Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shea Butter Lotion

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This lotion smells so nice, very tropical. It moisturizes ok, it takes a while for it to sink in but the worst part is that it's a pain to get the lotion out of the bottle. They need to bottle it with a pump or a squeeze tube.

I wouldn't repurchase this product, or any of the Shea Moisture products, because they felt the need to apologize for putting a white woman in one of their ads. I found that insulting so I'm choosing to spend money on other brands that include everyone and embrace women of every ethnic background.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have tried almost every product from the Coconut & Hibiscus face, hair and body care lines, and this is one of my absolutely favorites. At least for me, the insanely good scent of the entire facial care line (which I attribute to the Songyi mushroom and Hibiscus) is what got me to branch out, because after trying the facial mask packets, I was hooked. This lotion is very true to that scent and definitely does make my skin look brighter, though it's hard for me to gauge lightness as I am very pale to begin with. What I would say it does is reduce redness more than anything, and adds a nice glow to my skin. It also moisturizes very well and I stay soft all day long.

I will add to those who don't like more natural, earthy scents- this is probably not for you. The lotion is quality and so I'd highly recommend trying Shea Moisture lotions, but this one is very strong scented. It's also a good idea to store this upside down so you don't have to fight to get the product out.

Pros: The lotion itself is excellent and absorbs well, the scent is a daily staple for me, the ingredients are great and it does truly make my skin look brighter. If you like this, try the facial mask and moisturizer in the same line!

Cons: The packaging is a bit of a pain and the scent might be too strong for others. The cost is a bit higher for the quality ingredients.

At first I loved the scent: tropical and yet floral. But one day my roommate said I smelled like crayons and he was 100% correct. That basically ruined this product for me.

It is decently moisturizing but I have used better products that don't cost as much and smell as good or better. Also, after using it for a while it started to sting my legs, especially if I used it after shaving. It absorbs quickly. The packaging is pretty but it doesn't work well for a couple of reasons. First the bottle is really hard to squeeze out of because the plastic is so unforgiving. Then the actual labeling faded off. It slides around and gets on my hands.

I won't be buying this again because the mediocre smell and moisturizing capabilities don't justify a relatively high price.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this body lotion! The coconut hibiscus line smells so good so naurally I had to get the lotion.

More of a butter if you ask me. It is very thick and I cannot stand the packaging because it is very difficult to get the product out of the bottle; this needs to be in a squeeze tube!

Thick, creamy and a bit fluffy. Smells like pina colada/pineapple and flowers and not so much of coconut. Smells delicious either way. Very moisturizing! It does leave a film but not sticky or too oily. My skin feels and looks great, my body reacts well to coconut oil and shea butter. My skin is normal, gets dry in Winter and this is one of my favorite lotions to use. I think this is a bit lighter than the original Shea lotion from this brand.

The ingredients look natural and exotic like most of the products from this brand and if that is important to you then you will love this.

Love this lotion and will keep buying!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have always had relatively dry skin but in the past 4 years I have been really suffering with severely dry and flaky skin on my body. I have tried every oil, lotion and cream it feels like with no relief (with the exception of Argan oil, but it's very expensive). I bought this cream based on the high reviews here. I used this lotion last night and right now I can see ash stretching from my backside down to my ankles, my arms are dry and I have developed these tiny dry bumps all over the backs of them as well as the back of my thighs. I have had this lotion for about a month now and despite getting an additional arm workout from trying to get the product out of the bottle I have seen no benefit. My skin is actually worse. I read that coconut oil is not good for everyone and can make some people drier so I'm going to say that maybe that might be the case since I didn't realize this was formulated with so much of the stuff and coconut oil never worked for me when I tried it anyway. I have some left in the bottle but since it doesn't work for me and I think I've been dry enough all this month I'm tossing it.

I also hate the smell. It smells like a pina colada...the cheap kind and it's very strong. This is probably the third or fourth thing I've tried from the Shea Moisture line and unfortunately I think I might just skip out on this brand as a whole.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I, too, discovered this line at Target while looking for an Olay serum. The fact that it claims to brighten skin caught my eye, as I have dull, dry skin in winter and a couple of age spots. It says body lotion but I'm adding it to my facial moisturizers at night (Drunk Elephant La La cream, Cerave, and Argan oil (Shea Moisture also sells a much cheaper Argan oil than Josie Moran). These combined make my face smooth but not greasy. It's been 2 weeks so I'm waiting to see the "brightening" and what the mushroom can do. BUT unlike other posters, I can't stand the smell. It's sickeningly sweet, and not much of a coconut scent at all. Must be the hibiscus. All my other products are fragrance free, so the smell really caught me by surprise. Other than the flowery smell, so far so good.

This is a nice rich product that absorbs well. The scent seems more hibiscus than coconut but is pleasant. The issue is with the bottle. This lotion is too thick to be squeezed out of a thin plastic bottle with a flip top. I store it upside down so it doesn't take so long to get it out. I see a pic with a pump but that is definitely not going to work either. Maybe a tube or a tub would be better? One lippie off for packaging.

When I first purchased this it was in the summer. I have to admit I wasn't instantly in love. While the smell and moisture it provided were great, it just didn't move me. When the winter came I started to really enjoy this. I think the amberish scent goes better with fall weather and really made me fall in love with this. Not only do I feel really clean afterward, but I also feel really moisturized. I absolutely love this for winter, especially with the lotion with the same scent. Will purchase again when I run out.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Really amazing lotion! It is like $12, but it is so worth it instead of buying cheaper lotions because this one actually moisturizes you the whole day. It is super thick so the packaging is terrible once you get through the end (I cut the bottle in half to make sure I get everything out). The smell is delicious but it does not stay on all day. I like trying different lotions, so I will not always use this but I will come back to it.

I use this on my baby girl after her bath. She smells so good with this! It's not marked as for babies, but the ingredients are all natural. It's great on my cracked scaly hands, too. The pumps on the shea moisture usually don't work well, though, so I'd only buy this in the squeeze bottle.