Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

on 10/13/2018 5:03:00 AM

You will either love or hate this one, there is no inbetween. To me, this is the sexiest sofistication in a bottle. It is dark, bold, sweet, musky, earthy, deeply erotic. The sillage is amazing, use VERY sparingly, otherwise it will turn into headaches. The lingering scent the next couple of days is even more intoxicating, I can't stop sniffing myself :-) But.. it is definitely not aimed at fragile, sensitive, shy, romantic types who like delicate, flowery or fresh, citrusy scents. It compliments a bold, sexy, confident, mysterious, strong woman who knows what she wants and goes for it. If you are one of them, men will go crazy around you, it is a dangerous seduction weapon :-)

I couldn't rate this bad just because it didn't work on me because it is an important perfume. On me on the opening it was Ok at first because it was just the patchouli note. But then it got terrible as it was drying down. It smelt like rubber on me I couldn't believe it but it did. Strange because I have the 06 or 08 extrait and I love that. Its a patchouli, chocolate, vanilla, caramel mixed in are some floral and it smells amazing.

So I will keep the extrait and will either sell or swap my 1.7 ounce bottle of this because sadly it just doesn't work on me. I could not write a oh this smells so bad and just bash it because that's not cool. I see it on other sites and I don't like it. If you dislike something there's a way to say it. Anyway sillage and longevity are excellent with this. I think the dry down is amazing but I wonder if it smells the way I do to other people and I just don't want to take that risk to find out.

All in all this is a pioneer in the gourmand world of fragrance, without Angel who knows what that catagory would be like. So I'm super glad this is around and if you can't wear Angel like me try Muse its amazing chocolate heaven with vetiver it truly is an excellent choice.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not for the faint of heart. I guess my love of this is due to my association of being in Santorini and Dublin on my honeymoon so perhaps I’m biased. But if you love a spicy and bold vibe, this is your jam. I love the intensity when I first apply it as well as the lingering scent the next day. My other go-to’s are Chanel coco mademoiselle (more so in the winter) Burberry Brit and Clean Smoked Vetiver.

on 11/22/2017 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

ORIGINAL 1 STAR REVIEW
I'm an infamous mediator. I see both sides to everything, so this highly polarizing fragrance drew too much curiousity to pass up! Surely people were exaggerating, and it's not something you either LOVE or you HATE? The top selling fragrance in the world, surely the haters were just rebelling against the popularity of an otherwise decent perfume?

I braced myself, applied one spritz, and was hit with a strong bug spray, Christmas tree, and soap smell. I perserved. An hour in, the patchouli settles down and the honey, foody notes start peeking through. It stays like this till end on me. While people complain that this smells ''dirty'' to me it smells clean. Far too clean.

At no point did I feel angelic or beautiful. If anything, it is as if I was a very naughty girl who was punished for eating too many sweets by having my mouth washed out with soap. The soap with the bare trace of the sweets is exactly how this smells. Any temptation that the gourmand might provoke is dashed with the soapy notes, and not in a sexy teasing way, a very WRONG way. Like this is something that will kill you if you eat it. I absolutely agree with another reviewer that said that the combination of edible + inedible is nauseating. And not in the rude way, the actual stomach-turning way.

So there you have it. I wanted to like this or at the very least see the good and bad equally, but this is just... bad. I genuinely wish I could smell the beautiful sweet notes that everyone who loves it professes to smell. Oh well! I'm convinced that most people who love it had to acquire the taste. Considering I don't believe I've smelled this on anyone before in my life, at least rest assured that you will smell unique.

EDIT: Okay, so I tried this again, making sure to diffuse the fragrance over a large area of the body instead of concentrating a spray. Definitely feeling more sweet notes, a general softer feel to it, no pine tree, no bug spray. This is a spray-once-and-walk-through-naked fragrance. Gave it an extra lippie because I can KIND OF see the appeal now.

EDIT2: Gosh, I keep improving the score. Definitely don't spray this concentrated on your wrists or elbows and sniff yourself to judge the fragrance. Be brave on a day in and spread a small spray over your forearms. Notice the sillage instead of sniffing up close. Definitely have a more balanced opinion now! Mature, chocolatey, vanilla-y yummyness. Still not a fan of the patch but it doesn't feature as heavily when thinly applied.

EDIT3: Idk what happened, the stinkbomb made me love it! At any rate it's perfect for Christmas. I actually wore it outside today after a snowstorm and it was perfect. I just made sure to put it on an hour before.

The scent reminds me of getting a hug from my rich aunt (I believe she wore original Shalimar) while at a birthday party full of sweets and good times. The patch features, but balances out the sweet notes with spiciness/smoke/cleanliness after one hour of sparse skin wear.

Angel is a dominatrix. She will beat you, assault you, and just when you've given up, AND NOT A MOMENT SOONER, she will show you the glory of God. Vera Wang Princess is the soft, kind, unoffensive version of Angel. But Queen Angel has her place when you need to show your authority and strength. Respect her majesty, apply carefully and only in appropriate situations where you need the strength, and you will be rewarded with amazing comfort while you Take Control of Shit.

Sometimes, you need to smell like a rich white lady with questionable, but expensive taste, in order to feel in control and taken seriously.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my absolute favourite, and has been since I was about 5 years old, when my aunt used to wear it!!

A lot of people are scared of its very strong scent, but if like me you sweat off anything else within 20 minutes of application, then this is for you. The scent *will* get lighter quite quickly after spraying it on, leaving you eminently smell-able but not headache-inducing at all. The scent changes as it wears off too, and goes from musky to sweet and almost chocolate-y.

Honestly will be wearing this for the rest of my days. The fact that many beauty counters will refill your bottle for you, and that you can buy refill bottles to do it yourself, makes it all the more practical.

on 6/7/2016 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Yes I am likely to buy it again despite I gave a low rating. I like that it smells different, statement-like. The problem I have with it are the lasting power and sillage. I've put 3 spritz because of the reviews. It smelled nice first few hours. Now, 6 h of wearing it I cannot detect it at all.
I bought it in Spain, at duty free, the 75 ml bottle, EDP, in case that makes a difference (bought in May 2016).
I have the same problem with Mugler's Alien, but not with Angel Muse.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Awful! Migraine in a bottle, waaaay too heavy!

You either love it or hate it. Don't judge it the next second, let it sit for a little.. You would be easily recognized by this scent.

on 12/29/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i am one of the Angel lovers, haha...I can see how some would hate it but to me it smells so good! I love a deep, warm scent in winter and this is all of that. It lasts and lasts and I just love it! It's a nineties classic! I wear it out and at night more than a daily thing but I will always have this on hand and I think I'll be wearing this in the grave!

It is STRONG so if you are easily offended by scent I would give this a pass but I encourage everybody to try it and to give it a test run. It really has to dry down and then it's wonderful. It does not work on everybody and if your not into gourmand perfumes (think: food) then this isn't for you. Very complicated and very lush.

This is one of those scents that smells amazing on one person and horrid on another (similar to what Alien can do as well) or can smell so good to one person, and not that great to another! I decided to give this another try after trying the EDT and it being so not good on me...the EDP however smells amazing on me! I worked with a woman who wore this, I'm pretty sure she wears the EDT and it smells so nice on her, my chemistry just argues with it and goes super hella powdery weird on me. I was so pleased by the way the EDP wares on me though - it's creamy, sweet, cozy..with just a touch of spiciness! I feel if you wear gourmand fragrances and can pull off warm vanilla scents, and you're maybe looking for something a tad different, give this one a try. I recommend trying both the EDP and EDT as they can be slightly different than the other. It's definitely not a fragrance that everyone or anyone can wear.

Popular Fragrances