Maran customer support, and they quickly responded that I should try to shake the bottle before using. When I looked more closely at the bottle, I could see one liquid floating over another. As soon as I mixed it (I don't shake because eventually some will leak), it felt thinner and silky—as it did with my sample use. (I gave it a 3 for packaging quality.)

on 1/2/2017 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Im not sure why it's getting a 3.5 out of 5. I love this cleanser!!! Im super lazy when it comes to taking off makeup and all i do is just rub this on my face, massage, and rinse off. This even takes off my waterproof mascara (ok not 100% but nothing does on the first try). Like i said, i love it. I did receive this as a gift from a friend but i will be buying this on my own once its gone.

on 9/4/2016 11:59:00 PM

This was an underwhelming product. I was looking for a gentle and effective cleansing oil and read some rave reviews on another website so I decided to give it a go. It is definitely thicker and stickier than other cleansing oils I have tried and that would have been alright if it did its job.

It did not do a great job of removing eye makeup so I had to rub quite a bit to get the majority of product of my eyes. The worse part, it is extremely drying. It left my skin feeling very tight and that is un-acceptable.

I do not recommend this product and I will not be repurchasing but I feel skincare is very personal, something that works for me may not work for you. However, this oil is not cheap so I would be hesitant to purchase without getting a sample.

I have a deluxe sample of this. My usual is Purity but Lately I have been cleansing with a mix of castor oil & jojoba, sometimes avocado. I thought this was straight up oil and it's not. Sadly this didn't do my skin any favors . It left my skin slightly slightly dry compared obviously with my oil method. I prefer Purity much better. I can't get past the smell and potential irritating ingredients this includes. Not a fan, would not recommend.