Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging Eye Cream Line and Dark Circle Minimizing Brush

Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging

2.8

water, glycerin, isohexadecane, titanium dioxide, niacinamide, ppg-15 stearyl ether, dimethicone, isopropyl palmitate, sorbitan stearate, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, benzyl alcohol, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, methylparaben, dimethiconol, ethylparaben, propylparaben, cetearyl glucoside, cetearyl alcohol, stearic acid, disodium edta, peg-100 stearate, iron oxides

on 4/11/2011 11:38:00 PM

I was hoping this would be an effective combo eye-cream/concealer, but unfortuantely it didn't work for me at all. From the packaging and the Olay website, this claims to "contain a daily under-eye moisturizer that hydrates to firm skinís appearance and minimize the look of fine lines. A hint of tint instantly reduces the appearance of dark circles". Not even close.

First the packaging. It sux. A click pen with a thicker brush on the end thats fairly dense, on the hard side, and certainly larger than I want for the area its intended. I never got to use it though since mine never worked. I clicked and clicked until I had carpal tunnel and it never brought forth the cream. Fortunately, you can unscrew the long tube that contains the cream from the bottom and use a concealer brush to get it out. The color actually matches my medium with yellow skin tone (BB Natural), but I can't imagine anyone lighter than me would find it a match, and for that area I usually like something peachier to counteract discoloration (mines kinda bluish). The consistency is like a thin-to-medium eye cream. Almost a foundation consistency. It glides on well, but its still necessary to pat it in, which I do anyway, but this takes forever as it doesn't seem to want to absorb. The package directions state you need to "massage and blend until excess is absorbed". I don't normally like to massage that area, so I patted. My dark circles aren't all that bad unless I'm tired. BB's eye brightener all on its own, or Cinema Secrets concealer covers them completely with just a tiny bit and little effort. Using the same amount of this as I normally would use those 2 products covered nothing. In fact I think it made them look slightly worse. The more I put on the more noticeable and darker my eye area seemed. And as a bonus, it creased like crazy! something the other 2 never do. The one good thing was it didn't sting or migrate into my eyes. I can't attest to its usefulness as an eye cream since I only used it about 5 times and gave up. Totally unimpressed and can't recommend.

on 4/14/2011 12:25:00 PM

i have just the opposite opinion. I dont need concealer after this and had no issue with the brush/click dispenser. I use this when i use my moisturizer in the morning and dont really pat or brush, one click is enough to swip on both eyes; but let it absorb some before i move on to my make up application. I dont have a huge issue with darkness, which should be noted. I like that this is not a jar...would like it even more if it had sunscreen!

on 4/22/2011 6:43:00 AM

This is very easy to use. I just use one click, brush it under both eyes and then pat it in. The first time I used it people commented that I looked much more rested than usual. Will definitely keep using this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Definitely not a stand-alone product for me. First, the "tint" is way too dark for my fair-medium skin tone ("Bamboo" in CG Natureluxe foundation.) Second, I'm not a fan of the click brush-- I don't like taking a brush covered in old product and putting it near my eyes, so I try to wash off the brush every few uses (even though I know that risks getting water in my product.) I do use this as a primer for concealer and I've found that it keeps my regular concealer from creasing.

Despite my last point, I definitely won't be buying this product again.

UGH!!!!!

I expected, like any eye concealer, there to be different shades or tints. Not this time. It comes in one shade....an orangy dark unnatural colour.

I have a fair complexion. I only require something to lighten up my eye area (dark cirlces and lids). I do not wear foundation at all.

I am utterly disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First I wanted to start by mentioning that I love this product and have just repurchased my second tube. It is true like many others have said, this is not a stand alone product, but when this product combined with a concealer, it somehow kept my under-eye area moisturized and younger looking.

I wanted to say I've realized that I am starting to age and it is especially noticeable around my eye areas. But this product has became my holy grail and everyday routine. It instantly lighten and brighten my eye areas when applied BUT do no cover my dark circles, with some concealer, this is perfect. I especially love the feeling when I look myself in the mirror through mid-day cause my eye areas look smooth and youthful.

The downfall is the packaging, one brush to be use over and over again which is not very sanitary. Plus the price! is a little over board. I thought Garnier eye roller was expensive until this came out.

If I were to choose, I will buy Olay anti-aging brush over garnier anti-dark circles roller with sheer tint (in skintone color tube). Because towards mid-day, the Garnier's product started to set in my fine lines and make my under-eye dry looking while the Olay doesn't.

However, they work perfect when layer together!

on 5/20/2011 7:34:00 PM

Oh, dear. This SO did not work for me. The color, as someone pointed out, is a dark orangy shade that was too dark for me. It thoroughly dried my under eye skin. I looked at the ingredients and alcohol is mentioned twice. Alcohol?! To fight wrinkles and dry skin?! That's a new one.

Had to return it.

Luckily, I don't need a whole lot of concealer. In the winter I apply eye cream under my eyes before makeup, but in the summer it's just a li'l too heavy, so I decided to try this more for it's treatment benefits than anything else. The texture is very light and not too greasy/oily, which I like. The color is just a teeny tiny darker than I would like on my fair skin, but it's still perfectly acceptable. I like the finish it gives .. as I said, it's definitely not going to cover really dark circles, but it does brighten my area area. As far as the treatment benefits, it's too early to say. I used a bit on my cheek just to see if it had any coverage, and I was very pleased with the look, especially for summer. I am now considering buying their tinted moisturizer. I don't, however, use the brush to apply this product .. it's way too big (IMHO) ... so I click the end to dispense, and use my finger to pat it around my eye area. To me, it's just a gimmick with the brush ... I would much prefer a little tube or pump bottle. I did not notice any scent, but I am not sensitive at ALL to scented products, so I might have just not noticed if there was. Definitely will buy this again, especially for summer, as I am still oily in my old age LOL.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was extremely dissapointed when I used the Olay Total Effects dark cirlce minimizing brush. It claims to reduce the look of fine lines and fight 7 signs of aging as well as provide tinted coverage for younger, brighter looking eyes. This product did nothing it claims to do. I have dark circles around my eyes and I was looking for something that would help cover them. However, the concealer in the brush just made my eyes look cakey. I wouldn't reccamend this to people who have sensitive skin because it stings the under eye area and has a very uncomfortable feeling. Overall, I disliked this product because of the high cost and the fact that it doesnt help me at all.

on 7/18/2011 6:11:00 PM

I just tried this for the first time. I kept seeing commercials for it and thinking "that's exactly what I need!" I always think I look tired, and I have dark circles under my eyes, but this product really disappointed me. I couldn't believe how ugly the orange/brown colour was. And I am fair skinned, so this definitely did not make my eyes brighter. And even though I washed it off, I can still feel a slight stinging/burning sensation. Really unimpressed, what a waste of money. I definitely will not be using it again.