Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging Eye Cream Line and Dark Circle Minimizing Brush

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging

2.3

water, glycerin, isohexadecane, titanium dioxide, niacinamide, ppg-15 stearyl ether, dimethicone, isopropyl palmitate, sorbitan stearate, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, benzyl alcohol, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, methylparaben, dimethiconol, ethylparaben, propylparaben, cetearyl glucoside, cetearyl alcohol, stearic acid, disodium edta, peg-100 stearate, iron oxides

on 8/8/2018 1:09:00 AM

Well I just bought the product and nothing comes out I’ve tried clicking an obscene amount and shaking it etc... who knows if I even got any out of the product would be any good?! Maybe?!
Taking it back tomorrow to get a refund!

on 11/18/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This could have been a half-way decent eye moisturiser for a person that has no dryness under the eyes if it wasn't packaged so horribly. I used this less than 10 times before it ran out. I wiped and rinsed the brush end with alcohol between uses and noticed the brush also gets terribly clogged. It's a click-style pen and very hard to get anything out or even know when it might be close to being empty. The brush is also awkward and too big for the eye area in my opinion.

You have to click the pen several times before anything even comes out, and when it does the formula is thin and water-y and not opaque at all, I thought it might have some opacity because of the titanium dioxide but no. It just barely covers dark circles. It's hard to spread and balls up and then just rolls off the skin (and I used it on bare skin). Because it is so thin, it doesn't even moisturise the under eye area. It just did nothing in any way for me.

Realistically I don't expect anything to actually lighten dark circles (and mine are not even bad)), except for in a cosmetic way and this failed to even do that. I got this in a set with some other Olay products but I would never repurchase, way to gimmicky and useless. Any cream combined with a touch of concealer is a way better option in my opinion. Waste of time and money.

on 11/9/2012 11:58:00 PM

When I saw this product I contemplated whether the $20.00 was worth it or not. I have very visible dark circles that make me self-conscious. I've tried several other things; make-up, eye creams, concealer, etc! I didn't have to high of hopes for this product but figured "What did I have to loose?" So glad I took the chance because its great! It is the ONLY thing I have used that covers them up. I love this pen. It's super easy to use. It take 1-2 clicks for both eyes so it lasts a long time. I brush it on then blend in and viola! It does not hide them completely but does a great job. I never leave the house without this and my BB cream.

on 4/16/2012 6:28:00 AM

Actually glad I bought this before checking out the reviews! I just finished my first tube - and by that I mean I will definitely be purchasing again - and I really like this. Moisture and light concealing in one,works for me. I actually use this all over my face and it's perfect for me for that. It would not provide heavy duty concealing,but it wasn't made for that anyway. I can see how lots of women could be dissatisfied with the color selection - since there isn't any!! The product just happens to be a near perfect match for me,but Olay,for pete's sake!! The thing that makes this stand out for me is that it really does lightly conceal,which means it could never be sheer enough for all skin tones! That said - I still like it. Also - I can put it on at 5:30 AM,and it's still moist and CREASE FREE at noon or so,and that's a feat!

on 4/7/2012 4:17:00 AM

Ok, I gave it a 3 because I have to use something else with it for it to work for me. I dab a dot of aquaphor healing ointment on my hand and then dispense a drop of this on my hand and blend with the brush it comes with. Only then do I apply it to my eyes and then I like it. Otherwise I would never by this again because it is too dry for me.

Almost a total trainwreck, but not quite...
I read the box expecting an eye 'treatment' with a hint of tint to it...something appropriate for nighttime as well as day. I think the whole concept is a disaster. The color is hideously ugly and isn't opaque enough to neutralize much, but not sheer enough to 'lighten' the eye area. Plus, who sleeps with "concealer" on??!! I thought I would try because it's supposed to be "improving" my skin 24/7, although I would never normally sleep in "concealer". When I woke up, my eyes did look well rested and not nearly as bleah as normal. Plus the skin was tighter, which is a nice plus. So, I was oddly surprised that wearing this at night makes for pretty-ok looking eyes in the a.m.
Now, in the morning, I wash my face as usual and then apply as an eyecream/concealer. The other posters were right--who designed the size of the brush? You'd have to be a giant in order for it to be sized to your eye area! I just click a little out and apply with my normal-human-sized concealer brush. Again, color--icky. Doesn't neutralize any darkness so I'm all perfect and flawless...but it does work kinda-ok as a base with regular concealer over top. It does leave the eye area moisturized--not overly though.
All in all, it's a weird freaky product that has a few good points but really isn't what the box says it is. Frankly, if it wasn't so far to drive, I'd return it to CVS. Instead, I'll just use it off and on until I get sick of it and retire it to my useless products drawer.

on 8/3/2011 10:21:00 PM

God, this is crap. I really expected more from Olay. I thought it would be a clear product, but it's really dark. If I can find the receipt, I'm returning it.

on 7/31/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm so disappointed in this product. The shade is off (too dark), the brush is too big, and the product doesn't dispense well from the tube. I click and click and click and have only used it twice successfully in the weeks I've had it - I just get fed up clicking the darn thing. What a shame. It had some great potential.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was extremely dissapointed when I used the Olay Total Effects dark cirlce minimizing brush. It claims to reduce the look of fine lines and fight 7 signs of aging as well as provide tinted coverage for younger, brighter looking eyes. This product did nothing it claims to do. I have dark circles around my eyes and I was looking for something that would help cover them. However, the concealer in the brush just made my eyes look cakey. I wouldn't reccamend this to people who have sensitive skin because it stings the under eye area and has a very uncomfortable feeling. Overall, I disliked this product because of the high cost and the fact that it doesnt help me at all.

Luckily, I don't need a whole lot of concealer. In the winter I apply eye cream under my eyes before makeup, but in the summer it's just a li'l too heavy, so I decided to try this more for it's treatment benefits than anything else. The texture is very light and not too greasy/oily, which I like. The color is just a teeny tiny darker than I would like on my fair skin, but it's still perfectly acceptable. I like the finish it gives .. as I said, it's definitely not going to cover really dark circles, but it does brighten my area area. As far as the treatment benefits, it's too early to say. I used a bit on my cheek just to see if it had any coverage, and I was very pleased with the look, especially for summer. I am now considering buying their tinted moisturizer. I don't, however, use the brush to apply this product .. it's way too big (IMHO) ... so I click the end to dispense, and use my finger to pat it around my eye area. To me, it's just a gimmick with the brush ... I would much prefer a little tube or pump bottle. I did not notice any scent, but I am not sensitive at ALL to scented products, so I might have just not noticed if there was. Definitely will buy this again, especially for summer, as I am still oily in my old age LOL.