Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.0

on 7/22/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Horrible perfume , smells like men's after shave . Perfume gets worse throughout the day . Gave me the worst headache !

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

To be blunt, this scent smells disgusting on me. The top note smells like stinky cigars and cheap whiskey then the dry down turns into old stinky cigars and a filthy locker room. To say this did not mesh well with my body chemistry is a gross understatement of the decade. And to be honest, I wanted it to work for me,

on 5/28/2014 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I brought this perfume because of the hype plus they had Eva Mendez at the face of it and I love her I didn't ask the lady behind the counter to spray so I could test run it and I'm so glad I didn't because I would have went running for the hills it smell like bourbon street (am from New Orleans) anyway I got it home and was oh no I stink and jumped in the shower in vain trying to wash it off I had no such luck but about two hours later I kept smelling this warm chocolate slightly musky smell that smelled so good I was like what is that then bam it hit me it was angel the dry down sold me on this so if I want to wear this I spray it two hour before I have to go anywhere btw please be very lite handed this stuff is strong

on 6/15/2013 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This is just one of those fragrances that is hard to pin down.

The first time that I smelled it, I absolutely hated it. I was told that Angel was a gourmand, but all I smelled was super strong patchouli on my wrists. And do I mean super strong. I didn't get a single whiff of the vanilla, caramel, or chocolate notes.

Hours later, it began to change. It became sweet, but not cloyingly so. And then I loved it.

I tested it for a week before I finally bought a bottle. I still don't know how to describe to people, but now I understand why it is either loved or hated it with no between.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

OMG! I soo love this fragrance! It's one of my faves,very unique...I actually didn't know it was that old till I read some of the reviews..as it doesn't smell old ladyish at all. And I brought my mommy "Star":) now that's a lil to loud for me,but Angel is just the right amount of pretty.

on 7/27/2012 4:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is for sure a love it or hate it fragrance. I love it in moderation. I think that most people who wear this one overdo it and then complain about the strength of it. If you use it sparingly, then it can be quite alluring. It has a sinful chocolate smell that is mesmerizing. However, only wear this one in cold weather. It is not a summertime fragrance at all. Someone who works with me over-uses this and also uses it in the summertime, and it can be quite killer!! OMG...strong enough that you don't need to pair it up with matching body products. So that I don't become a sillage monster, I always wear this one by applying sparingly with a Q-Tip. The bottle is so cute. Love the star that lays down on my dresser. Makes a nice gift for someone too with that presentation of the star.

on 2/18/2012 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is terrible. Let me tell you why. I would never want to describe something as being "old lady-ish." I don't think there is anything wrong with being old. However, I will say that can't see a high school girl wearing this fragrance. When I tried it, I was in college and even then, I thought I wasn't mature enough to wear it. With that being said, I would hope that women older than college age women would have better taste than to wear this crap. When first sprayed, it is so strong that it made my eyes water. It stayed that way for a few hours, then slowly I began to smell the so-called "gourmand" scent in it. As others have said, it smells like chocolate, but the chocolate scent is so unmemorable that you begin to wonder why you didn't just wash it off after it made your eyes burn. There is simply nothing exciting or unique about this particular chocolate scent. Skip this fragrance and just get something cheap at Victoria's Secret.

on 11/11/2011 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

used to be my favorite perfume of all times few years back... used to save my pocket money to get the small bottle don't wear it any more as my husband HATE it... got tired of him frowning his nose each time i walked passed him, not really the desired effect. funnily enough realise that the smell is actually quite strong and nauseating when worn by others. love the bottle though.. might use it again on day with moderation..

on 9/26/2011 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

I got half a dozen sample-sized spray vials of this and spritzed some on a few minutes ago... I'm not happy at all. I am only writing about the top notes, I guess- will have to wait for the drydown. I'm hoping (maybe against hope) that this would pleasantly surprise me like Mariah Carey's M recently did, because all I'm smelling now is a whole lotta patchouli, pepper and alcohol. Nothing else.

Update: It's been four hours since I first sprayed this on- the smell isn't as strong now, and I can smell slight chocolate and other notes in there, but it's still too strong for me!

on 8/19/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I'm on the fence about this fragrance. It's so harsh smelling when you put it on. You nearly gag and your eyes water. But then, it dries, and you then smell beautiful... and expensive. Whenever I wear this frangrance, I can still smell it on my clothes (or anything else that was near by when I sprayed it), and generally, after a few hours, the smell is rather pleasant. Although I usually layer my fragrance with the matching body lotion, this perfume is so strong, that putting it on over lotion would be way too overpowering. You only need two quick sprays of when wearing this fragrance. I really like the staying power, but dislike the overwhelming scent this fragrance is at times.

Popular Fragrances