Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging Eye Cream Line and Dark Circle Minimizing Brush

Filtered by age: 30-35
Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-aging

2.0

water, glycerin, isohexadecane, titanium dioxide, niacinamide, ppg-15 stearyl ether, dimethicone, isopropyl palmitate, sorbitan stearate, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, polyethylene, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, benzyl alcohol, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, methylparaben, dimethiconol, ethylparaben, propylparaben, cetearyl glucoside, cetearyl alcohol, stearic acid, disodium edta, peg-100 stearate, iron oxides

on 11/18/2013 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This could have been a half-way decent eye moisturiser for a person that has no dryness under the eyes if it wasn't packaged so horribly. I used this less than 10 times before it ran out. I wiped and rinsed the brush end with alcohol between uses and noticed the brush also gets terribly clogged. It's a click-style pen and very hard to get anything out or even know when it might be close to being empty. The brush is also awkward and too big for the eye area in my opinion.

You have to click the pen several times before anything even comes out, and when it does the formula is thin and water-y and not opaque at all, I thought it might have some opacity because of the titanium dioxide but no. It just barely covers dark circles. It's hard to spread and balls up and then just rolls off the skin (and I used it on bare skin). Because it is so thin, it doesn't even moisturise the under eye area. It just did nothing in any way for me.

Realistically I don't expect anything to actually lighten dark circles (and mine are not even bad)), except for in a cosmetic way and this failed to even do that. I got this in a set with some other Olay products but I would never repurchase, way to gimmicky and useless. Any cream combined with a touch of concealer is a way better option in my opinion. Waste of time and money.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Definitely not a stand-alone product for me. First, the "tint" is way too dark for my fair-medium skin tone ("Bamboo" in CG Natureluxe foundation.) Second, I'm not a fan of the click brush-- I don't like taking a brush covered in old product and putting it near my eyes, so I try to wash off the brush every few uses (even though I know that risks getting water in my product.) I do use this as a primer for concealer and I've found that it keeps my regular concealer from creasing.

Despite my last point, I definitely won't be buying this product again.

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)