Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shea Butter Lotion

4.5

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this body lotion! The coconut hibiscus line smells so good so naurally I had to get the lotion.

More of a butter if you ask me. It is very thick and I cannot stand the packaging because it is very difficult to get the product out of the bottle; this needs to be in a squeeze tube!

Thick, creamy and a bit fluffy. Smells like pina colada/pineapple and flowers and not so much of coconut. Smells delicious either way. Very moisturizing! It does leave a film but not sticky or too oily. My skin feels and looks great, my body reacts well to coconut oil and shea butter. My skin is normal, gets dry in Winter and this is one of my favorite lotions to use. I think this is a bit lighter than the original Shea lotion from this brand.

The ingredients look natural and exotic like most of the products from this brand and if that is important to you then you will love this.

Love this lotion and will keep buying!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have always had relatively dry skin but in the past 4 years I have been really suffering with severely dry and flaky skin on my body. I have tried every oil, lotion and cream it feels like with no relief (with the exception of Argan oil, but it's very expensive). I bought this cream based on the high reviews here. I used this lotion last night and right now I can see ash stretching from my backside down to my ankles, my arms are dry and I have developed these tiny dry bumps all over the backs of them as well as the back of my thighs. I have had this lotion for about a month now and despite getting an additional arm workout from trying to get the product out of the bottle I have seen no benefit. My skin is actually worse. I read that coconut oil is not good for everyone and can make some people drier so I'm going to say that maybe that might be the case since I didn't realize this was formulated with so much of the stuff and coconut oil never worked for me when I tried it anyway. I have some left in the bottle but since it doesn't work for me and I think I've been dry enough all this month I'm tossing it.

I also hate the smell. It smells like a pina colada...the cheap kind and it's very strong. This is probably the third or fourth thing I've tried from the Shea Moisture line and unfortunately I think I might just skip out on this brand as a whole.

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

When I first purchased this it was in the summer. I have to admit I wasn't instantly in love. While the smell and moisture it provided were great, it just didn't move me. When the winter came I started to really enjoy this. I think the amberish scent goes better with fall weather and really made me fall in love with this. Not only do I feel really clean afterward, but I also feel really moisturized. I absolutely love this for winter, especially with the lotion with the same scent. Will purchase again when I run out.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Really amazing lotion! It is like $12, but it is so worth it instead of buying cheaper lotions because this one actually moisturizes you the whole day. It is super thick so the packaging is terrible once you get through the end (I cut the bottle in half to make sure I get everything out). The smell is delicious but it does not stay on all day. I like trying different lotions, so I will not always use this but I will come back to it.

This is a nice rich product that absorbs well. The scent seems more hibiscus than coconut but is pleasant. The issue is with the bottle. This lotion is too thick to be squeezed out of a thin plastic bottle with a flip top. I store it upside down so it doesn't take so long to get it out. I see a pic with a pump but that is definitely not going to work either. Maybe a tube or a tub would be better? One lippie off for packaging.

I use this on my baby girl after her bath. She smells so good with this! It's not marked as for babies, but the ingredients are all natural. It's great on my cracked scaly hands, too. The pumps on the shea moisture usually don't work well, though, so I'd only buy this in the squeeze bottle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Mmmm I love Shea Moisture! I'm not the type to care about hand creams, and find most do absolutley nothing. But winter was coming and I had a coupon, and thought I could use a hand cream for the car. This stuff isn't marketed as a hand cream, but that's what I needed. So since I love coconut, I got this. I loovee it. Wow, my hands are so soft with this and I love the smell. I bet it would be great on body too, but for that I think it's a bit too pricey. I tend to buy a large cocoa butter pump bottle or use palmers tubs (which are better). But yea, killer stuff. If you are the type to splurge on body cream anyway, I'd say give it a go for that too!

This is the best moisturiser I have ever used and it became a staple the moment I took it home and tried it. Here's why:

- It makes your skin INCREDIBLY soft without making it at all sticky
-the price is more than reasonable compared with similar products
- as a lover of natural products Shea Moisture ingredient lists are a a dream come true; there's nothing questionable in this bottle
-the mushroom is supposed to have anti-ageing effects and I would argue it definitely does. I use this daily on my decolletage and it keeps my skin looking wonderful
-a little bit of product goes a long way!

The one negative, as other reviewers have mentioned, is that you can't get the last bit of product thanks to the packaging. Unless, like me, you cut the bottle open and scoop it out. Trust me, it's worth it!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This lotion made my skin feel soo soft and smooth!! It smells like tropical paradise and coconuts. Most lotions I used still made my skin look ashy no matter how much they claimed to be moisturizing. But this one proved me wrong. The only thing I dislike about it is, it comes with no pump and when it's finished you still have to try to get the rest of it out. I felt like I got cheated an ounce out of the product. Overall its great for people with dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Love this for the summer. It hydrates and softens my skin without feeling tacky. The scent is amazing. I can really detect the coconut and it lasts decently throughout the day. I want to try the raw Shea butter one next. If you like the coconut and hisbicus line scent then you will like adding this to your collection. Good for delicate and dry skin