Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging Eye Cream Line and Dark Circle Minimizing Brush

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging

2.9

water, glycerin, isohexadecane, titanium dioxide, niacinamide, ppg-15 stearyl ether, dimethicone, isopropyl palmitate, sorbitan stearate, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, benzyl alcohol, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, methylparaben, dimethiconol, ethylparaben, propylparaben, cetearyl glucoside, cetearyl alcohol, stearic acid, disodium edta, peg-100 stearate, iron oxides

This goes on smoothly and blends well. I even use it to cover up the scar on my nose from removal of a carcinoma. Works better than anything else. Wish I could find it so I can buy more. I like the ease push up applicator and pen in one.

on 11/18/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This could have been a half-way decent eye moisturiser for a person that has no dryness under the eyes if it wasn't packaged so horribly. I used this less than 10 times before it ran out. I wiped and rinsed the brush end with alcohol between uses and noticed the brush also gets terribly clogged. It's a click-style pen and very hard to get anything out or even know when it might be close to being empty. The brush is also awkward and too big for the eye area in my opinion.

You have to click the pen several times before anything even comes out, and when it does the formula is thin and water-y and not opaque at all, I thought it might have some opacity because of the titanium dioxide but no. It just barely covers dark circles. It's hard to spread and balls up and then just rolls off the skin (and I used it on bare skin). Because it is so thin, it doesn't even moisturise the under eye area. It just did nothing in any way for me.

Realistically I don't expect anything to actually lighten dark circles (and mine are not even bad)), except for in a cosmetic way and this failed to even do that. I got this in a set with some other Olay products but I would never repurchase, way to gimmicky and useless. Any cream combined with a touch of concealer is a way better option in my opinion. Waste of time and money.

on 11/9/2012 11:58:00 PM

When I saw this product I contemplated whether the $20.00 was worth it or not. I have very visible dark circles that make me self-conscious. I've tried several other things; make-up, eye creams, concealer, etc! I didn't have to high of hopes for this product but figured "What did I have to loose?" So glad I took the chance because its great! It is the ONLY thing I have used that covers them up. I love this pen. It's super easy to use. It take 1-2 clicks for both eyes so it lasts a long time. I brush it on then blend in and viola! It does not hide them completely but does a great job. I never leave the house without this and my BB cream.

on 4/16/2012 6:28:00 AM

Actually glad I bought this before checking out the reviews! I just finished my first tube - and by that I mean I will definitely be purchasing again - and I really like this. Moisture and light concealing in one,works for me. I actually use this all over my face and it's perfect for me for that. It would not provide heavy duty concealing,but it wasn't made for that anyway. I can see how lots of women could be dissatisfied with the color selection - since there isn't any!! The product just happens to be a near perfect match for me,but Olay,for pete's sake!! The thing that makes this stand out for me is that it really does lightly conceal,which means it could never be sheer enough for all skin tones! That said - I still like it. Also - I can put it on at 5:30 AM,and it's still moist and CREASE FREE at noon or so,and that's a feat!

on 8/29/2011 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have to say this small amount of product comes with a expensive price tag. I have seem many great reviews for the Total Effects line. But this one doesn't really cut it. The brush is good for applying the product but it's a pain to dispense each time because it's either too much or too little of the product. It doesn't do anything to correct dark eye circle problem. However, it does works better as a concealer (for my skin tone) than as an eye cream. Not very impressed.

on 7/31/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm so disappointed in this product. The shade is off (too dark), the brush is too big, and the product doesn't dispense well from the tube. I click and click and click and have only used it twice successfully in the weeks I've had it - I just get fed up clicking the darn thing. What a shame. It had some great potential.

on 7/18/2011 6:11:00 PM

I just tried this for the first time. I kept seeing commercials for it and thinking "that's exactly what I need!" I always think I look tired, and I have dark circles under my eyes, but this product really disappointed me. I couldn't believe how ugly the orange/brown colour was. And I am fair skinned, so this definitely did not make my eyes brighter. And even though I washed it off, I can still feel a slight stinging/burning sensation. Really unimpressed, what a waste of money. I definitely will not be using it again.

on 5/20/2011 7:34:00 PM

Oh, dear. This SO did not work for me. The color, as someone pointed out, is a dark orangy shade that was too dark for me. It thoroughly dried my under eye skin. I looked at the ingredients and alcohol is mentioned twice. Alcohol?! To fight wrinkles and dry skin?! That's a new one.

Had to return it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First I wanted to start by mentioning that I love this product and have just repurchased my second tube. It is true like many others have said, this is not a stand alone product, but when this product combined with a concealer, it somehow kept my under-eye area moisturized and younger looking.

I wanted to say I've realized that I am starting to age and it is especially noticeable around my eye areas. But this product has became my holy grail and everyday routine. It instantly lighten and brighten my eye areas when applied BUT do no cover my dark circles, with some concealer, this is perfect. I especially love the feeling when I look myself in the mirror through mid-day cause my eye areas look smooth and youthful.

The downfall is the packaging, one brush to be use over and over again which is not very sanitary. Plus the price! is a little over board. I thought Garnier eye roller was expensive until this came out.

If I were to choose, I will buy Olay anti-aging brush over garnier anti-dark circles roller with sheer tint (in skintone color tube). Because towards mid-day, the Garnier's product started to set in my fine lines and make my under-eye dry looking while the Olay doesn't.

However, they work perfect when layer together!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Definitely not a stand-alone product for me. First, the "tint" is way too dark for my fair-medium skin tone ("Bamboo" in CG Natureluxe foundation.) Second, I'm not a fan of the click brush-- I don't like taking a brush covered in old product and putting it near my eyes, so I try to wash off the brush every few uses (even though I know that risks getting water in my product.) I do use this as a primer for concealer and I've found that it keeps my regular concealer from creasing.

Despite my last point, I definitely won't be buying this product again.