Thierry Mugler Angel

3.1

on 10/31/2015 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

High priced funk in a bottle. I received a sample of Angel cream and thought it was intriguing so I ordered the perfume, lotion and shower gel. I sprayed the perfume and nearly became ill. It made me dizzy and smelled of underarms and hay. I waited and it dried down to something kind of like caramel but the hay odor was so prevalent. This was intentional as I read up on the ingredients. My husband said he was offended so I sent it back pronto. This is the weirdest scent I have smelled.

on 2/23/2015 10:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Smells like sweaty armpits oh my god

on 1/29/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Note: Please read FruitDiet and threejane's reviews of this scent (most helpful). Both are accurate and hilarious.

EDIT 3.5.14: Am I the only one who gets a weird Avon Skin So Soft vibe from this? You know, the stuff you rub on kids to keep mosquitos away. It's not unpleasant, just kind of uncanny.

Arguably the most misnamed scent of all time. Thierry Mugler's Angel is a lusty, heady fragrance. There is nothing innocent about it. It opens aggressively and intoxicates the wearer. Upon initial spray, I did not like this scent at all, yet I kept sniffing my wrist as though I couldn't help myself. For the first few hours of wear, this is a hardcore patchouli scent on me. There is something very carnal about it. It is musky and sweet. The drydown alone is worth 5 lippies IMHO. All the beautiful chocolate, vanilla, and candy notes come out and it becomes a very cozy scent, but not "cuddle with a blanket" cozy; more like "spooning after hours of sex" cozy. Despite the gourmand notes, I do not find this to be a foody scent. The sweetness is complex and transcends all the trite dessert-like perfumes out there.

Don't be fooled by the baby blue star. This is a perfume for your dark side.

on 11/17/2013 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Just like a fine wine Angel gets better with time. I have been a fan for 21 years. I had tried all of the new fragrances as they came out and went back to Angel. This is my all time signature scent. Realize that body chemistry plays a big part on how a fragrance works with each person. Angel works well with me. I have people ask me what it is and they are always surprised. I don't think they have heard of it. They probably think it is something new and rare. It is an oldie but goodie. This is my all time favorite. Someone wrote that it would take a confident women to wear Angel, we'll call me that women. I love it..

on 9/30/2013 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

I was thinking of purchasing this perfume and decided to go check it out at Macy's. IT WAS HORRIBLE. It gave me a bad headache, I just couldn't stand it. Thought I'm gonna like it based on the reviews but I got disappointed. Deffinitely not for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Angel is a pretty unique smell that I really can't compare to anything else. Although the product stirrs up a ton of controversy, it is a winner in my book! If you are looking for something overly subtle don't buy this. You will have people complimenting you all day :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I really did not mean for it to happen...heck, I've even bad-mouthed this scent for years, but lo and behold... here I am...I've fallen in love with Thierry Mugler's Angel. It all started in September, 2010. I met a special man and gradually fell in love with him. Being a perfumista, I quizzed him on his favorite "smells" hoping to identify a perfume he would enjoy smelling on me. I asked him point blank if he had a favorite perfume, and while I fully expected a typical male response of ambiguity, I was stunned when he said without hesitation: Angel. I was like "...Hmmm... okay... Angel...okay" shaking my head...LoL... It took me two months before I would budge on it, but eventually, I purchased a 1.7oz bottle of Angel eau de parfum. And, while I will admit, the top notes are "offensive nasal assault" to me... (and this is what I reacted to immediately on previous occassions), *this time*, I let it sit for a few minutes. Well, I soon discovered that the top notes do not last long on me. Anyway, by waiting just a bit after spraying, I finally discovered Angel's HEART and BASE NOTES. For me, these are the notes I care about most, since it is what lingers. Angel's heart and base are nothing short of pure perfection on my skin...warm, enveloping, sexy goodness... I am hooked...!! Chemistry is everything - I adore Angel...Who knew? It works with my chemistry and exudes a delightful sensual warmth in a way that few perfumes have done..and this is type of evolution of a fragrance is what I desire in any perfume. Now, I'm eager to try the Angel Liqueur de Parfum, as I hear it does not have the top notes of the EDP. Anyway, Angel has earned a permanent spot in my perfume collection and I will not be without it. Also, although when it comes to perfumes, I am way more concerned with the juice than the bottle, I must say, the Angel bottles - in all their star glory - are among the most beautifully creative and unique perfume bottles I have ever seen.

on 10/12/2010 9:08:00 AM