Thierry Mugler Angel Eau de Parfum

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Thierry Mugler  Angel Eau de Parfum

3.2

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Oooh I love this fragrance...even though Thierry Mugler 'Angel' is quite an old perfume, I can still relate to this in many ways. My mom used to wear this on a daily basis from about 2006 or was it 2005 (?) until very recently. My grandmother was also a big fan and used to spritz this on her neck before heading to her work place every morning. Even my ex used to wear this (well to be specific the 'A'men - male version of Angel haha).

Following the family tradition, I used to spray this too before heading to my office every week day. I loved the smell of this (very unique - tonka bean, vanilla, etc) as it was unlike any other scent out there. Even now, having had a sniff of so many generic fragrances in the department stores, there is something about Angel that sets it apart from the many run-of-the-mill fragrances out there. I would re-purchase this in a heartbeat - not just for the sake of nostalgia lol, but because there is nothing else that smells remotely like this. When you wear this you can be near-sure that you will be the only one in your location who is wearing anything in the same vein. it is definitely in a league of its own! And for that it is one of my all-time faves!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 8/8/2018 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

1992. Since then nothing else!
Its a permume that you will love it or hate it, Thats Angel and suits to a very specific type of women. Does not suit to fragile, delicate women. Its a hard scent full of vanilla, chocolate and a taste of outer space, something out of earth, a strange bitter hard scent mixed with wet soil. Thats how I can describe with words this perfume.
Its glorius to wear it and walk proud knowing that everybody can smell that you are near by. Not all men like it. The ones who love Barbies they hate it. The ones who prefer wild cats love it. Thats what my 25 years experience says.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hate it! The smell is thick and heavy. Although it doesn't smell like the "Poison" perfume, it has that heaviness.

on 8/13/2015 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

as a fan of sweet, candy type of perfumes, i'm surprised i don't like this. the lasting power is excellent as i prefer to have my scents with strong sillage too. but there is some note in this that ruins it for me. i can't quite put my finger on it. alien will remain my favourite Thierry scent

on 6/22/2014 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

These other reviews are great and funny. I never would have described Angel as smelling like weed or shit or death. More like warm, spicy honey. But I do realize it is polarizing. I didn't like it at first, smelling it on a sample card. But after receiving a sample on a shopping trip with my MIL, I learned that she hates Angel. So I decided to give it another try! ;)
I like the way it smells on my skin, warm and sweet. But after reading these reviews, I have noticed that it wears down to a dirt-like smell. Not an earthy potting-soil type of smell. Just dirty, dirt. But I personally never notice that undertone at first. And I change perfumes nearly everyday, so it never has much time to wear down that much or stick around. So I enjoy what I notice; the honey, vanilla, carmel, maybe a bit of bergamot. If it offends someone else's nose, well, that's just kind of a bonus!

on 10/30/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Patchouli overboard. If you like strong patchouli in your perfume then go ahead. It's not for me.

on 10/30/2013 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

After reading probably hundreds of reviews about this perfume and the very mixed reactions, I decided I just had to have it (it was also on sale via Groupon so I figured, even if I didn't love it, I didn't pay full retail for it so no harm, no foul). I was so excited upon receiving it in the mail, ripped open the box at my work, and my coworkers literally made fun of me after they watched me take a big wiff and cringe. It smells horrendous straight from the bottle. It smelled as if I dumped mouth wash on a Christmas tree and then of course, all my coworkers just had to smell it after my reaction and then they made fun of me some more for spending money on something so awful. Then, something magical happened. I sprayed it on a couch and I seriously instantly fell in love. It was sweet and sugary and unique and so in-your-face that it can't be ignored. I sometimes spray it on my bed in the morning and then when I go to lay down at night I'm swept away by it's beauty. I tried it the next day on my own skin and for about an hour I hated it but as it dried down, it became so saccharin and enchanting and because I now know that I like the dry down of this perfume, I spray it on sometimes a few hours before I even leave to go anywhere, just so I don't douse people's noses with it. So, here's why I won't buy it again. A) It will take me forever to run out of it because I used it VERY sparingly and I don't wear it daily. B) I will probably never spend the actual retail value on it because its super pricey, and with my perfume addiction, I don't tend to splurge on any single perfume.

So, all in all, it's not my favorite but I by no means hate it. I will also note that I LOVE perfume and wear perfume every day and this particular one is not for the inexperienced or faint of heart. I would never ever get this as a gift for anyone or tell my friend who wears Bath and Body Works body mists to try this because, like my coworkers, they too would probably laugh at me then yell at me for suggesting they purchase such an expensive perfume. It takes a bold, confident woman to wear this and to those that do, I salute you.

on 10/18/2013 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I worked at Macy's in my late teen years working in the women/mens fragrance dept. I loved going around and smelling of the wonderful scents and figuring out which one I will buy next..I came across this cute little star bottle and sprayed it on a tester strip..Immediate headache. YUCK! This is probably the worst perfume I have ever smelled. I guess if you are older and enjoy musky scents then this might suit you, but I absolutely hate this!

on 6/10/2013 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

GROSS! so overpowering and strong EW! gives me a headache

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this perfume! I really dislike negative reviews on perfumes, because like so many people have said, perfumes turn out differently on everyone. That's not anyone's fault, but we shouldn't hurt the perfume's poor feelings because of that. :(. Anyway, yeah I love this so much! (And alien.) I can smell the chocolate well in this when I spray it. It honestly is a bit overwhelming the first time you smell it, but if you give it a chance, it's great. I can spray this and still smell it on my wrist the next day. That's what I love most about Thierry Mugler perfumes. They really are worth the price.