Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging Eye Cream Line and Dark Circle Minimizing Brush

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging

water, glycerin, isohexadecane, titanium dioxide, niacinamide, ppg-15 stearyl ether, dimethicone, isopropyl palmitate, sorbitan stearate, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, benzyl alcohol, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, methylparaben, dimethiconol, ethylparaben, propylparaben, cetearyl glucoside, cetearyl alcohol, stearic acid, disodium edta, peg-100 stearate, iron oxides

Almost a total trainwreck, but not quite...
I read the box expecting an eye 'treatment' with a hint of tint to it...something appropriate for nighttime as well as day. I think the whole concept is a disaster. The color is hideously ugly and isn't opaque enough to neutralize much, but not sheer enough to 'lighten' the eye area. Plus, who sleeps with "concealer" on??!! I thought I would try because it's supposed to be "improving" my skin 24/7, although I would never normally sleep in "concealer". When I woke up, my eyes did look well rested and not nearly as bleah as normal. Plus the skin was tighter, which is a nice plus. So, I was oddly surprised that wearing this at night makes for pretty-ok looking eyes in the a.m.
Now, in the morning, I wash my face as usual and then apply as an eyecream/concealer. The other posters were right--who designed the size of the brush? You'd have to be a giant in order for it to be sized to your eye area! I just click a little out and apply with my normal-human-sized concealer brush. Again, color--icky. Doesn't neutralize any darkness so I'm all perfect and flawless...but it does work kinda-ok as a base with regular concealer over top. It does leave the eye area moisturized--not overly though.
All in all, it's a weird freaky product that has a few good points but really isn't what the box says it is. Frankly, if it wasn't so far to drive, I'd return it to CVS. Instead, I'll just use it off and on until I get sick of it and retire it to my useless products drawer.

on 5/20/2011 7:34:00 PM

Oh, dear. This SO did not work for me. The color, as someone pointed out, is a dark orangy shade that was too dark for me. It thoroughly dried my under eye skin. I looked at the ingredients and alcohol is mentioned twice. Alcohol?! To fight wrinkles and dry skin?! That's a new one.

Had to return it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Definitely not a stand-alone product for me. First, the "tint" is way too dark for my fair-medium skin tone ("Bamboo" in CG Natureluxe foundation.) Second, I'm not a fan of the click brush-- I don't like taking a brush covered in old product and putting it near my eyes, so I try to wash off the brush every few uses (even though I know that risks getting water in my product.) I do use this as a primer for concealer and I've found that it keeps my regular concealer from creasing.

Despite my last point, I definitely won't be buying this product again.

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)