Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Facial Scrub (with lemon, papaya, and caffeine)

Facial Scrub

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Cellulose, Mannitol, Xylitol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Polygonum Fagopyrum (Buckwheat) Flour, Ethylparaben, Polybutylene Terephthalate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Caffeine, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Algin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Chronium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides, Yellow 10

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This was a miss for me. The proportion of scrubbing granules to gel is too small, so I can't really get a "scrub" going. My nose doesn't feel completely clean after using it. It might work if I used hot water vs. warm, but that's not how I roll. Also, I don't like the smell - it's a glycerine/edible plastic/faintly fruity blend that reminds me of cough syrup. Yuck!

on 3/26/2016 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

a bit pricy

on 2/14/2015 10:54:00 AM

This cleanser is just okay and lacks the ingredients necessary to really brighten up your face. Actually, I think the ingredients list is appalling, but that aside, this is an effective cleanser in that it removes makeup and oil. I really did not notice long-term benefits and I would not want to put this product on my face long-term anyway.

on 8/16/2015 12:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Overall a nice scrub. I usually get my face scrubs from clean and clear and use them between 3-4 times a week. I think it's way too harsh to use daily but when you just need a good deep scrub its good. The smell is ok but when on the face it smells a bit artificial and resembles washing up liquid. I think it does get rid of dead skin and does make skin look brighter but it dries out the skin so much. I have combo skin and I have to put loads of moisturiser on afterwards. Would rate this 3.5/5

on 2/10/2015 7:09:00 AM

I purchased this product for the first time about 1.5 years ago. When I first started using this product I had mild acne. I was using everything I could to stop the breakouts. I bought this because a friend told me that she used it to clear her back-ne. The first few times I used it, my face felt slightly irritated. I have very sensitive skin and this made my face a little red at first. After a few weeks of using this product I started to notice that my skin was a lot smoother and the pimples were starting to get smaller. A few months later I had little to no acne. I had a few acne scars on my cheeks. The lemon in this product lifted those scars right up. Today I only get a pimple or two when I have my period. I love this product and will continue to use it!
P.S. It smells amazing!!!

on 3/25/2016 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

H O R R I B L E and if you want very dry skin on your face then go and use this

on 12/8/2014 7:02:00 PM

This is fairly decent; it smells good and it kinda exfoliates. It doesn't break me out but at the same time it doesn't clear anything up. Although it's supposedly 'brightening' it had absolutely no brightening effect whatsoever. Wouldn't recommend or repurchase. If you want something slightly exfoliating for the morning that still gives you a glow I would highly recommend Lush-Let the good times roll :)

on 6/4/2014 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I liked the smell of this scrub and found that it did brighten and energise my skin,but it really dried my skin out.I also experienced redness which was not pleasant!I didn't finish the bottle and would never re-purchase it again unfortunately :/ 9

on 6/7/2014 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't know maybe its my skin type or something , but this product does not suit me at all.
It made my skin super dry, did not cleanse it properly, irritated it, and as a result I had to fight with oily and blemished skin!!!

on 7/9/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I have some acne problems and oily skin. My skin was the clearest it's ever been using this product, and even felt quite soft and moisturised after use. Great scent, lots of exfoliating beads. I'm trying the shine control next but would definitely repurchase and recommend