Thierry Mugler Angel

2.9

on 1/15/2017 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Angel in all its glory works wonders on my sisters skin. Her chemistry and Angel are a match made in heaven. And because of that, I can experience its unique and addicting profile. Her skin turns Angel into the gooey, caramel and dark chocolate heaven it's meant to be. It's quite delicious.

Angel always reminds me of a stripper perfume. No negative connotations intended. I imagine a stripper/dancer wearing this to work. Knowing she's fierce, beautiful and confident. It's so sticky and heavy but free spirited and hot.

A girl who wears and rocks Angel is not one to be messed with. I imagine only the most radical girls wearing this fragrance to death. And I am so jealous if this works on your skin. Angel is a delicious masterpiece.

on 2/1/2016 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This smells terrible!

on 5/10/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Heavy, cloying, and headache-inducing. Good thing I didn't eat anything because I'd be upchucking right about now.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love this scent.

Although I can understand how there are so many bad reviews - this really isn't a scent you need to use too much of - ONE small spray, please. I honestly think that some people dislike Angel because some idiot has probably sprayed almost the entire bottle over her clothes. No. Just no. Please, if you want to wear Angel, then do it justice and use very sparingly.
Anyway. Rant over.

Regarding the scent itself, I use the Eau de Parfum and have been obsessed with it ever since I first tried it.

This perfume is incredibly popular in Spain - whenever I go over to visit relatives I recognise this on so many girls in the street. It just smells gorgeous in summer - as I'm writing this I can picture Seville in the really hot months - and this scent conjures up loud, buzzing nights. This is a very mediterranean perfume - we tend to like the stronger scents, that leave a bit of a trail. I would say this is very unmistakeable, and an absolute masterpiece.

The overall composition is sweet. Yes, it is a gourmand, but not one that I find too sickly or offensive. You will not actually smell like a dessert while wearing this, despite all of the rich, almost edible notes - it's too complex to come across as a chocolate pudding/sugarbomb attack on the nose, because of the patchouli that serves as a base. I definitely get a strong, immediate hit of honey, red fruits, cotton candy and dark, dark chocolate - which I am slightly obsessed by.

I always feel great while wearing this. It's so warming and exotic. And yes, you may have
heard, men adore this scent. It really is an aphrodisiac. A kind of smell that you want to snuggle up to or savour - I always find myself sniffing my wrist because I'm craving more of its sensual, heady goodness. But it has to be on the right skin and body chemistry. If Angel doesn't suit you, then you'll probably know about it very quickly from other people's reactions, which could put some people off and explain the bad reviews. But please, I repeat, don't give Angel a bad name by wearing it if it doesn't suit you. That's just encouraging any bad rep for such a wonderful product.

So, if you're feeling like you want to try Angel, ease into it with just a single spray and you might be surprised. It really is like nothing I have ever smelt before or since. My firm favourite - the good news is it's quite economical despite it being more expensive than a lot of other perfumes. It's definitely an investment buy. This is because you need such a tiny amount due to the incredible sillage and longevity. I can spray this once onto my wrist, dab it onto the other one, rub my wrists behind my ears and on my neck, then I'm good to go - and, unbelievably, I can still smell it the next day. All day. So, if you like the smell, this is good news. If you don't, then it could be a bitch to scrub off in the shower. While I'm wearing it I tend to feel like it's quite a confident, sexy, rich, deep and complex scent - not the typical watered-down fruity crap that so many unfortunately misguided girls wear now. No, this is proper perfume - a classic scent.

I also adore the most recent campaign for this with Eva Mendes. She really suits the vibe of the perfume and just embodies its confident, strong but also really feminine and classic appeal. I would definitely picture somebody like her wearing this scent. I don't know why but I really feel this suits Hispanic women (probably because it reminds me of the thousands of girls who wear this in Spain). It just conjures up dark hair, tans and summertime.

The bottle is also great - very pretty on my dresser, I have the little blue star and I love the fact that the juice is coloured. Everything about this product, from the scent to the marketing is stylish and luxurious.

Try it, and if it doesn't work for you, then leave it alone. But if it does, then you'll be very lucky to enjoy such a gorgeous, unique smell.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This perfume smells like you went into Sephora and sprayed no less than 10 fragrances on you at once. Also the sillage is extremely high and just a small drop is known to induce headaches for you and everyone you come into contact with.

on 2/19/2013 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I was looking for a new perfume and checked this out because I'd heard some hype about it. At the Macy's counter I sprayed about half a spray onto my wrist, barely any at all. At first it smelled slightly off... almost like urine. But it only smelled that way for about a minute, and once it had settled into my skin, it was the best perfume I had ever smelled. I'm no good at describing fragrances, but overall this is a musky woodsy scent with just enough sweetness. Throughout the day I could smell it strongly, and even into the following day, just from that one spray!
As far as price goes it is expensive for the amount you get but a tiny bit goes a looong way. It's definitely worth it in my opinion.
I don't really judge perfumes by their bottles, but I'm not crazy about the star bottle, it's not really my taste.
Overall this is my new signiature scent... I can't get enough!

on 12/14/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This fragrance is my all time favorite.
For years I had worn the usual (Este Lauder, Chanel, Dior etc..). One day I decided to try a new perfume, finding this one, which I thought had a very original and particular smell. Ever since I've worn it, people compliment me and ask me what I'm wearing... Even men!!
I agree with the other reviews that Angel has a strong smell but you just have to wear only a little bit and let it blend in your skin.
I'm proud to say this is my signature perfume :)
Original, witty, and lasts the whole day (from personal experience, very rare with a lot of perfumes...). Go and try it!

on 12/10/2012 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have been wearing Angel for fifteen years and receive nothing but compliments. A lot of people think it is too strong and over powering. It isnt, you just need to know how much to use. 2 small squirts and walk into it or one healthy squirt and walk into it. You also need to give it a little time to settle (about 30 - 45 minutes.) Get a sample from the fragrance counter and give it a tryit really is a beautiful. Sometimes, I will do 2 small squirts of Angel followed by a small squirt of Alien. (People, even strangers will ask me what I am wearing; I dont want to give away my secret so I make something up)

on 6/13/2012 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Probably the best perfume in the past twenty years. It's love it or hate it, very few people feel neutral so sample it before you buy.

on 5/22/2012 1:51:00 PM

got this as a gift. love the scent. packaging is a pain in the a, and its hard to travel with because of its awkward & bulky shape. plus, the actual perfume is super pricey so im glad i got it as a gift. the pro's are that the scent stays pretty much all day, which is a problem i have with perfumes not having a lot of staying power. i will use my bottle sparingly until it is finished, but probably wont be repurchasing with my own money because the pricetag is a deterrent. but its a high quality product.

Popular Fragrances