Chanel Rouge Coco Shine - Canotier

No Image

on 2/18/2013 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Very beautiful color that manages to be warm and cool at the same time. It has a warm beigey base but with an icy shimmer that is quite noticeable and yet subtle at the same time.I recommend using a little bit of natural lip liner with it. This color is very multi-dimensional and actually looks vaguely pink against my yellow NC25/30 skin, and yet the warm aspects of it make it look great on me. It's a pretty, feminine color, but somehow extremely refined and subtle. Also, the texture is really cushy and moist like a lip balm.

I think this would look great on women of any age. As I get older, I seem to look better in nude palettes, but most nude lipsticks look really flat and lifeless on me (usually because they're made to match cooler skin tones i think). It's a challenge to find really subtle colors that still give me the bang for my buck. I'm very happy with this one so far.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this as it was what the Chanel makeup director for North America, John Fussell, put on me in a makeover during a Nordstrom Beauty Event. I got so many compliments on the lips but when I got home I realized that it was the Glossimer in Bagatelle that he layered over it that gave it the punch. I still like it, but I most likely won't repurchase it.

on 4/27/2011 11:33:00 PM

Unfortunately nothing special. I really wanted to & tried to like it more than i do but the color is so sheer that it is unrecognizable without a good lipliner underneath. Entirely to expensive for what it is. I agree with the reviwer that said it was drying. just ok for me :(

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love this! I am almost strictly a lip gloss girl ~ I own a few lipsticks, mostly MAC lustres and one by Dior. I like sheerer lip color and this fits perfectly. It's a nude, shimmery beige that enhances my lips and doesn't look weird with my NW35 skin tone. Feel very smooth and slick on. I bought two of these on the Facebook launch - this one and Boy - and I love them both. I moisturize my lips continually and I never have one issue with these being dry. I have to apply often, however I am used to it. This is a gorgeous sparkling nude color for Spring!

on 4/9/2011 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I was looking for a replacement for my favorite Aqualumiere IPANEMA which is unfortunately d/c. CANOTIER is a beautiful nude, shimmery beige in the tube and looks similar to Ipanema but when applied, it is more like a glistening but not too shiny lip gloss. I don't like when you can "feel" that you're wearing lipstick but you don't with this - it is comfortable, like a lip balm. Very lightweight and no stickiness whatsoever. Gives a beautiful moisturizing sheen but not much coverage or color on pigmented lips. Still, it is flattering on the lips and if you are into true nudes to emphasize your own lip color, this is perfect for you! I am NC25-30 but I think this will flatter almost any skintone.

CANOTIER is my new HG lipstick.

on 4/8/2011 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This review is actually a 2.5: The color gets a five, the lasting time and drying effect of it, a 0. Honestly, for the price this is just not at all worth it. I have to reapply this at least once an hour-- it just kind of disappears and leaves flakes all over my lips. It's a shame, because the color (a pale, cool, sandy beige) is wonderful. Chanel honestly disappoints every time I shell out. It's a huge amount of money for a mediocre product.