Thierry Mugler Angel

Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm really on the fence with this one. So many strong, often contradicting notes. And when I say strong, this is Burberry level, fill-the room strong. I initially tried this when ten or so samples popped up in my magazines, and even with it's weirdness I find it alluring. Hard to stop coming back to, but not something to pick up without testing first.

The good: The samples came in a very unique cardboard spray package, and while I prefer the tall thin bottle to the star shaped packaging, it is refillable, and for that it gets 5 stars on packaging. The scent itself has some very strong notes, with patchouli, bergamot and sandalwood battling it out only to mellow into the gourmand and fruity side of things. There's a lot going on in this, but I love bergamot and nothing I own is quite like this.

The bad: This is too strong to wear around lots of people, I prefer it in cooler weather, this is definitely not a daily scent for me but something I reach for when I want drama.

The ugly: I've never worn another fragrance that is quite as polarizing. People either really love or really hate this.

on 11/22/2017 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Uhg, my Mom loves this stuff. I'm not familiar with scent notes, but this stuff is STRONG and not in a nice way. Really not a fan.

on 5/12/2014 9:35:00 PM

I've heard about this scent for so lonxg and every time i smelled it at sephora i just couldn't believe anyone would buy this. It just smelled terrible! So strong and (forgive me) "old lady ish". Just terrible. Fast forward a few years, my teacher wears this and she always smelled so good. I didn't realize it was this until I dared myself to sniff it again at ulta one day and it smelled like her! And all of a sudden, i can't get enough of this. Now I smell the patchouli. Now I smell the chocolate....and holy crap, it's incredible. I cannot get enough of it! I bought the EDT and love it but wanted to also try the EDP which I love even more. The first few minutes you spray this on it smells wayyyyyyy strong but give it 5 minutes and it will be so worth it.

on 11/9/2012 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've never met a fragrance that confused me as much as Angel. One tiny spray from a sample vial and I could practically see the halo of Angel's reach, like I'd sprayed radium on my arm. This actually confuses my brain: smells like pine and candy! Smells like a chemical spill! Smells good! Smells bad! Ultimately, I found a tiny drop both enticing and nauseating. The high rating is because I don't run into perfumes that make me think very often. But I don't think I could ever actually wear this.

on 11/7/2012 2:14:00 AM

Would i buy this again not no but hell no. My husband got this for me after i pointed it out and said id heard so many good things about. So imagine my suprise when i get my brand new fragrance baby home open it for that first spray and wait for the drydown.........and then wth it smells like BO!! What? Not possible so thinking omg is it me?!?! I jump in the shower get out and try again...and no absolutely not. Its my brand new full bottle of perfume. My husband hated it so much he threw it in the trash himself. Id still love to try alien though, maybe we will get along better.

on 10/21/2012 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Since it's Release in 1992 Angel has been Revered Repeled Idolised Scroutinized Critizised for it's Synthtic Aesthetics
Angel Has to be the most Misunderstood Heroine of Perfumery, Is this all Doom and Gloom for Angel?' Perhaps
But Mr Mugler Doesn't go by Convention and Angel is his Dopelganger, A Perfume for People who think outside
the Box, The Notes of Angel is Beyond Complex It's more i can say an Epic Like the Odyssey or the Maharbharata
The Notes are like the pages of a Book that needs to be Discypher for Knowlege.
Angel opens with Patchouli adds a Brief Smoky touch A Tinge of Incense Finishes the Top, The Drydown
we get a Mixture of Pineapple and Orange In a Few Minutes Angel Turns in a Gormet Fantasy of Different
Layers Of Chocolate Dark to White Comes Steeping our Senses Like a Decadent Desert, Red Berries Adds the Juiciness of Angel, The Cotton Candy And the Pervasive note of Musk Is Like a mature version of Aqualina's
Pink Suger,
The Con is Unfortunally Angel Despite it's Complexity it's Just a Plathora Of Sweet Plastic.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I received this for my birthday from my man...it's his favorite perfume, other than Dolce and Gabana's Light Blue which he's already gifted me and which is completely different.

If you don't like baby powder, you'll hate this. I have a baby who's still in diapers so I kind of love the smell of baby everything. If you think "young" scents=fruity, this is not for you.

Also, you MUST wait for this to settle on your skin (as you should with every perfume you try)...the initial spray of this is not it's true scent. It's extremely strong at first and not what it ends up smelling like after it sets. I can understand how people are overwhelmed by it at first.

I dislike "old lady" scents and most musks...I consider Red Door an old lady scent, to give you an idea of my opinion of old lady...and I could see how this could evolve to smell that way on some people.

This perfume is amazing with my body/skin's chemistry and fades into the softest, gentle, sultry, velvety, silky, sexiest scent I've ever worn. So rich but somehow still light and airy, feminine and girly, not at all too mature for me (in my 20's). I feel like Angel is a perfect name for the way this smells on me after a couple of hours...it's just such a romantic, lovely, through and through female, angelic scent. It smells like it's price, too...expensive lol.

I guess the people who say it smells like chemicals or bug spray have a totally different body chemistry, b/c this smells nothing like raid on my skin.

It's nice to finally have a staple perfume that smells young on me that doesn't smell like a cheap fruity drug store body spray (also why I love dior light blue...that's more of a summer scent, though).

A little goes a long way...so if you're a multi-sprayer, you're probably going to suffocate yourself and others around you. It's best to spray this at least a half hour before you go out so it has time to melt in.

on 5/17/2011 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

One of my co-wokers used to wear it.. I could smell her from blocks away!! Sooo strong and soooo sweet. Gives me headaches. Would never purchase this. I can not understand how someone can like it. If someone is wearing it, Im like "Do you wear Angel?" And they are like yes (happy).. and Im like OMG.

on 1/21/2011 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I don't know what to say about this fragrance other than that it's just plain weird. Strong notes of bergamot and clove with an unmistakable shot of patchouli lingering in the background. I don't detect any floral notes at all, just spice and patchouli. I'd never consider buying the stuff, but if I had, I'd likely be using it as an air freshener or spritzing it here and there for a whiff of Christmas every now and then. Yeah, Christmas. This smells a lot like it. Gets two lippies for uniqueness.

on 10/12/2010 11:37:00 AM

Ok, so we all know this is a bit of a Marmite fragrance. If you like it in the bottle, it's a bit of a lottery as to whether it will smell like heaven on your skin. If you're unlucky, most likely you'll complain about pine trees, burning rubber, deep heat, furniture polish or any other unpleasant aroma your psyche can conjure up! I am happy to say i struck lucky with this and have been loyal to Thierry Mugler for seven years now. So help me, i've tried to switch to something else, since Angel is so common but i do get a lot of compliments even from people who also wear it and have been told i smells quite unique on me. I can't tell you if thats true but i can say that i do truly love this fragrance. I get sweet and heavy caramel notes, spicy but also fruity. To me, i'll keep trying new fragrances but this will probably forever remain my signature scent.

Popular Fragrances