Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by skin tone : Olive age: 18 & Under
Thierry Mugler  Angel

2.7

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this scent.

Although I can understand how there are so many bad reviews - this really isn't a scent you need to use too much of - ONE small spray, please. I honestly think that some people dislike Angel because some idiot has probably sprayed almost the entire bottle over her clothes. No. Just no. Please, if you want to wear Angel, then do it justice and use very sparingly.
Anyway. Rant over.

Regarding the scent itself, I use the Eau de Parfum and have been obsessed with it ever since I first tried it.

This perfume is incredibly popular in Spain - whenever I go over to visit relatives I recognise this on so many girls in the street. It just smells gorgeous in summer - as I'm writing this I can picture Seville in the really hot months - and this scent conjures up loud, buzzing nights. This is a very mediterranean perfume - we tend to like the stronger scents, that leave a bit of a trail. I would say this is very unmistakeable, and an absolute masterpiece.

The overall composition is sweet. Yes, it is a gourmand, but not one that I find too sickly or offensive. You will not actually smell like a dessert while wearing this, despite all of the rich, almost edible notes - it's too complex to come across as a chocolate pudding/sugarbomb attack on the nose, because of the patchouli that serves as a base. I definitely get a strong, immediate hit of honey, red fruits, cotton candy and dark, dark chocolate - which I am slightly obsessed by.

I always feel great while wearing this. It's so warming and exotic. And yes, you may have
heard, men adore this scent. It really is an aphrodisiac. A kind of smell that you want to snuggle up to or savour - I always find myself sniffing my wrist because I'm craving more of its sensual, heady goodness. But it has to be on the right skin and body chemistry. If Angel doesn't suit you, then you'll probably know about it very quickly from other people's reactions, which could put some people off and explain the bad reviews. But please, I repeat, don't give Angel a bad name by wearing it if it doesn't suit you. That's just encouraging any bad rep for such a wonderful product.

So, if you're feeling like you want to try Angel, ease into it with just a single spray and you might be surprised. It really is like nothing I have ever smelt before or since. My firm favourite - the good news is it's quite economical despite it being more expensive than a lot of other perfumes. It's definitely an investment buy. This is because you need such a tiny amount due to the incredible sillage and longevity. I can spray this once onto my wrist, dab it onto the other one, rub my wrists behind my ears and on my neck, then I'm good to go - and, unbelievably, I can still smell it the next day. All day. So, if you like the smell, this is good news. If you don't, then it could be a bitch to scrub off in the shower. While I'm wearing it I tend to feel like it's quite a confident, sexy, rich, deep and complex scent - not the typical watered-down fruity crap that so many unfortunately misguided girls wear now. No, this is proper perfume - a classic scent.

I also adore the most recent campaign for this with Eva Mendes. She really suits the vibe of the perfume and just embodies its confident, strong but also really feminine and classic appeal. I would definitely picture somebody like her wearing this scent. I don't know why but I really feel this suits Hispanic women (probably because it reminds me of the thousands of girls who wear this in Spain). It just conjures up dark hair, tans and summertime.

The bottle is also great - very pretty on my dresser, I have the little blue star and I love the fact that the juice is coloured. Everything about this product, from the scent to the marketing is stylish and luxurious.

Try it, and if it doesn't work for you, then leave it alone. But if it does, then you'll be very lucky to enjoy such a gorgeous, unique smell.

on 2/19/2013 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I was looking for a new perfume and checked this out because I'd heard some hype about it. At the Macy's counter I sprayed about half a spray onto my wrist, barely any at all. At first it smelled slightly off... almost like urine. But it only smelled that way for about a minute, and once it had settled into my skin, it was the best perfume I had ever smelled. I'm no good at describing fragrances, but overall this is a musky woodsy scent with just enough sweetness. Throughout the day I could smell it strongly, and even into the following day, just from that one spray!
As far as price goes it is expensive for the amount you get but a tiny bit goes a looong way. It's definitely worth it in my opinion.
I don't really judge perfumes by their bottles, but I'm not crazy about the star bottle, it's not really my taste.
Overall this is my new signiature scent... I can't get enough!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

UGH!! Awful! Angel just smells overwhelmingly musky and spicy to me; I can't even discern any chocolate/berry notes. It's so strong, concentrated, and long-lasting. This perfume is definitely not for those who like to smell good.

*Side note* I like the packaging, though. An adorable bottle to have on your dresser.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The scent is really nice but very heavy! The scent lasts a long time. It's a little chocolatey and to be honest, I wouldn't buy this again, it's definitely not a day time perfume.

I don't like the way the bottle refuses to stand. I gave this to my mum.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

*update: i waited for the drydown..and it was pretty. like Dior's Pure Poison, with a twist. bumping it up to 3 lippies*

I took one sniff and had the urge to throw up.
Literally, I was nauseous.

I took another sniff {give it a chance}, then a third & fourth..
Vomit-inducing.
Yuck yuck yuck.

I'm sure it'd smell amazing on some people..not on me though.. I'm not discounting the good reviews, I'm just saying..maybe it's a personal problem..maybe I'm allergic to an ingredient..but I HATE this fragrance.

on 11/21/2008 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This smell makes me feel sick, when I'm wearing it or when someone else wears it (namelly, my mother). It smells fine in the bottle though and the cream version is decent.

on 6/28/2008 8:03:00 PM

In November last year I had to endure a prolonged stay at my boyfriend's parents house in Brazil & in an effort to cheer up my scowling grumpy face my beloved decided to buy me a present. In a truly inspired moment he opted to buy me a bottle of Thierry Muglers Angel. Now I have a deep-seated love of chocolate and I am also fond of trying out new perfumes; so my boyfriend thought he had hit the jackpot when the sales girl convinced him that this was THE perfume to have, as it smelled of chocolate. I think he realised he had got the booby prize, however, when his credit card all but snapped under the cost of the stuff.

On opening the perfume I was enchanted by the exquisite star shaped bottle made from chunky glass and topped with a silver stopper.
I squirted a generous amount to the pulse spot on my wrist & immediately the base notes of vanilla & chocolate were distinctly noticeable and they mixed together wonderfully into a warm buttery, sweet, comforting smell. The base note of patchouli came through slightly later & added a rich earthy yet slightly fruity note. After about 3 minutes of wear the top notes of Bergamot and citrus came through & blended together well to give a faint orangey citrus aroma. All in all I found the smell to be warm and sensuous yet sweet and comforting.

Now whilst I had been enjoying the experience of my new sultry perfume, my boyfriend had sauntered off to the kitchen to get some coffee...once back he put his cup on the bedside cabinet & proceeded to turn to the sports pages in the paper (why oh why do men always do that?). Not for long though, Uuuuuuuurgh he wrinkled his nose, whats that horrible smell? Now I have always known that he didnt have the makings of Sherlock Holmes but surely it was elementary even to him!
What smell, dear? I asked in an innocent voice.

Thatthaturgh its like a sickly sour milk smell.

Is it your coffee?

He all but dipped his nose into his cup and inhaled deeply, No.that smells ok..whatever it is its really getting up my nose.
& so it went on.

It wasnt until he kissed me goodnight that he realised that the smell he found so objectionable was coming from me and was directly from the very expensive present he had bought me.

Angel was created in 1992 by Thierry Mugler & is supplied in an asymmetrical star shaped refillable bottle due to the design the bottle has to lie flat. As the beautiful bottle is refillable it works out be an economical way to keep stocked up on this perfume. The refill is supplied in an upright bottle with a star shaped lid; this bottle could actually be used in the normal way although it isnt supplied with a spray but if pennies are a consideration then this is a cheaper alternative.

I think Angel is a perfume that you either love or hate instantly. Personally I loved its sweet, creamy aroma and I thought the smell was indeed heavenly with its carefully blended ingredients. The smell can be quite over powering if used too liberally, I find one spray to the wrist is usually enough and will last all day long. I don't think it has age limitations - I'm 18 & I don't find it too young or mature for me. The boyfriend, on the other hand, absolutely hates it. Even if I use only the tiniest of amounts and with this perfume less really is more the smell really seems to aggravate his delicate nasal lining. Its a good job he isnt playing in the European championships it looks like he has scored an own goal!

The perfume is available at most department stores. It can also be purchased online at www.perfume.com 25ml 34.54/50 ml 43.60

UPDATE:- I've gone right off this perfume now. It smells of body odour...terrible.

on 3/31/2007 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I hated this product the first time I got a sample of it. I thought it smelt like pinetrees and dirt. So I can really see why other people don't like it. But I love it now! It's so unique and you can tell what it is from a mile away! Excellent staying power as well! The only problem is I hate the bottle with a PASSION.

on 11/2/2002 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.i tried this in Boots and it really made me feel sick,it is not at all feminine.i smelt like i smothered myself in chocolate and gasoline.ewwwwwwwwwwww

on 12/20/2001 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This scent smells great on other people but it did not work with my body chemistry. I recently received a sample and It smelled good when I first put it on but the dry down was horrible. You should try a sample of this scent (or any for that matter) before you buy it because I doesn't smell great with everyone's body chemistry.

Popular Fragrances