OPI Step Right Up!

OPI Step Right Up!
Step Right Up!Step Right Up!Opi Step Right Up ComparisonStep Right Up!

3.8

Got this nail polish shade as a part of travel collection of nude nail polishes in smaller bottles. I was utterly disappointed. The formula is super weird, it comes across as very patchy with varying levels of coverage. To make it presentable without opacity holes, three thick layers were needed. I'm happy this one was a miniature as I have no problem throwing it out. Good riddance.

on 2/7/2018 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This appears to be discontinued.

In the bottle it is a neutral-ish tan with a hint of pink and peach. It looks like it go on opague from the bottle.

1 coat goes on a touch milky and streaky. Not terribly streaky and unworkable, but you do have to use some care. It's not a quick no-brainer on the go polish. But not horrbile like say Essie Marshmallow or Ballet Slippers. I like the color in 1 coat but as it dries some of the streaks look worse.

2 coats helps a little. It still looks a bit streaky and uneven. Even with quick dry, leveling top coat (which does help), it's not quite perfect.

3 coats seems to be best. It tends to want to "lift" with quick dry top coat though. It doesn't really apply that well overall, but some who are good with tricky polishes and formulas might be able to get it to work. I can't.

Skip this and get an easy to work with formula, like Wet N Wild's 2% Milk, Essie Allure or Madamosellie. (Not necessarily color dupes but in that same family.)

I

on 10/16/2016 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a perfect shade that compliments most skin tones. I've had many trial and errors purchasing polishes that looked white but suited a pale skin tone.

This colour is perfect! With and without a tan. It is a milky polish–so, if one pulls to many times with the nail polish brush it will streak. Two stokes of polish to cover the nail, nothing more, and it sets beautifully.

on 4/22/2016 1:17:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

My first OPI and I'm very disappointed. The color is perfect for a job interview, which is why I bought it, but after FOUR coats it is still streaky and looks a bit chalky. Medium thick coats but I can still see the nail tips. My fault for not checking with makeupalley before I bought it. It was listed as a Best Seller on the OPI shelves but I certainly won't be buying it or any other OPI again, especially as it cost about USD$15. Very sad :(

on 11/4/2014 3:07:00 PM

The website I ordered this polish from did not give any information about its opacity, which was something I needed, because had I known it was this transparent I would never have bought it. It takes three coats to get it somewhat opaque and by then it's super streaky and has this "gooey" consistency. It feels like it never properly dries, and that I'm always in danger of scratching it up. Next time I'll check the opacity before ordering.

on 2/19/2014 9:18:00 AM

Lovely color, but you need to apply 3 coats at least and it doesn't stay that long, only 3-4 days. I live in Switzerland and it costs 27$ here, it's very expensive.

Great application,not streaky at all

on 8/3/2013 4:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm a fan of OPI polishes, but not this one. The formula isn't good at all, it is streaky after two coats and chips after only one day. I also do not recommend this color to those who have warm undertones like me since it is a very pale pink (try Rimmel Salon Pro 377 Chic Chick instead, that one looks great on warm skin tones).

on 7/18/2013 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was the first OPI nail polish I bought and I'm glad I did because after a few years, this is still my favourite of their "nudes". I love it because it gives nails a subtle, clean look after a first coat, and a nice french manicure-ish look after a second one. Not too white, not too pink, not too beige, perfect. Hope they will continue to sell it, although my local store has none any more and I have to buy it from the net.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I was mixed on this color, but it's growing on me. With just 1-2 coats, it's a "your-nails-but-better" color with lots of shine. With 3 coats, it turns into a nice milky-nude color. I don't really see any hints of pink in it, though. It looks streaky upon application of the 3rd coat, but once it dries, that goes away.
The formula is great. It applies smoothly and dries quickly. It's definitely a no-fuss polish. Easy to apply and perfect for when you're in a rush and can't take forever to do your nails.

Popular Polishes