Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging Eye Cream Line and Dark Circle Minimizing Brush

Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging

2.7

water, glycerin, isohexadecane, titanium dioxide, niacinamide, ppg-15 stearyl ether, dimethicone, isopropyl palmitate, sorbitan stearate, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, benzyl alcohol, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, methylparaben, dimethiconol, ethylparaben, propylparaben, cetearyl glucoside, cetearyl alcohol, stearic acid, disodium edta, peg-100 stearate, iron oxides

on 8/8/2018 1:09:00 AM

Well I just bought the product and nothing comes out I’ve tried clicking an obscene amount and shaking it etc... who knows if I even got any out of the product would be any good?! Maybe?!
Taking it back tomorrow to get a refund!

on 8/3/2011 10:21:00 PM

God, this is crap. I really expected more from Olay. I thought it would be a clear product, but it's really dark. If I can find the receipt, I'm returning it.

on 7/18/2011 6:11:00 PM

I just tried this for the first time. I kept seeing commercials for it and thinking "that's exactly what I need!" I always think I look tired, and I have dark circles under my eyes, but this product really disappointed me. I couldn't believe how ugly the orange/brown colour was. And I am fair skinned, so this definitely did not make my eyes brighter. And even though I washed it off, I can still feel a slight stinging/burning sensation. Really unimpressed, what a waste of money. I definitely will not be using it again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was extremely dissapointed when I used the Olay Total Effects dark cirlce minimizing brush. It claims to reduce the look of fine lines and fight 7 signs of aging as well as provide tinted coverage for younger, brighter looking eyes. This product did nothing it claims to do. I have dark circles around my eyes and I was looking for something that would help cover them. However, the concealer in the brush just made my eyes look cakey. I wouldn't reccamend this to people who have sensitive skin because it stings the under eye area and has a very uncomfortable feeling. Overall, I disliked this product because of the high cost and the fact that it doesnt help me at all.

on 5/20/2011 7:34:00 PM

Oh, dear. This SO did not work for me. The color, as someone pointed out, is a dark orangy shade that was too dark for me. It thoroughly dried my under eye skin. I looked at the ingredients and alcohol is mentioned twice. Alcohol?! To fight wrinkles and dry skin?! That's a new one.

Had to return it.

UGH!!!!!

I expected, like any eye concealer, there to be different shades or tints. Not this time. It comes in one shade....an orangy dark unnatural colour.

I have a fair complexion. I only require something to lighten up my eye area (dark cirlces and lids). I do not wear foundation at all.

I am utterly disappointed.

on 11/18/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This could have been a half-way decent eye moisturiser for a person that has no dryness under the eyes if it wasn't packaged so horribly. I used this less than 10 times before it ran out. I wiped and rinsed the brush end with alcohol between uses and noticed the brush also gets terribly clogged. It's a click-style pen and very hard to get anything out or even know when it might be close to being empty. The brush is also awkward and too big for the eye area in my opinion.

You have to click the pen several times before anything even comes out, and when it does the formula is thin and water-y and not opaque at all, I thought it might have some opacity because of the titanium dioxide but no. It just barely covers dark circles. It's hard to spread and balls up and then just rolls off the skin (and I used it on bare skin). Because it is so thin, it doesn't even moisturise the under eye area. It just did nothing in any way for me.

Realistically I don't expect anything to actually lighten dark circles (and mine are not even bad)), except for in a cosmetic way and this failed to even do that. I got this in a set with some other Olay products but I would never repurchase, way to gimmicky and useless. Any cream combined with a touch of concealer is a way better option in my opinion. Waste of time and money.

Almost a total trainwreck, but not quite...
I read the box expecting an eye 'treatment' with a hint of tint to it...something appropriate for nighttime as well as day. I think the whole concept is a disaster. The color is hideously ugly and isn't opaque enough to neutralize much, but not sheer enough to 'lighten' the eye area. Plus, who sleeps with "concealer" on??!! I thought I would try because it's supposed to be "improving" my skin 24/7, although I would never normally sleep in "concealer". When I woke up, my eyes did look well rested and not nearly as bleah as normal. Plus the skin was tighter, which is a nice plus. So, I was oddly surprised that wearing this at night makes for pretty-ok looking eyes in the a.m.
Now, in the morning, I wash my face as usual and then apply as an eyecream/concealer. The other posters were right--who designed the size of the brush? You'd have to be a giant in order for it to be sized to your eye area! I just click a little out and apply with my normal-human-sized concealer brush. Again, color--icky. Doesn't neutralize any darkness so I'm all perfect and flawless...but it does work kinda-ok as a base with regular concealer over top. It does leave the eye area moisturized--not overly though.
All in all, it's a weird freaky product that has a few good points but really isn't what the box says it is. Frankly, if it wasn't so far to drive, I'd return it to CVS. Instead, I'll just use it off and on until I get sick of it and retire it to my useless products drawer.

on 7/31/2011 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm so disappointed in this product. The shade is off (too dark), the brush is too big, and the product doesn't dispense well from the tube. I click and click and click and have only used it twice successfully in the weeks I've had it - I just get fed up clicking the darn thing. What a shame. It had some great potential.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Definitely not a stand-alone product for me. First, the "tint" is way too dark for my fair-medium skin tone ("Bamboo" in CG Natureluxe foundation.) Second, I'm not a fan of the click brush-- I don't like taking a brush covered in old product and putting it near my eyes, so I try to wash off the brush every few uses (even though I know that risks getting water in my product.) I do use this as a primer for concealer and I've found that it keeps my regular concealer from creasing.

Despite my last point, I definitely won't be buying this product again.