Essie French Affair

Essie French Affair
French AffairEssie- French Affair

3.5

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This colour is beautiful but won't look good on everyone. I usually have extremely pale skin but recently got a nice tan and this colour makes me look even better. It is a nice light pink with a cool undertone and is great for all year round. To me, all Essie nail polish is quite expensive, but this one is the same as all others. I found mine at Marshalls for $3.99 and was jumping with joy when I found it. It only takes two coats to be completely opaque and dries much faster than normal nail polish and with a beautiful shine. I love this product and its great!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only just discovered this color last spring and bought a few bottles of it because it is such a beautiful color it's pink with some light lavender undertones it reminds me a lot of OPI Mod About You it also reminds me of the color lipsticks I tend to use the most - I use this mostly for pedicure's but I'm thinking about using soon for my upcoming vacation and spring is near, I'm really loving all the light pinks with these undertones their so pretty and casual and really can go with any outfit especially since I wear black a lot and it works well with my blonde hair. Worth buying I have already re-bought a couples times

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/11/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I'm not a big fan of pinks, but this cool toned creme polish changed my mind. It's a gorgeous color with a good formula. It requires two coats to cover. I can wear it to work, yet it's also very feminine. I hope I can always get my hands on this polish, because I don't want to be without it.

on 5/5/2014 10:25:00 PM

I loved the colour in the bottle but it just didn't sit right against my skin tone. It looks amazing on my mixed half sister. She is substantially darker than me and the colour pops on her. The formulation of this polish isn't great though. Very runny. Pools in cuticles regardless of how little you use. Needs at least 2 coats, but usually more, to be fully opaque. Application is very uneven. Overall, this polish is extremely underwhelming.

on 5/25/2013 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

French Affair is a cool-toned pink with a lavender undertone. It's one of those classic pinks, and looks absolutely amazing with a layer of Kisses and Bises over the top. It's very similar to 'Mod About You' by OPI, but the latter has more of a white undertone to it, so they're not the same. Still, you can't have too many pinks! Application is okay, 2 coats and you're good to go.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go-to polish right now, very work-appropriate and classic. It goes on okay, and is just a great color. I think it will stay as a go-to color for a while.

on 10/24/2012 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is my absolute favorite Nail color ever! It is a milky pink with a undertone of lavender. It takes about 2 coats for it to become opaque. I just LOVE this color so much.

on 10/10/2012 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Beautiful milky pink color, but it stops there. It's very streaky, even after second coat. You will need at least 3 coats for opaque coverage. Takes long to dry. A bit disappointing to say the least.

on 10/3/2012 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Considering I usually love Essie pastels, this is a big disappointment. It tries to be an opaque, milky lavender-pink, but it's very very streaky and doesn't cover evenly even after two coats. I also don't like the opaque, milky finish.

French Affair is a cool, bubblegum pink cream polish. It's super cute and girly on my nails but I have such a love-hate relationship with it, mostly because of the formula issues.

The polish applies very streaky and typically takes 4 costs to even out. It also has an unusually long dry time and tends to bubble because of the awkward formula consistency. The polish itself is very thin and tends to pool on the edges of my nail. Because it requires so many coats, this results in really thick layers of polish on the sides and a lot of peeling. It is a nice opaque color but I don't have to patience to deal with French Affair. For a $7 polish, Essie dissapointed me.

Popular Polishes