Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my absolute favourite, and has been since I was about 5 years old, when my aunt used to wear it!!

A lot of people are scared of its very strong scent, but if like me you sweat off anything else within 20 minutes of application, then this is for you. The scent *will* get lighter quite quickly after spraying it on, leaving you eminently smell-able but not headache-inducing at all. The scent changes as it wears off too, and goes from musky to sweet and almost chocolate-y.

Honestly will be wearing this for the rest of my days. The fact that many beauty counters will refill your bottle for you, and that you can buy refill bottles to do it yourself, makes it all the more practical.

on 6/7/2016 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Yes I am likely to buy it again despite I gave a low rating. I like that it smells different, statement-like. The problem I have with it are the lasting power and sillage. I've put 3 spritz because of the reviews. It smelled nice first few hours. Now, 6 h of wearing it I cannot detect it at all.
I bought it in Spain, at duty free, the 75 ml bottle, EDP, in case that makes a difference (bought in May 2016).
I have the same problem with Mugler's Alien, but not with Angel Muse.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Awful! Migraine in a bottle, waaaay too heavy!

You either love it or hate it. Don't judge it the next second, let it sit for a little.. You would be easily recognized by this scent.

on 12/29/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i am one of the Angel lovers, haha...I can see how some would hate it but to me it smells so good! I love a deep, warm scent in winter and this is all of that. It lasts and lasts and I just love it! It's a nineties classic! I wear it out and at night more than a daily thing but I will always have this on hand and I think I'll be wearing this in the grave!

It is STRONG so if you are easily offended by scent I would give this a pass but I encourage everybody to try it and to give it a test run. It really has to dry down and then it's wonderful. It does not work on everybody and if your not into gourmand perfumes (think: food) then this isn't for you. Very complicated and very lush.

This is one of those scents that smells amazing on one person and horrid on another (similar to what Alien can do as well) or can smell so good to one person, and not that great to another! I decided to give this another try after trying the EDT and it being so not good on me...the EDP however smells amazing on me! I worked with a woman who wore this, I'm pretty sure she wears the EDT and it smells so nice on her, my chemistry just argues with it and goes super hella powdery weird on me. I was so pleased by the way the EDP wares on me though - it's creamy, sweet, cozy..with just a touch of spiciness! I feel if you wear gourmand fragrances and can pull off warm vanilla scents, and you're maybe looking for something a tad different, give this one a try. I recommend trying both the EDP and EDT as they can be slightly different than the other. It's definitely not a fragrance that everyone or anyone can wear.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

If there were an intelligent species of alien who viewed us as mindless vermin, much as we view cockroaches, then the poisoned bait they'd strew across the planet in a desperate attempt to exterminate us would doubtless smell very much like Angel.

---

I don't much care for it when people talk about being nauseated by fragrances (unless they really do mean that it causes a literal physical reaction in them, like a migraine or an allergic response). Saying that something smells so bad that it makes you sick...it just seems a little tactless to me, you know? I mean, you're basically telling people who like and wear the fragrance that you think they smell gross. It's just not very polite.

So please understand that when I say that Angel turns my stomach, I am not using that phrase as a shorthand for claiming that I think it smells bad (or that you smell bad while wearing it). On the contrary, Angel smells...well, it smells both good *and* bad to me, both tasty and inedible, and that's the combination that causes all the trouble. It's that particular combination of edible/poisonous that triggers nausea in me, as if it causes some primal part of my lizard brain to wake up and start screaming in alarm. It's a combination that doesn't register so much as offensive or "icky" to me as it does as actively *dangerous,* because that combination of "Yummy...oh, no, but wait--" is the sign of food gone bad, a warning of incipient food poisoning. Or even worse, perhaps it's the smell of deliberate *bait.* It's the evil witch's gingerbread house, the sweetness down the gullet of the Venus Flytrap, the urban legend's Halloween apples with razor blades hidden inside of them. It's an Admiral Ackbar sort of thing: one whiff, and every nerve in my body starts screaming "No, don't go near it! It's a TRAAAAAAP!" It's tainted candy, poisoned honey, chocolate laced with arsenic. If there's amber here, then we are the flies.

Angel is to me what I imagine a delicious-looking wriggling worm with a barbed hook sticking through it might be to a sapient fish. Uhhh, yeah. You guys can have that one all to yourselves, thanks. I...I really wasn't hungry anyway.

on 10/18/2015 4:55:00 AM

I think craigdw2 's review echoed my feelings exactly!

If you wear Angel and it suits you, then you can't wear anything else. It's love at first smell!

I was at a shop and my ex smelled me from afar and followed the scent to come find me. And that was 3 years after we had broken up. It was such a funny but sweet moment. It's a scent that stays with you and becomes part of you.

I have come to terms with that perfume being my "one" and don't even bother trying any other anymore.

I will most probably die wearing Angel.

on 2/21/2015 5:31:00 PM

I am wearing this tonight, a romantic and snowy winter evening while I make a lobster bisque. People have gotten this perfume all wrong by wearing it out to various inappropriate public places, such as offices, church, stores and restaurants. No, no, no. We all know there are wonderful things you can experience in the privacy of your home that would be disgusting anywhere else. Hence the negative reviews.This is meant for romantic winter evenings only and it is sublime. Not just sublime, indispensable. Don't be afraid of the price, it will pay for itself.

I love this perfume, I wear it almost everyday. The scent isnt for everyone though, it is a very musky strong perfume that WILL last all day. I smelled this perfume on another person a year ago and I had to have it. This perfume does smell like a sophisticated cologne with a female twist. Shoppers now has refillables at their stores for this perfume, which makes it cheaper. The only thing I do not like about the product is that it doesnt stand up, it lays flat.

Popular Fragrances